Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR4 Ranking Released

1. Tarleton State 2. Minnesota State 3. Colorado Mines 4. CSU-Pueblo 5. Angelo State 6. Texas A&M-Commerce 7. Augustana 8. Sioux Falls 9. Winona State 10. West Texas A&M

No point in any further discussion of this since GNAC will obliviously be out of the running this year.

Don't really deserve to be in the discussion either.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      Don't really deserve to be in the discussion either.
      WOU's home loss to CWU officially bounced them out of the playoffs. I love the season they're having this year -- playing Commerce tough, beating Midwestern State and Kingsville -- but that CWU loss will sting for awhile. It was right there for the taking.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

WOU's home loss to CWU officially bounced them out of the playoffs. I love the season they're having this year -- playing Commerce tough, beating Midwestern State and Kingsville -- but that CWU loss will sting for awhile. It was right there for the taking.
        I have to wonder what CWU would have done had they not gone with Loose Canon to start the year.

Comment

I am still holding out a sliver of hope for the GNAC. I thought the GNAC was done earlier but hear me out. Don't laugh me off the board but several teams ahead of CWU/WOU with 2 loses either play each other or they play teams ahead of them in the standings the last 3 weeks. It is possible for some teams from 5-10 now that finish with 3 loses. At that point it will be completely up to the NCAA to choose. Would they leave out a conference winner for a 3rd place NSIC/LSC/RMAC team? They choose Azusa last year over 3rd place Midwestern and Duluth. I am not holding my breath but I would not be surprised to see CWU or WOU sneak up if they continue to win. This would give the NCAA several options on choosing the 7th spot and still be able to back up their decision with conference winner or SOS. Go ahead... let the laughter and jabs come my way.

Comment

Well CWU doesn't only have 2 in region losses of their 4

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
              I am still holding out a sliver of hope for the GNAC. I thought the GNAC was done earlier but hear me out. Don't laugh me off the board but several teams ahead of CWU/WOU with 2 loses either play each other or they play teams ahead of them in the standings the last 3 weeks. It is possible for some teams from 5-10 now that finish with 3 loses. At that point it will be completely up to the NCAA to choose. Would they leave out a conference winner for a 3rd place NSIC/LSC/RMAC team? They choose Azusa last year over 3rd place Midwestern and Duluth. I am not holding my breath but I would not be surprised to see CWU or WOU sneak up if they continue to win. This would give the NCAA several options on choosing the 7th spot and still be able to back up their decision with conference winner or SOS. Go ahead... let the laughter and jabs come my way.
              Nah, the NCAA occasionally throws the GNAC a bone, so it's not *impossible*. But... CWU should win the three games they have left, because they play the two 1-win GNAC teams in APU and SFU, and Southwest Baptist, currently at 3-5. So, their SOS is only going to get worse. WOU also plays SFU and APU, but they have Eastern New Mexico, sitting at 5-3. Plus, they've played a harder schedule than CWU has. So, if any team from the GNAC stands to get entry, it'd be WOU.

Comment

Nah, the NCAA occasionally throws the GNAC a bone, so it's not *impossible*. But... CWU should win the three games they have left, because they play the two 1-win GNAC teams in APU and SFU, and Southwest Baptist, currently at 3-5. So, their SOS is only going to get worse. WOU also plays SFU and APU, but they have Eastern New Mexico, sitting at 5-3. Plus, they've played a harder schedule than CWU has. So, if any team from the GNAC stands to get entry, it'd be WOU.
                I would agree with this. I believe WOU will also have 11 D2 games and CWU would only have 10 so I would think WOU would probably get the nod if they choose to pick a GNAC team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

I would agree with this. I believe WOU will also have 11 D2 games and CWU would only have 10 so I would think WOU would probably get the nod if they choose to pick a GNAC team.
                  The only chance of this happening is if some of the teams that are ranked beat each other up, though. And if it did happen, the whining from whatever team that got bumped would be epic.

Comment

A 3-loss GNAC team isn't going to the playoffs, sorry. WOU had a golden opportunity with the CWU game at home -- even after starting 0-2 -- the Wildcat game with a 2-TD lead in the 2nd half was there for the taking. Huge opportunity missed, they had the talent to close out that. game. WOU has an outstanding defense this year, a pretty good offense, too. That game is a head-scratcher, though tough to beat CWU twice in a season. If you can pound Midwestern State and play straight up vs. Commerce, you gotta beat CWU's worst team in a decade or more in Monmouth. Those opportunities -- as shown by the series record -- don't come often for WOU.

Comment

If they win out, CWU only has 2 in-region losses. Then again they get to play a horrible SFU and APU twice, and barely beat a weak Western NM team remember. So no way they make it
                      If they win out, WOU will still have 3 in-region losses despite beating MSU. And they play both SLU and APU twice which doesn't help SoS.

Not happening this year with how strong the LSC and RMAC teams are.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                        If they win out, CWU only has 2 in-region losses. Then again they get to play a horrible SFU and APU twice, and barely beat a weak Western NM team remember. So no way they make it
                        If they win out, WOU will still have 3 in-region losses despite beating MSU. And they play both SLU and APU twice which doesn't help SoS.

Not happening this year with how strong the LSC and RMAC teams are.
                        WOU has a stronger SOS than CWU does. If they win out then they'll have beaten Eastern New Mexico which ups that SOS again. But, like you said, it doesn't really matter.

Comment

WOU has a stronger SOS than CWU does.
                          They certainly do in-region (out of region CWU played Ferris State and Idaho) but 3 in region losses closes the door this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

They certainly do in-region (out of region CWU played Ferris State and Idaho) but 3 in region losses closes the door this year.
                            Idaho, and all non-D2 games for that matter, don't count towards playoffs, good or bad. But yeah, the GNAC's poor OOC record this year doomed any chances of a playoff spot.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X