• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

well, we fixin to see.

ADAM Lechtenberg has taken the head coaching job for Central Connecticut. I hope he doesn't take his brother but it's not much of a stretch to see that could happen. im sure the search is on for an OC as we speak.
    With the hc being an ol guru, I would think it would be an attractive job for an oc.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied

well, we fixin to see.

ADAM Lechtenberg has taken the head coaching job for Central Connecticut. I hope he doesn't take his brother but it's not much of a stretch to see that could happen. im sure the search is on for an OC as we speak.
    I saw that this morning. The lure of a HC position is strong and with his credentials he was ready for one. I wish him success! I hope that his brother stays at UCO.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I have never understood the love for Brown. I can't think of another MIAA school where he would start.
    well, we fixin to see.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I have never understood the love for Brown. I can't think of another MIAA school where he would start.

Leave a comment:

• MOSO Lions
    replied
    Herl roasted UCO this year for 5 TD. 3 passing and 2 rushing, while Brown was not very good against MOSO. I think he was brought in to compete for the starting role.

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by MOSO Lions View Post
    Losing Herl will hurt MOSO. His accuracy was good, but he had no TE and the receivers couldn’t get any separation. They went 0-4 after he went down with the broken foot.
    I’m not sure he’ll see the field. We have Brown returning and have signed 2 more freshman. Obviously they’ll probably get the redshirt but it is going to be a crowded QB room.

He’ll likely be competing for the backup position with Peyton Thompson.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by MOSO Lions View Post
    Losing Herl will hurt MOSO. His accuracy was good, but he had no TE and the receivers couldn’t get any separation. They went 0-4 after he went down with the broken foot.
    His accuracy was good on deep balls, but his short to intermediate throws always seemed to be behind the receiver. The 0-4 record was against Emporia, MoWest, NW, and Washburn. We would have lost all 4 with Herl. Sampson had the same issue on short to intermediate throws, didn't have as good of a deep ball, and was not as good of a runner as Herl. We will definitely miss him.

We need to get an MBA program at MOSO. That may have kept Herl.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    If Herl loves UCO, maybe you'll get his little brother to transfer next season.

Leave a comment:

• MOSO Lions
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    ill be updating this periodically as more info comes out on some of these new signees.

Oline first

Kamon Bradford OG
    this is one kid I'm particularly excited about. he's shown at 6'4" 320 on his hudl video. I've seen his stats as high as 6'4" 380 im posting a short video of him. this isn't his full video.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2JT7tH

I'm well aware those are typically holding penalties. i played line. I'm also aware they don't always see it. i posted those showing his raw power. his full video is full of his chasing down mlbs and safeties downfield and actually blocking them at 320+ lbs....if he does nothing but chip a nose and destroy a MLB 5 out of 10 times...we are a much better run team than last year.
    '

Myles Moye OT
    this kid is a sophomore starter from SWOSU at 6'5" 280. not sure why he's transferred to UCO. his film shows Hes pretty strong but a bit heavy footed. He may fool me but i feel like he may just be depth at this point. I'm not sure Hes better than the starters we have right now or added this week. its worth noting he played in high school at 330 so he's been dedicated enough in college to lose 50 lbs.

there was a third JUCO kid that was 300lb range but never heard from him again after the initial contact on twitter. and he hasn't posted anything since the offer from UCO.

Last edited by jimbo slice; 12-23-2022, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Is he a graduate transfer?
    yes. his tweet stated he graduated today and was on to UCO

and then said oh by the way, im committing to UCO lol

says "graduated today, next stop UCO.
    I'm excited to announce that I have committed to play at the university of central Oklahoma."

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Is he a graduate transfer?

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    twitter official.... Dawson Herl moving to Edmond Oklahoma.
    TE/OLB/DE transfer from Boise State committed. reportedly 6'4" 235. not sure wha hes being recruited for

3 300+lb oline transfers offered and 2 of them have committed to us.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    twitter official.... Dawson Herl moving to Edmond Oklahoma.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Injuries at WR and RB and a very young O-line made it difficult for the offense to have any consistency. I thought the defense carried the team most of the season but suffered meltdowns at Mowest and Moso. At UNK they had the All-MIAA QB under control for 58 minutes then let him beat them the last two minutes. Over the winter and into spring I expect the team to jell as they get used to the new coaches and their system. 6-5 was better than expected. The wins over Emporia and NW were huge. An upset of UNK would have been icing on the cake and they almost pulled it off with underclassmen and walk-ons. The win over Central Missouri, while ugly, ended the season on a positive note and will help with attitude over the winter. I do know that one of AD's most important stats is graduation rate, so I expect the players to be hitting the books hard.
    very true about the meltdowns. I don't know that we were ever in the mowest game but MOSO and UNK those games were ours for the taking. at the end of the first half at MOSO we took a personal foul penalty on a 3rd down that ended up being an incomplete pass. i believe it was hands to the face or unsportsmanlike or something. i know the player... just not going to say it. so instead of getting the ball back with 3 minutes left or so with the offense finally getting traction, we give them the ball back and we go into a bend but don't break shell that didn't work out. 20 something seconds left in the half we give up a score. game wasnt over at that point but attitude seemed to lean towards defeat it seemed. they still played hard but didn't seem to do it with the same gusto.

unk similar thing happened at the end of the game. false start causes us to go from something like 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 7 and we ended up not getting the first. we get the first down there, we secure the game. it's over. we win. obviously, UNK gets the ball back, kicks the FG and its sad faces all around. just small, tiny mistakes cost us.

in my opinion, we did well against ES and NW and NK because the team is too young to know any kind of fear of those three teams. we played ES and NW at their barns last year so as redshirts, they weren't on the sidelines and likely weren't watching on the internet. Our true freshman had no clue they were even going to go to UCO so they weren't in the mix either. as far as the sophomores go...we have at least 4 junior college transfers and several that have transferred from other colleges that don't know those three teams either. so, you're looking at upwards of 30 kids that saw the field this year that has very little personal knowledge of NK,NW or ES. they just went out and played. talent on talent. coach on coach.
    Quick story. i learned about this in the off season watching the Cho pod cast. never knew it at all and it was my kid that did it to a kid ive known since he was 6 or 7 when i was coaching him.
    super senior Dante Mcgee is telling the story about the 2108 season when we beat NW in Edmond. NW (surely as a way to intimidate) took up residence during warmups right outside of our Lockeroom and under the nearest goal post to our locker rooms. which means we have to go through them to get to the field somehow. Dante is telling the story and says that the receivers start to go to the sidelines to go around the NW formation. my kid says where you guys going. F them! this is our house and then jogged right down the middle of their formation drills and all with all of the oline and dline going with. that game we went out and took it to them. looking back on it, largely because the attitude the players brought to that game.

reload can say what he wants about his team just being better but sometimes it just comes down to the guys that execute. his guys didn't that day because our guys weren't scared or didn't care and made ES make mistakes. they had nothing to lose. they were expected to finish 2nd to last in conference this year.
    in the same vein, that's why ES continues to lose to NW and Pitt. are they a better team than NW? maybe? probably? but there's history and both sides players know it.

6-5 is definitely not where anyone expected us. no one in the media, none of the coaches, many on this board and i feel the players themselves didn't feel it. especially after that MO west game.
    these current redshirts are the only ones Hes recruited so he doesn't even have "his kids" on the field yet of course, with the exception of the 10 freshmen he burned redshirts on.
    i know one of them was a lineman. because of injury, it just had to happen. most lineman aren't ready at 18 years old to get in and grind on the o and dline so they fact that he burned that redshirt shows of the quality of guys Hes been able to recruit thus far.

with the backs...clearly, we didn't have the talent or attitude he could deal with, so they were cleared out and his guys have taken to the roles pretty nicely. the one we lost to concussions was a bummer. he was going to be a super star in my opinion. i watched him for 2 years in high school and was a force. when he played this year, he was tough to get a solid hit on. but one was all it takes obviously lol.

we can't overlook anyone from here on out. everyone has players on scholarship, and we won't be sneaking up on anyone this time. treat everyone with respect but fear no one.

love this staff and what they've done this season. hope we can keep them together. but i fear how long a few of them will be here.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X