• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    d1 facilities would be the salient part of my made up theory
    maybe he's sideways w/ the ad - another made up theory
    maybe he thinks es is a dump - your made up theory
    We got a new AD
    ES is pretty solid to be honest. In comparison to Oklahoma and they have been continually improving. Not as good as others, but ES is solid.

So most of that can go out the window. But the call was never legitimate and the origination of the call... definitely wasn't coming from Emporia City limits....In this made up hypothetical.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

we did 3 recruiting trips there. it was dated but nice. were a football family though. kids that are seriously looking for a different look than being in a small, dated college town, you aren't getting them. he knows it. he's a college football coach and i'm sure he can see how the recruiting process works.
      i like H but he's a little arrogant. never really met one that wasn't. but, as soon as he heard the last name, he smirked at him said thanks for coming and turned to the next guy. what that meant?... i think i know.

my point was, if you are missing out on important kids that you need to win, why not move your operations to the center of your recruiting pool.
      Calls coach arrogant
      Proceeds to tell us how his kid is the key to winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

We got a new AD
        ES is pretty solid to be honest. In comparison to Oklahoma and they have been continually improving. Not as good as others, but ES is solid.

So most of that can go out the window. But the call was never legitimate and the origination of the call... definitely wasn't coming from Emporia City limits....In this made up hypothetical.
        unless yer more plugged in than you let on you dk that one way or the other.

that said it sounds made up to me but that's not the same thing as me claiming it isn't true. this stuff floods the internet & most of it isn't so we can all do the math.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

unless yer more plugged in than you let on you dk that one way or the other.

that said it sounds made up to me but that's not the same thing as me claiming it isn't true. this stuff floods the internet & most of it isn't so we can all do the math.
          IF there was a call, it didn't originate from the 620. Take it as you must... Again, this is "hypothetical".

Think what you want about his performance at ESU, but you would be stupid to think he isn't getting calls or having to turn down calls. Right or wrong this conference is still looked at as "THE MIAA" and he has been performing in "THE MIAA". People want that.

Comment

• I know the ESU coaching staff relates well and gets a lot of recruits other schools are looking at. I really don't think recruiting is the issue at ESU. IDK what tech and services they use, but they aren't doing too bad.

They had the horses to play with, and give themselves a chance to beat both NW and Pitt this year. They just didn't get it done either time.

Comment

IF there was a call, it didn't originate from the 620. Take it as you must... Again, this is "hypothetical".

Think what you want about his performance at ESU, but you would be stupid to think he isn't getting calls or having to turn down calls. Right or wrong this conference is still looked at as "THE MIAA" and he has been performing in "THE MIAA". People want that.
              See: Fritz, Willie.
              I like turtles.

Comment

• Originally posted by transparent58 View Post

See: Fritz, Willie.
                If anything, Fritz proves that a coach can only do so much without institutional support.

Comment

so we agree, you dk & neither do i.

as for the rest of it, miaa #1, emporia st #1, blah blah blah. i obv agree on all points.

the only thing i'd point out here is i'm the only person of the 3 of us not making claims about any of this drivel.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    I know the ESU coaching staff relates well and gets a lot of recruits other schools are looking at. I really don't think recruiting is the issue at ESU. IDK what tech and services they use, but they aren't doing too bad.

They had the horses to play with, and give themselves a chance to beat both NW and Pitt this year. They just didn't get it done either time.
                    Yeah, I think if we can consistently be in this position that would be telling. As you say, we shot our self in the foot this year which could be said in our match up against all three of the teams we lost to, but great teams don't do that right.... we aren't there yet. At the same time though.... for FOOK SAKE! When are we going to get there. lmao. It is frustrating as a fan and alum. I'm rambling, but I don't think it's recruiting either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

If anything, Fritz proves that a coach can only do so much without institutional support.
                      his d1 success makes me think mel t. could've done it too since he spent a decade punking him & started out w/ less than wf did.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

so we agree, you dk & neither do i.

as for the rest of it, miaa #1, emporia st #1, blah blah blah. i obv agree on all points.

the only thing i'd point out here is i'm the only person of the 3 of us not making claims about any of this drivel.
                        Ol Reload aint what his Persona is made out to be lmfao.... but we can go with that. I've spent years building this brand hahahahahahahaha.

Comment

his d1 success makes me think mel t. could've done it too since he spent a decade punking him & started out w/ less than wf did.
                          I think Mel T could have done it at the D1 level.

I kind of think he loved the coaching aspect and not the Business mgmt part of the job, though, so he may not have beem good at it since D1 coaches seem further removed from the x's and o's. Maybe, he would have been great, though. (Probably)

We'll never know now, I guess.

Comment

Calls coach arrogant
                            Proceeds to tell us how his kid is the key to winning.
                            haha reading comprehension skills a little behind eh? its ok. yay public school!

30+ kids on your roster from oklahoma. get a map.

Comment

I'm glad someone at NW still has some common sense....
                              oooohhh please acknowledge my team. i DO deserve to be with the big boys!

Comment

We got a new AD

whatever helps you sleep at night big toot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X