Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still wonder if Racy will get some other football schools to join the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      I still wonder if Racy will get some other football schools to join the conference.
      im sure he’ll try. Bigger is not always better despite what the FBS is doing. Think 10 football playing schools allows us to be flexible and schedule good out of conference games while. Other option imo would be go to 14 and split into pods. Where you play everyone in your pod - 3 from other pod and 2 noncons.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

im sure he’ll try. Bigger is not always better despite what the FBS is doing. Think 10 football playing schools allows us to be flexible and schedule good out of conference games while. Other option imo would be go to 14 and split into pods. Where you play everyone in your pod - 3 from other pod and 2 noncons.
        Yeah. He talked like he wanted to go bigger. Like 16 to 20 teams.

Comment

Sounds great in theory. Where do you get em? Nsic gac or RMAC? Glvc is basically the conference of misfit MIAA teams. And any of the others expand footprint fairly heavily.

Comment

Sounds great in theory. Where do you get em? Nsic gac or RMAC? Glvc is basically the conference of misfit MIAA teams. And any of the others expand footprint fairly heavily.
            There have been rumors of talks with TX and AR teams. Not sure if they're true, though.

Comment

Right, but not necessarily all football schools. We could see a non-football addition for every football addition. He talked about this in a YouTube video I saw a while back.

On the football side, he mentioned a hypothetical scenario of having divisions and a couple crossover games while still allowing for non-conference games. And also having a conference championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Right, but not necessarily all football schools. We could see a non-football addition for every football addition. He talked about this in a YouTube video I saw a while back.

On the football side, he mentioned a hypothetical scenario of having divisions and a couple crossover games while still allowing for non-conference games. And also having a conference championship game.
                Part of the reason i think 14-18 could work. Just don’t know where you go get em without expanding the footprint massively. The teams imo that fit the best are again the misfit toys of the glvc with Truman/SWBaptist etc.

Comment

Part of the reason i think 14-18 could work. Just don’t know where you go get em without expanding the footprint massively. The teams imo that fit the best are again the misfit toys of the glvc with Truman/SWBaptist etc.
                  Fair point. The most likely addition is Wayne State. There's been some smoke to that rumor and it wouldn't be a shock for them to switch. West Texas A&M and Midwestern State are the rumored teams from the Lone Star. Those three additions at least make some geographical sense if the plan is to have divisional play and also add some quality. The trick will be to balance the geography so the conference doesn't move south too drastically. It could be tricky to find any other options north of the current footprint.

Comment

The four I've heard is Harding Wayne state,Texas a&m and Midwestern State. Put in the conference into pods or divisions or anything like that would be a much better option. The lone Star is going to be a much better option for non-conference games since we're switching to the region with them

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X