X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA: Summer Transfers

Re: MIAA: Summer Transfers

What in the world. What an odd path.

I know he was recruited heavily by Lindenwood, and he was good for UCM, but was this a situation where he simply couldn't come to terms with his level of play? Or was he that set on Mizzou he ignored any other D1 interest. Mizzou has had some pretty good RB's over the past 5 years.

Could be a VERY nice pickup for MW.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Markel Smith was highly recruited out of high school by Iowa, but he didn't have the grades to play for the Hawkeyes. So, he went to UCM as a true freshman in 2015 and was the leading rusher with 913 net yards on 191 attempts (2nd leading rusher was the qb Fugate with 519 yards on 147 attempts). As FightnMulz said, Smith then had his eyes set on MU for 2016 and for whatever reason that didn't happen so he went to Illinois State and he had to sit out because of the transfer rule. In 2017 and 2018 Smith played behind James Robinson who had double the carries and yardage that Smith had. Robinson is now back for his senior year and I guess Smith didn't want to play behind Robinson for another year.

Markel Smith is a great pick-up for MOWest. He's 5'11" and 230 lbs and he can pound the ball and he's a load for the defense to get on the ground. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again when the Mules travel to MoWest.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
        Markel Smith was highly recruited out of high school by Iowa, but he didn't have the grades to play for the Hawkeyes. So, he went to UCM as a true freshman in 2015 and was the leading rusher with 913 net yards on 191 attempts (2nd leading rusher was the qb Fugate with 519 yards on 147 attempts). As FightnMulz said, Smith then had his eyes set on MU for 2016 and for whatever reason that didn't happen so he went to Illinois State and he had to sit out because of the transfer rule. In 2017 and 2018 Smith played behind James Robinson who had double the carries and yardage that Smith had. Robinson is now back for his senior year and I guess Smith didn't want to play behind Robinson for another year.

Markel Smith is a great pick-up for MOWest. He's 5'11" and 230 lbs and he can pound the ball and he's a load for the defense to get on the ground. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again when the Mules travel to MoWest.
        Ahh.... yes. My memory was shaky. I remember his story now. Thanks for clarifying.
        230 is a LOAD. At any given time, there will only be 2-3 players on an opposing defense that will be bigger than him.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
          Ahh.... yes. My memory was shaky. I remember his story now. Thanks for clarifying.
          230 is a LOAD. At any given time, there will only be 2-3 players on an opposing defense that will be bigger than him.
          230!! So is this kid kind of like the Big RB Washburn had from KU three years ago. That kid was a big battering ram

Comment

Reminds me of the old NCC, if you couldn't run the ball up the middle, or stop the run up the middle, you couldn't win a game against one of their teams.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
              230!! So is this kid kind of like the Big RB Washburn had from KU three years ago. That kid was a big battering ram
              That kid ran over the whole city of Pittsburg that night when the Ichabods ***** slapped the Gorillas.
              Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Comment

Jacob Park was highly touted out of high school. A 4-star recruit who signed with the Georgia Bulldogs. Put up some good numbers at Iowa State before he left for personal reasons.

Comment

The podcast thing said they had 2 big time QB transfers in Joplin.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      The podcast thing said they had 2 big time QB transfers in Joplin.

Comment

Comment

Comment

its officially official.

taj griffin is playing for central Oklahoma.... gonna add yet another dimension to this already explosive offense.

https://bronchosports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9299

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                              its officially official.

taj griffin is playing for central Oklahoma.... gonna add yet another dimension to this already explosive offense.

https://bronchosports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9299
                              How do you find Central Oklahoma from Oregon??? He went to high school in Georgia. I would love to know what went into that decision. Should be a great pickup for UCO.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X