Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stormspotter wife says last night that most of the rain was pushed to Sunday. She’s always looking at her charts, lol.

Comment

Hopefully Thor takes mercy on us and lets us finish this game without much delay.

Comment

The rest of the conference fans should just come to Pitt this weekend, and show the conference how stupid they have been for not allowing OOC games for the last 9 years.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

That doesn’t make sense. Beating a winless team wherever doesn’t add any points. We are playing a team that would add to our SOS. As long as they have more wins than Lincoln, our SOS should be >.500

We certainly would have liked them to have won more games at this point, but last year, it likely would have made the difference between a home second round game and a road second round game.

in the end, this game will add more wins to our opponents schedule and less losses than a game versus Lincoln.
          Yes, I stand corrected. I was thinking more in terms of PI.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

You don't get to wuss out and play Lincoln, then make fun of the team who actually scheduled a noncon.

Well, okay. Just trying to get a rise out of you guys, it worked.

Mules @ Mo South
            Home vs Fort Hays
            @ Lincoln - Perfect timing for a bye week. Play the backups and rest the starters for (hopefully) the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
              Monkey State vs some out of conference whiff ass, you go girls.
              Let's have some peace and quiet, stop stirring up the Howler Monkeys.

Comment

Well, okay. Just trying to get a rise out of you guys, it worked.

Mules @ Mo South
                Home vs Fort Hays
                @ Lincoln - Perfect timing for a bye week. Play the backups and rest the starters for (hopefully) the playoffs.
                You should be worried about the very real possibility of the Mules having one loss and missing the playoffs because they played Lincoln.

Comment

You should be worried about the very real possibility of the Mules having one loss and missing the playoffs because they played Lincoln.
                  How real? Quick, somebody crunch the numbers and tell me the Lincoln curse won't have an impact. Wouldn't that be a real kick in the junk.

Comment

Wouldn't that be a real kick in the junk.
                    It would suck and potentially be a black eye for D2, but if there are still so many one loss teams at the end, it could come down to UCM or Ferris. Do you keep the 2 time NC out or?

Comment

Too bad you're not playing Augustana, USF's in-town rival. They beat Mankato yesterday.
                      Last edited by NW Normal; 10-22-2023, 08:36 PM.

Comment

It would suck and potentially be a black eye for D2, but if there are still so many one loss teams at the end, it could come down to UCM or Ferris. Do you keep the 2 time NC out or?
                        GLVC gets no love, maybe Truman gets left out again. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                          Too bad you're not playing Augustana, SFU's in-town rival. They beat Mankato yesterday.
                          Yeah. That would be fun. As it stands, SFU is at least an opponent that people might show up to see instead of Lincoln, who I wouldn't even buy a ticket for.

Comment

Sioux Falls is Augustana's rival as the campuses are 3 blocks apart. USF consecutive streak of winning seasons that go back to the 90's is in danger. A big Bruh ha with HC being fired last season and many transfers out left new coach with a bare cupboard. It is unfortunate that Pitt St. is not getting the usual strong program to play. Their offense is good, but the defense is horrible. How'd you like Augustana taking down undefeated MN. ST. Mankato?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              Sioux Falls is Augustana's rival as the campuses are 3 blocks apart. USF consecutive streak of winning seasons that go back to the 90's is in danger. A big Bruh ha with HC being fired last season and many transfers out left new coach with a bare cupboard. It is unfortunate that Pitt St. is not getting the usual strong program to play. Their offense is good, but the defense is horrible. How'd you like Augustana taking down undefeated MN. ST. Mankato?
                              I, and I think most every other Pitt fan (MIAA fan?), am just glad we have something new and fresh on the schedule to play. It is even better that we do not have to be forced to see a game with blue tigers at home for homecoming. Thats a sure fire way to ruin a what should be a good crowd. Lets hope the weather decides to play nice this weekend.

Comment

Making the trip down with the family. For the sake of our football loving toddler and his parents who get to chase him around, I too hope the weather cooperates. Though, maybe the rain can level the playing field a little. Or USF also getting OOC for once can raise their game.

Dissappointing season so far, albeit not completely surprising. Was always a possibilty but we all remained hopeful they'd turn a corner mid-season and snag a few to get above .500. Too much constantly playing catch-up in games. vikingfaithful's summary was spot on. Talent isn't far off but some gaping holes remain. All new staff with >80% freshman/sophomores.

That being said, I may be more looking forward to a new gameday environment and finding the best Pittsburg fried chicken. Open to any chicken and non-chicken food recs for we Coo fans making the drive south.
                                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                                2016 NSIC Champions
                                πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X