Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    2 of ES last plays were runs ???
    Just one (an end around that lost 7 yards). But only one pass downfield needing to get at least 50 yards with no timeouts and :22 left. Pretty head-scratching.

Comment

Comment

No disagreements with that assessment. You could flip it either way. ESU is bad to let MOWEST come back. MOWEST is bad for letting ESU go up. Who am I kidding. We ALL know everyone will say ESU sucks and Mowest got a slow start and y'all coming back proves it. So MOWEST's going to be fine in the public eye. I digress....

I really don't see us truly knowing where either stands until we face a few of the other top teams though.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
          No disagreements with that assessment. You could flip it either way. ESU is bad to let MOWEST come back. MOWEST is bad for letting ESU go up. Who am I kidding. We ALL know everyone will say ESU sucks and Mowest got a slow start and y'all coming back proves it. So MOWEST's going to be fine in the public eye. I digress....

I really don't see us truly knowing where either stands until we face a few of the other top teams though.
          ESU, MW, WU, Hays, Pitt, and maybe UNK

None of them have put a complete game together against a solid team. It's still a race to see who does so first.

MW has the most talent of those teams, and it isn't close, imo. ESU and WU are the closest to putting all 3 phases together, though. Jmo

Comment

Just saw the highlights. That failed two point conversion was very very close

Comment

Not to make excuses (but I'm going to make excuses). ESU played without their starting RB in Canaan Brooks and two starting WRs in Wil Amos and Corey Thomas who didn't travel due to injuries.
              I was excited that the Hornets came back and got within a point after getting that two minutes of hell to start the fourth quarter. As some people have said the defense looked gassed in the second half, and even though they were able to get a couple of three and outs late to give ESU a chance I have no problem going for the win on the road in that situation. And a RS freshman running back came really close to converting it. IF his knee would have stayed up half a second longer he would have hit the pylon in time, ESU would have won and we'd be talking about the gutsy call.

As it is ESU does not have a senior on their starting offense and only two seniors listed on their two deep on offense. They started three RS-freshmen today on that side of the ball and have seven freshmen on the two deep.
              The defense is a little older with six seniors that all start in the two-deep but they also have four freshmen on the two deep.

The Jungle could be fun next week.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                  Just saw the highlights. That failed two point conversion was very very close

Comment

It looked like he stuck the ball out then pulled it back a half second before his knee hit. Hard to tell if that would have been enough to break the plane from the only angles I saw. The ref on the spot was pretty definitive right away.

Highlights:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                      Not to make excuses (but I'm going to make excuses). ESU played without their starting RB in Canaan Brooks and two starting WRs in Wil Amos and Corey Thomas who didn't travel due to injuries.
                      I was excited that the Hornets came back and got within a point after getting that two minutes of hell to start the fourth quarter. As some people have said the defense looked gassed in the second half, and even though they were able to get a couple of three and outs late to give ESU a chance I have no problem going for the win on the road in that situation. And a RS freshman running back came really close to converting it. IF his knee would have stayed up half a second longer he would have hit the pylon in time, ESU would have won and we'd be talking about the gutsy call.

As it is ESU does not have a senior on their starting offense and only two seniors listed on their two deep on offense. They started three RS-freshmen today on that side of the ball and have seven freshmen on the two deep.
                      The defense is a little older with six seniors that all start in the two-deep but they also have four freshmen on the two deep.

The Jungle could be fun next week.

Comment

• Some things never change, as in fans having all the answers after the play!!!

Comment

• Looked to me like the knee hit the ground, the ball hit the ground, then the ball hit the pylon. I don't think it would have been overturned.

Comment

• Maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Looked to me like the knee hit the ground, the ball hit the ground, then the ball hit the pylon. I don't think it would have been overturned.
                              Yeah, they slowed it down and paused it on the vb during the game. Knee hit the ground about a step from the pylon. Gutsy call going for2 but I think the ref got it right.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X