Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCM at Washburn

Anything from anyone?

I've been reading this board for a long time, at one time posted, and then signed up again to post.
    However, it seems to me like the activity in the MIAA section is not nearly like it was in the past.
    Just wonder if anyone feels the same as I do...and is there a possible reason for the slow down?

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post
    Anything from anyone?

I've been reading this board for a long time, at one time posted, and then signed up again to post.
    However, it seems to me like the activity in the MIAA section is not nearly like it was in the past.
    Just wonder if anyone feels the same as I do...and is there a possible reason for the slow down?
    I think there are a few reasons.

-Pitt has been down for 10 years and the Pitt posters have dwindled over the years..
    -NW is currently down,, so they aren't posting like they used to..
    -Forums are a pretty antiquated thing these days, so it's mainly an older crowd posting in here. There are a lot of newer forms of media that the younger crowd uses.
    -Reload and Jimbo smell funny.
    -Stallard drinks hot dog water.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

-Pitt has been down for 10 years and the Pitt posters have dwindled over the years..
      -Forums are a pretty antiquated thing these days, so it's mainly an older crowd posting in here. There are a lot of newer forms of media that the younger crowd uses.
      Kids and their new way of doing things. Who needs 'em. 😀

Comment

I don't think there are any bods left on here.

The last I heard, their QB was out and a true frosh was playing qb. Not sure if that's still the case?

Comment

Posting is way down IMO and it's mainly been some NW and Pitt fans trading jabs on a regular basis.

As for this week's game, I hope the Mules don't lay a turd. Historically they have had difficulty in Topeka against the Sicky Ichy's but this is a new year. Washburn seems to be struggling and there are only a few Mules fans that post. I personally don't post as much as in the past but I do follow things.

I believe the Mules win by two scores and hope I'm right.

Comment

For an old timer you sure understand my take on the world based on your last 2 points.

Comment

I don't think there are any bods left on here.

The last I heard, their QB was out and a true frosh was playing qb. Not sure if that's still the case?
              I just looked at the game notes and it does look like a Freshman is starting and a Soph is backup.

Comment

I'll chime in as a washburn dad then hays dad. No hope with Washburn or Hays now. They have no identity at this point just living on reputation of early good years when hungry as coaches. Hays lived and died by the pass the last few years. Finally playing defense but has no offense. WU will attract kids with facilities. WU hasn't replaced a coordinator on their own ever? Schurig gave his son a Dline job then an oline job with no experience after playing. Hes just winding down the clock to retirement and building his kids resume and paycheck. Let Zach Watkins fully take over for gods sake

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                  I'll chime in as a washburn dad then hays dad. No hope with Washburn or Hays now. They have no identity at this point just living on reputation of early good years when hungry as coaches. Hays lived and died by the pass the last few years. Finally playing defense but has no offense. WU will attract kids with facilities. WU hasn't replaced a coordinator on their own ever? Schurig gave his son a Dline job then an oline job with no experience after playing. Hes just winding down the clock to retirement and building his kids resume and paycheck. Let Zach Watkins fully take over for gods sake
                  Can’t comment on Washburn outside of your last sentence— I’ve been shocked Watkins hasn’t found a HC job or moved up to FCS for a position coaching job. Guy can recruit and he comes from Brown/Harris defensive tree.

as for Hays identity is slowly coming back. I’ve seen toughness/grit this year i haven’t seen in a long time from a Hays team. Defense is probably right around what it was in 2013 or 2014 just younger. Can see a high ceiling but don’t quite have the depth you really want.

I still have questions about our OC that you alluded to.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

Can’t comment on Washburn outside of your last sentence— I’ve been shocked Watkins hasn’t found a HC job or moved up to FCS for a position coaching job. Guy can recruit and he comes from Brown/Harris defensive tree.

as for Hays identity is slowly coming back. I’ve seen toughness/grit this year i haven’t seen in a long time from a Hays team. Defense is probably right around what it was in 2013 or 2014 just younger. Can see a high ceiling but don’t quite have the depth you really want.

I still have questions about our OC that you alluded to.
                    I thought the Hays passing game was pretty good this year. They just don't have the horses to run the ball. The defense is much better than last year, imo.

Comment

I also think the WU defense is improved from last year. They seem to be struggling on offense for the first time in forever.

Comment

I thought the Hays passing game was pretty good this year. They just don't have the horses to run the ball. The defense is much better than last year, imo.
                        My only concern is that it appears we have a TON of speed at WR position we haven’t had before based on how the game against NW looked and at times have had issues scheming them open rather than saying run a fade. Think if we had a 6’4 QB that could just gun it that would make sense but Dawson is on the shorter side and in the Pitt game you saw him struggle seeing the WRs.

My other thing is - you may have a young oline but you have to find a way to scheme a run game to where we can atleast get 60-70 yards of rushing a game. We haven’t been able to run with any consistency since 2018/2019. Other option would be using the bubble as an extension of the run game that we haven’t done. I feel like I would take our slot one on one in open space over most Dbacks in this conference.

It’s easy to arm chair coach. We’ve played I’m guessing 2 of the top 3-4 Dlines in the conference the last 2 weeks and that definitely plays a role in what we’re seeing on the field.

Maybe I’m getting worked up over nothing and should just enjoy the improved toughness and a team with some energy that hasn’t been present in quite some time

Comment

UCM may not lose again this season if their QB stays healthy. That offense is a handful.

Comment

UCM may not lose again this season if their QB stays healthy. That offense is a handful.

The UCM broadcasters kept talking about Pitt's elite defense. And they are big, tough and fast. Given that, I was surprised the Mules offense put up 37 points. I don't know the status of (QB) Cedric Case, the game one starter who was injured at Mo West. Need him back in the event ZZ gets dinged up. Otherwise, we're stuck with a freshman backup.

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 09-21-2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

The UCM broadcasters kept talking about Pitt's elite defense. And they are big, tough and fast. Given that, I was surprised the Mules offense put up 37 points. I don't know the status of (QB) Cedric Case, the game one starter who was injured at Mo West. Need him back in the event ZZ gets dinged up. Otherwise, we're stuck with a freshman backup.
                              Not every miaa team is going to be able to switch up their whole O and run UCM'S own offensive scheme against them to play track meet like Pitt did in the second half.

Some of UCM's points may be on Pitt's new/young DC being a little lost, but I think most of it is just UCM's O being really good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X