Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Garin Higgins wins 100th game at ESU!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Garin Higgins wins 100th game at ESU!

Great to see Coach Higgins get his 100th win at Emporia State with their 38-0 win over Northeastern Oklahoma State. He has likely became the greatest football coach at ESU, even if he may have trouble putting himself over his old head coach in Larry Kramer or even Fran Welch who has 115 wins for ESU back in the 30’s-50’s.

He has been in the role since 2007 after a very successful run at Northwestern Oklahoma State where he was runners up for a couple NAIA titles. So he has now over 150 career wins and a 10-8 playoff record (3-1 bowl record at ESU) between the two stops of NWOSU and ESU.

With the new facility upgrades going on at ESU, one that has the feeling that the program is probably headed for their highest point in the coming years. Possibly getting to the PSU/NWMSU levels but we will see on that.

Higgins has always had really good to excellent offenses under his watch but the defense is finally starting to catch up. That’s what is needed to contend for MIAA/National Titles in the end.

In the early years we had the defense, but it the offense. I wouldn’t put it off on the defense, but that’s besides the point of the post.

LETS FOOKIN GO HIGGINS!!!!!! ONE HUNDRED WINS!

Comment

Damn no love for higgins….

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
        should be a clue. no one likes you. in the notorious words of Motley Crue.... don't go away mad, just go away.

Comment

Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Who?
            Lol You will soon find out

Comment

Congratulations Coach, along with the players and assistants have accomplished this with the least amount (budget & facilities) than most teams of the MIAA…

Comment

Originally posted by mtxe View Post
                Congratulations Coach, along with the players and assistants have accomplished this with the least amount (budget & facilities) than most teams of the MIAA…
                Lots of hard work those guys out in! Well deserved.

Comment

On a side note. I know it won't ever happen,, but I would like to see hard numbers comparing budgets for UNK, WU, ESU, Southern, Lincoln, MW, and NSU.

UCO, UCM, Hays, Pitt, and NW I can buy having way bigger budgets than those above.

For facilities, ESU is probably behind All but NSU, Lincoln. Not sure about Southern.

Hays, UCO, and UNK probably spend the most on travel.

Comment

We know Pitt is in front of it all, that’s all that should matter to you…

Comment

We know Pitt is in front of it all, that’s all that should matter to you…
                      I honestly don't know if Pitt spends the most money or makes the most money or what?
                      Facilities have almost all been private donations. They sell plenty of seats and ads on the board, so if they are hurting for cash, they should all be fired, and possibly jailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

On a side note. I know it won't ever happen,, but I would like to see hard numbers comparing budgets for UNK, WU, ESU, Southern, Lincoln, MW, and NSU.

UCO, UCM, Hays, Pitt, and NW I can buy having way bigger budgets than those above.

For facilities, ESU is probably behind All but NSU, Lincoln. Not sure about Southern.

Hays, UCO, and UNK probably spend the most on travel.
                        I haven’t see. Facilities at the other places outside of the lockerroom’s, but ESU has stepped it up quite a bit. Then again, the weight room was smaller than my junior high weight room when I started there. So I’m bais on what “better” is as it relates to the rest of the conference.

Comment

Congrats to 101 for coach Higgins today. Beating Dorrel was the next step after NW.

I'm with Reload on the lack of love for Coach Higgins but dude you make us look so bad sometimes.. I know you are trolling sometimes but cmon dude.

In fact, as a long time lurker I have always cringed when posters talk about coaching or coaches specifically. The NW/RW debacle is sickening actually. You guys realize how small this all is right?? Outside of people involved and this board, literally no one cares about the MIAA, I'm sorry.

We are all blessed with some extremely high quality football and none of the non sense comes with D1 Football.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHustle View Post
                            Congrats to 101 for coach Higgins today. Beating Dorrel was the next step after NW.

I'm with Reload on the lack of love for Coach Higgins but dude you make us look so bad sometimes.. I know you are trolling sometimes but cmon dude.

In fact, as a long time lurker I have always cringed when posters talk about coaching or coaches specifically. The NW/RW debacle is sickening actually. You guys realize how small this all is right?? Outside of people involved and this board, literally no one cares about the MIAA, I'm sorry.

We are all blessed with some extremely high quality football and none of the non sense comes with D1 Football.
                            I like how you call out the obvious, that none of this really matters. While complaining like it matters. Don’t like it, get on here and represent and stop lurking.

Comment

I like how you call out the obvious, that none of this really matters. While complaining like it matters. Don’t like it, get on here and represent and stop lurking.
                              That's exactly what I'm doing buddy.

Not saying it doesn't matter either. What I'm really getting it is that it matters way more to players currently on the team and the staff than it does to anyone on here, or any fan period.

People are posting here from their 9-5 job about a sport that makes almost no money for universities that are unheard of to half of the United States. Populated by our future peers who are working to earn a degree and future job alongside the rest of us.

It's easy to coach from the comfort of your computer watching one game a week. As someone who was a part of the program you would think you would have more respect for all the time and work that was put in by coaches.

We all need to take a step back and appreciate what we have in the MIAA and Division 2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X