Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Games This Week

What a dreadful schedule. What's the best one?

UCO at Hays

Comment

Think you make Pitt vs USF the game of the week — i know I know it’s OOC but we should celebrate Pitt for making the move.

Hoping our AD gets on making something happen in the RMAC going forward. Would be nice to go to the mountains for a long weekend and some football once I’m a little closer.

Comment

UCO/ HAYS or MoSo/UCM

I think both have a chance to end up as an upset. Not a high chance, though..

The NW/WU game may be kind of interesting to watch. Mainly to see if NW punishes WU by running it all over them, or goes wild and tries a bunch of new stuff on O.

Also with 3 weeks left, it might be a good time to look at who has playedba lotbof true freshman already and who hasn't. Might be fun to see if there was a way to kind of track that, as I think those who don't take advantage of that 3 game rule could be at a real disadvantage come recruiting time, especially a couple years down the road as HS kids start to look at that in their decision making process.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          UCO/ HAYS or MoSo/UCM

I think both have a chance to end up as an upset. Not a high chance, though..

The NW/WU game may be kind of interesting to watch. Mainly to see if NW punishes WU by running it all over them, or goes wild and tries a bunch of new stuff on O.

Also with 3 weeks left, it might be a good time to look at who has playedba lotbof true freshman already and who hasn't. Might be fun to see if there was a way to kind of track that, as I think those who don't take advantage of that 3 game rule could be at a real disadvantage come recruiting time, especially a couple years down the road as HS kids start to look at that in their decision making process.
          Think this will be a big weekend for people to play freshman to see what they have in the bank. I would expect NW/ESU to play a lot of freshman to see what they have in the cupboard and see how much house cleaning needs to happen. I don’t think Hays/MWSU will play many as they still have a waaaaaay outside shot at playoffs.

Real question marks are UCM and Pitt - do you give the guys some time on special teams to start the game and if you get up big play em more? Or do you try and hold ‘em just in case you make a deep run and need em for injuries?

I’d expect everyone else to start throwing guys in if they hadn’t started last week.

Comment

Gotta be USF vs PSU-kudos to Pitt for actually playing someone other than LU.

Comment

We have at least 1 that we pulled the redshirt. Dagen Dean has played his way into our linebacker rotation. Hopefully we can keep developing him keep our linebacker corp strong for years to come.

Comment

Home teams will have the ability to play more of their young players, travel rosters won't have that option. With the transfer portal and the four game allowance to maintain redshirts, the coaches have more options thus more decisions to make.
                Last edited by NW Normal; 10-25-2023, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                  Home teams will have the ability to play more of their young players, travel rosters won't have that option. With the transfer portal and the four game allowance to maintain a redshirts, the coaches have more options thus more decisions to make.
                  True, and those that have home games against NSU and or LU Had an even better opportunity to get kids playing time.

Comment

Pitt has played quite a few in spot duty, and a handful due to injuries. I think everyone who traveled got to play against NSU in the 2nd half.

Comment

I think most teams try holding onto a few in case of injury and play the rest in mop up time.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                        Home teams will have the ability to play more of their young players, travel rosters won't have that option. With the transfer portal and the four game allowance to maintain redshirts, the coaches have more options thus more decisions to make.
                        Solid point that I didn’t consider. Hopefully we can get up on UCO to get the young pups some playing time as I think we’ll be in a dogfight the next couple weeks

Comment

I think most teams try holding onto a few in case of injury and play the rest in mop up time.
                          I had some time this morning, school trips, ya know. We have only burned one redshirt with Dean, #s 64 and 84 have both have both played in 3 games, so if they play anymore their redshirts will be burned. That is just redshirts with a number...

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I had some time this morning, school trips, ya know. We have only burned one redshirt with Dean, #s 64 and 84 have both have both played in 3 games, so if they play anymore their redshirts will be burned. That is just redshirts with a number...
                            Thanks.

I think the Freshman RB has only played in 1 or 2 so far. Not sure about others.

I volunteer Brandon to do a deep dive on that.

Comment

Thanks.

I think the Freshman RB has only played in 1 or 2 so far. Not sure about others.

I volunteer Brandon to do a deep dive on that.
                              I just had him in 1. lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X