X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    A Dozen Bronchos Honored By MIAA - University of Central Oklahoma Athletics (bronchosports.com)

this is kind of what ive been saying this season....

*UCO posted a 6-5 record in 2022, its first winning season since 2018. Dorrel, in his first season at Central, played 22 sophomores, 18 redshirt freshmen, and 10 true freshmen. That group of 50 is two-thirds of the 74 that took snaps on the field this Falll. *
    Injuries at WR and RB and a very young O-line made it difficult for the offense to have any consistency. I thought the defense carried the team most of the season, but suffered meltdowns at Mowest and Moso. At UNK they had the All-MIAA QB under control for 58 minutes then let him beat them the last two minutes. Over the winter and into spring I expect the team to jell as they get used to the new coaches and their system. 6-5 was better than expected. The wins over Emporia and NW were huge. An upset of UNK would have been icing on the cake and they almost pulled it off with underclassmen and walk-ons. The win over Central Missouri, while ugly, ended the season on a positive note and will help with attitude over the winter. I do know that one of AD's most important stats is graduation rate, so I expect the players to be hitting the books hard.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Also, just to make it more public. Steph Brown will return at QB next year! Super excited for the stability at the position. AD should get this offense in shape with a full offseason.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    A Dozen Bronchos Honored By MIAA - University of Central Oklahoma Athletics (bronchosports.com)

*UCO posted a 6-5 record in 2022, its first winning season since 2018. Dorrel, in his first season at Central, played 22 sophomores, 18 redshirt freshmen, and 10 true freshmen. That group of 50 is two-thirds of the 74 that took snaps on the field this Falll. *
    We were super young this season. Just hope we can keep the band together with the dern transfer portal. Kids don’t like to sit 2-3 years and wait their turn anymore.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Not sure if this is the connection you're wondering about, but your Coach Lechtenberg on the offensive side of the ball was a running backs coach at VT.
    ahhh for sure. i bet thats it!

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by RollChos View Post

You sure he doesn’t want to move over to offense to help out? The O-Line could use another Stilwell after the way they played this year. Lol
    haha. doubtful. that's why he isn't at Harding or Ouachita right now.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied

o yeh? that's cool! wonder what the connection is there? his film is a little tough to judge either noone was able to block him or the coordinators decided to run away from him.
    we're losing more than Fuentes and slater. there are a couple of more non players in that group.
    i have no doubt in the kid. weight is already up to 255-260 now and HE THINKS he could have rotated in this year.
    Not sure if this is the connection you're wondering about, but your Coach Lechtenberg on the offensive side of the ball was a running backs coach at VT.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied

o yeh? that's cool! wonder what the connection is there? his film is a little tough to judge either noone was able to block him or the coordinators decided to run away from him.
    we're losing more than Fuentes and slater. there are a couple of more non players in that group.
    i have no doubt in the kid. weight is already up to 255-260 now and HE THINKS he could have rotated in this year.
    You sure he doesn’t want to move over to offense to help out? The O-Line could use another Stilwell after the way they played this year. Lol

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by RollChos View Post
    Cho-line is reloading after losing Fuentes and Slater. Looks like we should be getting VA Tech transfer Jaevon Becton next year. Kid looks like a stud.

Jimbo your boy is gonna have to step up his game to compete for reps on that D-Line.
    Last edited by jimbo slice; 11-15-2022, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Cho-line is reloading after losing Fuentes and Slater. Looks like we should be getting VA Tech transfer Jaevon Becton next year. Kid looks like a stud.

Jimbo your boy is gonna have to step up his game to compete for reps on that D-Line.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    i was pleased with how clean of a game we played overall. 4 penalties for 30 yards is good compared to what we've seen on average this season. of course the refs arms may have just been worn out from throwing all the flags on UCM. they got hammered and it could have been a bunch worse. that offensive line is pretty bad with the holding especially the tackles. i saw very few plays where one of them weren't grabbing jersey on the outside of the frame. don't know if he was hurt, slow or lazy but, holding could have been called on him 80% of his plays.

running game was pretty good. line is still learning how to get it done in college. one redshirt was burned for the online about 3 games ago so we finished with 2 true freshman, a redshirt freshman a sophomore and junior as your starting lineup on the oline.
    1 SR TE and two freshman as backups (both of them scored more TDs and had better stats than the starter.)
    2 freshman as rotating starters at RB with the junior coming in at FB at certain times.
    a junior and 2 soph start at WR
    and of course a senior at QB (rumors are still there about him coming back for his covid year)

honestly, if steph isn't the starter next year, I'm not sure the starter is even on campus right now? depends on rumors. more on this later.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    got to say i was shocked at how few seniors there were today. i mean, i knew we very few but when you saw them standing on the field and then they started introducing them at about the 8 minute mark and still had almost a minute left when they were done. weird.
    only saw 7 walk on the field and several of them I'm sad to see go.... Jason Harris is listed as a junior with a redshirt, 2 years playing and then covid this year was his fifth and apparently was eligible for a medical redshirt as well. this season he wasn't on the field a bunch but, when he was out there, he made his mark. 24 tackles, 4 for loss and 3 sacks. well miss his leadership.
    we'll miss slater as well. he was THE coach on the field when he was there. saw him today for the last time, get in the younger players asses for talking smack BACK to the UCM oline.
    said something to the effect of we can't afford to get a penalty this deep in the game with the game so close so shut up and play.
    and appropriately, he had a pass hit him in the chest that he very well could have taken to the house. would have been poetic to see him take an int to the house in his last game.
    Fuentes kept his mouth quiet and still made plays. a sack, 2 tackles for loss and assists on several others. good to see him go out without a bad play.

i just now realized we were missing a couple of defensive backs today. apparently, they haven't been part of the team for several weeks now. I've heard several times this season AD has given the "our way or the highway" talk. these boys have been needing this type of work put on them for a while now. today was an ugly game but i saw the game differently.

3 fumbles and lost all three.

first one was a freshman not being patient and trying to do too much. just kept driving without covering up. d players have been taught since little league when the ball stops moving forward and the carrier is still upright, you need to be punching that ball and stripping.
    second one was just being careless with the ball when running with it. senior QB you're going to have it happen sometimes.
    third was punt return. took about 4 steps after he caught it and just never put the ball away.

3 fumbles, missed XP and missed FG.

Quevedo finished the season in a slump for sure. last 4 games Hes missed 3 FGs and 2 XPs. missed 1 FG and 1 XP the whole rest of the season. very unlike Quevedo...

i add more later.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
    🏀 Sznnn
    Go choke against a **** NW team.

I might add, we’ll whoop some Hornet ass at 🏀 too.
    Last edited by RollChos; 11-12-2022, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    🏀 Sznnn

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Senior Day at UCO! Brown and McGee

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...