Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post
    Is the QB that transferred to WT a big loss to UNK. The WT folks on the LSC board act like he going to be a game changer. They were terrible at throwing the football last season will the new QB help them improve in that area?

Jones is a better fit for the O from what I remember of him at MW. It seems like they used him as more of a game manager for a power running and pa. attack.

I was glad the option guy transferred. He has the tools to be a great option qb. It beats him being a round peg in a square hole.

It's a weird transition. The 2 staffs are both system or die outfits, and their systems were worlds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post
      Is the QB that transferred to WT a big loss to UNK. The WT folks on the LSC board act like he going to be a game changer. They were terrible at throwing the football last season will the new QB help them improve in that area?
      He's a great athlete and could be a stud in an option offense. But he wasn't a good fit under our new coaching staff's philosophy, which is more of a spread passing attack. So I wouldn't hold my breath hoping he's going to light it up through the air.

He should do well under Lynn though, who originally recruited him to UNK. Their established relationship should make the transition easier. I don't know how Lynn's offense was at WT compared to what he did at UNK. If it didn't change much, WT should do pretty well even if they don't throw it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

He's a great athlete and could be a stud in an option offense. But he wasn't a good fit under our new coaching staff's philosophy, which is more of a spread passing attack. So I wouldn't hold my breath hoping he's going to light it up through the air.

He should do well under Lynn though, who originally recruited him to UNK. Their established relationship should make the transition easier. I don't know how Lynn's offense was at WT compared to what he did at UNK. If it didn't change much, WT should do pretty well even if they don't throw it a lot.
        It's pretty similar.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X