Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSSU player taken to hospital

Originally posted by txfootball View Post
    Well the fact that it is a pattern for the coach to have it happen 2 times in 2 years is not a good look. I follow college football at all levels and with the technology, support staffs, and rules now a days, this shouldnt happen that often. Look at other programs, you don't see it happening.
    Are you talking about treating heat illnesses?

What makes you say that it doesn't happen that often?
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Do most MIAA schools have ice tubs on hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Do most MIAA schools have ice tubs on hand?
        I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that they do. It's pretty standard equipment as part of a heat illness action plan. Immediate cooling via ice bath immersion is critical, even more so than acting EMS.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
          I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that they do. It's pretty standard equipment as part of a heat illness action plan. Immediate cooling via ice bath immersion is critical, even more so than acting EMS.
          I know a few states require it at all levels, but most don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I know a few states require it at all levels, but most don't.
            I'd be surprised to find an AT staff that covers football that doesn't have the ability to do ice water immersion.

When I was working in a HS, my admin wouldn't budge on getting me one (this was 16 years ago), so I got them to buy me a few of those plastic kiddie pools and used those.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Plus you can chill some serious beer with those...

Comment

No that fact that 2 kids were taken to the hospital for heat related problems in a span of 2 years. That stuff get publisized, so me where it is happening at other places where people aren't gettting in trouble for it.

Comment

I'd be surprised to find an AT staff that covers football that doesn't have the ability to do ice water immersion.

When I was working in a HS, my admin wouldn't budge on getting me one (this was 16 years ago), so I got them to buy me a few of those plastic kiddie pools and used those.
                  Could you not get your local farm store to donate a couple of small stock tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                    Could you not get your local farm store to donate a couple of small stock tanks?
                    Where do you think I live, lol!
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by txfootball View Post
                      No that fact that 2 kids were taken to the hospital for heat related problems in a span of 2 years. That stuff get publisized, so me where it is happening at other places where people aren't gettting in trouble for it.
                      No it doesn't. If protocol is followed and the player makes a full recovery, you won't hear about it the VAST majority of the time. Even if they're taken to the hospital.

I'm not speaking from perception, I'm speaking from personal experience and knowledge.
                      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Sadly it sounds like Sims is batting 500! Thank goodness the player was ok!

Comment

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
                          Sadly it sounds like Sims is batting 500! Thank goodness the player was ok!

Comment

I am not judging his poor decision making in this post. In this post, I am pointing out how big of a pu$$y he looked like on Netflix when he scurried away from the coach at independence.
                            Last edited by HookemHerd; 08-15-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                              I am not judging his poor decision making in this post. In this post, I am pointing out how big of a pu$$y he looked like on Netflix when he scurried away from the coach at independence.
                              Rollchos thought this was too mean. He couldn't figure out how to report me, and told me in private message. Rollchos you dumb dumb. It is in the bottom left next to the star. Triangle with an exclamation mark. SAWFT!

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                                Rollchos thought this was too mean. He couldn't figure out how to report me, and told me in private message. Rollchos you dumb dumb. It is in the bottom left next to the star. Triangle with an exclamation mark. SAWFT!
                                Not mean just racist and small.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X