Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHSU at UCM

Weather certainly looks better for the MIAA compared to this past weekend.

I think this has the potential to be closer than some people think.

Hays pass D and pass O are decent. I don't think they'll win it, but think they may hang with the Mules at least for a while.

I think it depends on the Hays QB. He can be a td machine or a pick machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Hays pass D and pass O are decent. I don't think they'll win it, but think they may hang with the Mules at least for a while.

Hays is surprisingly good, this year.

Comment

We’ve rushed for over 200 last 4 games. Granted that’s been MSSU, WU, UCO and Lincoln don’t know what UCM run D looks like but it’d be nice to keep ball out of UCM hands.

Dawson just needs to have a solid game without turnovers and I think we’ll hang around all day. Win is questionable. Our young Oline seem to be clicking.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Hays is surprisingly good, this year.
          We’re a bad first quarter at MWSU from being 8-1. Been impressive. Culture matters.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

We’ve rushed for over 200 last 4 games. Granted that’s been MSSU, WU, UCO and Lincoln don’t know what UCM run D looks like but it’d be nice to keep ball out of UCM hands.

Dawson just needs to have a solid game without turnovers and I think we’ll hang around all day. Win is questionable. Our young Oline seem to be clicking.
            UCM runs that 33 stack like Emporia. It's kind of a sellout D, so they tend to be good at one thing or the other, but not both at the same time.

Comment

As far as playing keep away, Pitt held the ball for 36 minutes. Could have been 40 easy, but Pitt had to scrap slow and steady and Run UCM'S own hurry up spread against them during parts of that game to catch up and stay ahead.

Comment

I mean their O is crazy good. I hope Hays slows them down, but it's an insanely tall order.

Comment

I mean their O is crazy good. I hope Hays slows them down, but it's an insanely tall order.
                  Absolutely will be. I’m excited for it regardless. Actually off this weekend to watch. I unfortunately was working during UCO game.

Comment

Should be an interesting match-up. Hays has historically done well defensively against UCM. They’ve only given up 30+ points 3 times in the past 10 years and have held them to less than 20 points in most of their wins. That’s pretty impressive considering how prolific UCM’s offense has been during that time period. UCM’s offense thrives off of big plays and Hays system is designed to take big plays away. Should be an interesting matchup.

I think UCM has more firepower for Hays to consistently get stops. No one has stopped them. Hays’s offense is a lot more efficient and their improved run game may set them up to be able to play the type of game they need to. If they have to start relying on the pass and turn the ball over, the game will get out of hand quick like the Pitt game did.

Hays is a lot better than people give them credit for and I think they have a shot at winning this game. Their front 4 on defense is arguably the best in the league, which is a huge advantage playing a system like UCM’s. I still think UCM will win, but if Hays plays their best game, I would not be shocked if they pull of the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by SEC_OF_D2 View Post
                      Should be an interesting match-up. Hays has historically done well defensively against UCM. They’ve only given up 30+ points 3 times in the past 10 years and have held them to less than 20 points in most of their wins. That’s pretty impressive considering how prolific UCM’s offense has been during that time period. UCM’s offense thrives off of big plays and Hays system is designed to take big plays away. Should be an interesting matchup.

I think UCM has more firepower for Hays to consistently get stops. No one has stopped them. Hays’s offense is a lot more efficient and their improved run game may set them up to be able to play the type of game they need to. If they have to start relying on the pass and turn the ball over, the game will get out of hand quick like the Pitt game did.

Hays is a lot better than people give them credit for and I think they have a shot at winning this game. Their front 4 on defense is arguably the best in the league, which is a huge advantage playing a system like UCM’s. I still think UCM will win, but if Hays plays their best game, I would not be shocked if they pull of the upset.
                      First off happy to see new bodies coming to the board.

This UCM team is so damn explosive with what I would consider D1/borderline pro talent at WR and QB is playing out of his mind. To be honest our secondary hasn’t played a team with top end WR talent in the conference outside of Pitt and some of the gorilla fans would argue that the WR aren’t fantastic. we haven’t played emporia who is the other team with top end WR talent. We struggled with Pitt TE terribly. It’ll be interesting to see our secondary match up with them. Think we’re giving up a ton of height.

Our Defensive line is sneaky good. They had a pretty good interview with Darville yesterday who isn’t lighting the stat sheet up this year but he just eats doubles and grinds. Wallace very much does the same. Our Dends are playing well and the emergence of Parrish Terry has been so much fun to see. Him and Barker will be fun to watch for years to come. Menges has emerged as an awesome leader this year. I still think I’ve been more impressed by the NW Dline across the board as a unit but our guys do their job and make the defense run.

Offensively I think we’ve grown as a unit every week. The question is turnovers. Can we play mistake free football?

Really excited for this one.

Comment

The UCM defense is getting tougher each week. The half time adjustments by the DC have been pretty good. Everybody wants to talk about Air Lambo, but the Mules defense might prove to be the overlooked X-factor...just saying.

Comment

What’s impressed me the most about UCM’s defense is that they play to the identity of their offense. When you play the style of offense that UCM does, you will never have an elite statistical defense. What they’ve excelled in is creating impact plays and turnovers. That’s the style of defense you have to play when you have a high tempo, high explosives offense. That’s what has impressed me about Pitt, UCM, and Hays this year is that their offense and defense play to each other. Pitt is power and control on offense and tough disciplined defense. UCM is explosive offense with a multiple, turnover creating defense. Hays is an efficient run, RPO based offense with a sound, structured defense. The difference between Hays and the first two have been the turnovers.

Thats what has made watching NW for a while so frustrating on offense. Their system hasn’t matched up with their defense and I think it’s a big reason they haven’t been a huge threat on the national level in a while. You have a dominant D with a finesse offense.
                          Last edited by SEC_OF_D2; 10-31-2023, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I am looking forward to being at the game. With a potential playoff spot on the line, I hope that FHSU gives the Mules a game to prepare us for post season. We saw pressure on the QB early against Pitt and NW and adjustments were made. We struggled to run the ball at time but adjustments were made. I agree with others that the defense is what few are talking about, but they are getting better as the season goes on. Lambo has a fun group and is changing the stale culture we had with JS before his departure. I still see the Mules winning the game, but a close Q4 could help them in the future.

Comment

It's hard to say if the UCM D is getting better. The 2nd half against ESU, they looked good. The first half against Pitt they looked good. Overall their schedule was front loaded, so stats are definitely bound to improve as the season goes on.

Their O also goes so fast, that you kind of have to define success a little differently. Like SEC said. Their D is getting turnovers and that's great when you can give that O extra chances.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X