Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSU Attendance v. DI Portland State and Montana State

According to the box scores from both schools, more fans attended the WOU v. HSU game than attended the Montana State v. Portland State game on Saturday. Interesting.

Re: HSU Attendance v. DI Portland State and Montana State

Did I mention that NEITHER WOU nor HSU had won a game entering Saturday's contest ...?

Perhaps MSU and PSU should cancel their football programs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
      Did I mention that NEITHER WOU nor HSU had won a game entering Saturday's contest ...?

Perhaps MSU and PSU should cancel their football programs as well.
      I saw MSU get blown out at South Dakota State. But they won't be dropping football.

PSU on the other hand very well might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
        According to the box scores from both schools, more fans attended the WOU v. HSU game than attended the Montana State v. Portland State game on Saturday. Interesting.
        MSU draws well at home; PSU was drawing 10K a game when they were D2 and competing for national titles. Their D-1 efforts draw horrifically in football and basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          MSU draws well at home; PSU was drawing 10K a game when they were D2 and competing for national titles. Their D-1 efforts draw horrifically in football and basketball.
          Montana State averages around 18K in football, with a stadium capacity of 20,767.

Comment

Portland State plays football in that soccer stadium in Portland. I went to the game when CWU played them. It's a pain in the butt. There's little parking, and it's remote from everything else. And if you park on the street, the max time on the parking meter is 2 hours, and they have a no re-admittance policy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
              Portland State plays football in that soccer stadium in Portland. I went to the game when CWU played them. It's a pain in the butt. There's little parking, and it's remote from everything else. And if you park on the street, the max time on the parking meter is 2 hours, and they have a no re-admittance policy.
              Portland isn't a sports town, well it is for Blazers and soccer. PSU either needed to crank things up and go FBS (if the WAC was still playing football) or go D2. If they were FBS, they could host OSU or WSU if the stadium was slightly bigger, maybe even UO (note: WSU is going to 23K stadium Utah State in a couple years). They're remodeling their gym right now, before that it held around 1,000 and most junior high gyms were better. PSU, Sac State, etc., are D-1annabees, frauds, that can't even get one track athlete or one golfer to an NCAA regional, let alone NCAA final. Basically, they do nothing well.

A couple years ago it appeared Sac State might win the Big Sky in men's hoops and would have to host the tourney. Their gym (yes, gym, not arena) holds 1,300 so they were looking at bringing in stands to their REC CENTER to make it big enough. Thankfully, they didn't win the conference. These schools basically have a model of playing a body bag game and get some CBS basketball tourney money to keep their athletic department alive. They'd be better off not chasing rainbows, same with 150 other D-1 basketball schools.

Comment

Portland isn't a sports town, well it is for Blazers and soccer. PSU either needed to crank things up and go FBS (if the WAC was still playing football) or go D2. If they were FBS, they could host OSU or WSU if the stadium was slightly bigger, maybe even UO (note: WSU is going to 23K stadium Utah State in a couple years). They're remodeling their gym right now, before that it held around 1,000 and most junior high gyms were better. PSU, Sac State, etc., are D-1annabees, frauds, that can't even get one track athlete or one golfer to an NCAA regional, let alone NCAA final. Basically, they do nothing well.

A couple years ago it appeared Sac State might win the Big Sky in men's hoops and would have to host the tourney. Their gym (yes, gym, not arena) holds 1,300 so they were looking at bringing in stands to their REC CENTER to make it big enough. Thankfully, they didn't win the conference. These schools basically have a model of playing a body bag game and get some CBS basketball tourney money to keep their athletic department alive. They'd be better off not chasing rainbows, same with 150 other D-1 basketball schools.
                Debbie Downer with another long winded post that you end up contradicting yourself. Portland is a great sports town for a small city. And by far the most hospitable city to protest in other then Seattle.

Comment

What is funny, driving through there a couple of summers ago they said they should be the ones bidding for an NHL franchise as they already have an arena. There are sports fans, but they are a huge minority. Even though WHL, I decided to look up the Winterhawk's attendance numbers and they averaged right around 6k. That may be enough of a base for an NHL team considering it is junior hockey or perhaps even AHL as Seattle's farm club. I'll note that's the size of the Toyota Center in Kennewick too, which also hosts a WHL team.

I know our SFU fans may have input on that part of Portland's sports too.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
                    Debbie Downer with another long winded post that you end up contradicting yourself. Portland is a great sports town for a small city. And by far the most hospitable city to protest in other then Seattle.
                    I lived there for 3 years and it isn't a great sports town. Prep sports don't draw well, UP hoops about 900 a game, PSU about 500 a game in men's hoops. Blazers draw well as does soccer.

Look, Highway. I get it, man. You don't like me. I've been on this board forever. I come here to talk football and sports issues without getting bashed on a regular basis. You can say you respectfully disagree or something, but I really like this board and want to stay here. I was even a GNAC columnist for this site for awhile. Yes, I'm passionate about D2 football, there aren't a ton of us out there, so don't try to drive us away. Can you just keep it civil? Other CWU guys, HSU fans, APU fans, etc., aren't like this. Just one request: If you want to flame me, just send me a private message, OK? The board culture isn't like this and hasn't been.

Comment

I lived there for 3 years and it isn't a great sports town. Prep sports don't draw well, UP hoops about 900 a game, PSU about 500 a game in men's hoops. Blazers draw well as does soccer.

Look, Highway. I get it, man. You don't like me. I've been on this board forever. I come here to talk football and sports issues without getting bashed on a regular basis. You can say you respectfully disagree or something, but I really like this board and want to stay here. I was even a GNAC columnist for this site for awhile. Yes, I'm passionate about D2 football, there aren't a ton of us out there, so don't try to drive us away. Can you just keep it civil? Other CWU guys, HSU fans, APU fans, etc., aren't like this. Just one request: If you want to flame me, just send me a private message, OK? The board culture isn't like this and hasn't been.
                      Well said and Go Wolves!

Comment

Wow! You've been on here a long time. Kudos to you. Not to laugh but it's kind of pathetic that you need to safe space. I thought that it was just a millennial type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
                          Wow! You've been on here a long time. Kudos to you. Not to laugh but it's kind of pathetic that you need to safe space. I thought that it was just a millennial type of thing.
                          Just trying to keep it civil.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X