X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miaa GOTW

Mw vs. Hays

Thoughts?
    I will post mine later when I have more time.

Browns radio show this week on Monday he talked about how MW has always seemed to be a thorn in our side. Haven’t looked at game notes but it wouldn’t surprise me if we only had 2-3 wins against MW in Browns tenure.

I haven’t watched MW at all so really can’t give good analysis but I do think this is an important game for the trajectories of both teams.

as far as tiers right now:

tier 1 Pitt ESU
    tier 2 UCM
    tier 3 FHSU/MW/MSSU/UCO/NW
    tier 4 WU UNK
    tier 5 NSU

think this game helps unplug the logjam in the middle. Going to be a lot of battling to get to 3rd/4th place. Unfortunately don’t think 3rd gets into playoffs this year anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
      Browns radio show this week on Monday he talked about how MW has always seemed to be a thorn in our side. Haven’t looked at game notes but it wouldn’t surprise me if we only had 2-3 wins against MW in Browns tenure.

I haven’t watched MW at all so really can’t give good analysis but I do think this is an important game for the trajectories of both teams.

as far as tiers right now:

tier 1 Pitt ESU
      tier 2 UCM
      tier 3 FHSU/MW/MSSU/UCO/NW
      tier 4 WU UNK
      tier 5 NSU

think this game helps unplug the logjam in the middle. Going to be a lot of battling to get to 3rd/4th place. Unfortunately don’t think 3rd gets into playoffs this year anyways.
      With Pitt playing USF, I could see UCM, ESU, and Pitt being 10-1 at the end of the season. That would require, of course, ESU beating Pitt on the 7th. If USF wins a few more games, they would help our SOS. and maybe keep us all in the playoffs. Maybe on the road, though.... LOL

Comment

Perhaps FSU and GVSU end up with the same amount of d2 wins. Uindy and Truman, maybe? Harding and Quachita? Only Pitt if we all end up 10-1. That would be wild...

Comment

This is a tough game to pick.

MW has been getting after the QB, but I haven't watched close enough to see if they're dialing up blitzes or if they're doing it with ends and tackles.

Both teams can be run on a little bit. I think MW has more weapons on O, but think Hays may be a little better on D. I think someone will have to score in the 30s to win this thing.

I think this one should be a great game. Both teams have one loss, so they should be fighting for their lives.

I also wonder if Hays will ride that momentum from beating NW to the next level, or if they will have a let down game.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
            Haven’t looked at game notes but it wouldn’t surprise me if we only had 2-3 wins against MW in Browns tenure.
            It did surprise me. “MWSU leads the all-time series 18-12-1, but have been a thorn in FHSU's side in MIAA play with a 14-2 mark since FHSU joined the conference. The two Tiger wins were in back-to-back years (2016 & 2017). The win in 2017 was the only time in MIAA play the Tigers limited the Griffons to less than 20 points.”

Should be a good game. I’ve only seen MW’s home
            game in week 1, but from afar it’s reassuring that they did what you’re supposed to do vs Lincoln and rallied after giving up the big lead at UCO.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              It did surprise me. “MWSU leads the all-time series 18-12-1, but have been a thorn in FHSU's side in MIAA play with a 14-2 mark since FHSU joined the conference. The two Tiger wins were in back-to-back years (2016 & 2017). The win in 2017 was the only time in MIAA play the Tigers limited the Griffons to less than 20 points.”

Should be a good game. I’ve only seen MW’s home
              game in week 1, but from afar it’s reassuring that they did what you’re supposed to do vs Lincoln and rallied after giving up the big lead at UCO.
              I hated playing at y’all’s stadium. Can’t explain it. Everyone says coming to Hays is a time warp but for some reason the 1-2 times we played there I felt the same way despite it being a shorter trip at the time.

Think this game more than ever comes down to big plays

Comment

Just got a text - game time changed to noon

Comment

Any idea if this is actually going to roll at 12? No pregame radio for us and no broadcast online yet

Comment

1pm kickoff

Comment

Ineptitude in offense and special teams to start the game.

Comment

We might as well be Lincoln.

Comment

Complete ineptitude.

Comment

This team is playing so damn soft. Can’t block. Can’t tackle. Penalties. Turnovers.

Lincoln West

Comment

And we have drop back when we’re in the 7 with 40s left when we haven’t blocked well all day. OC needs to be looked at very seriously.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X