Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWU Leading WR Tyson Rainwater Also to Transfer!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

That 'non-D1' school up in Cheney almost beat Kansas in basketball. Are you saying their basketball program isn't D1? Another 'non-D1' school in ACU beat Texas. These aren't at all like when Chaminade, a true D2 school beat #1 Virginia. Also is a school like Gonzaga or Georgetown not Division I because they don't have football?
    Why aren't they like that? Why isn't Chaminade a "D1" school when they beat Virginia? In my view, it's ridiculous to even include this as an argument. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a football team think it was championship caliber because it played the eventual champion close. There is a lot more than goes into being a championship team that one close game against the eventual champion.

tsull has long been critical of institutions masquerading as equals of Duke or North Carolina. He has been consistent on this issue.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Not on the Western Illinois roster ... most likely out of football. Oh well, college sports is tough, not for everybody.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Playing the victim card hardly furthers one's credibility.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied

That 'non-D1' school up in Cheney almost beat Kansas in basketball. Are you saying their basketball program isn't D1? Another 'non-D1' school in ACU beat Texas. These aren't at all like when Chaminade, a true D2 school beat #1 Virginia. Also is a school like Gonzaga or Georgetown not Division I because they don't have football?
    Actually I didn't say any of that that you wrote. I don't believe Eastern Washington's division one in football. I believe they are Division 1 in basketball because they have access to the big dance. Chaminade actually beat Virginia when they were an NAIA School. Western Oregon had beat them the year before to go to the nationals, and then the next year when they beat Virginia they beat Western in the district finals in Hawaii to go to nationals.

Abilene Christian is also a division 1 basketball school and other sports school but not Division 1 in football. They are fcs, there's nothing wrong with that, just like Eastern. I just don't believe they are FBS or group of five, that's all I'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

If people disagree with me on that that's fine, if they have to insult me to make a disagreement they are of pretty low character.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by tsull View Post

I think you are equally upset, calling me a tool for wondering while fairly obscure regional colleges in the west are claiming to be Division 1 when they are not.

I don't know why you want to make this personal with the insults, usually this board is pretty good without that. My opinion just different from you I don't think you are a tool or an idiot, but I don't know why you want to insult people just to prove your point. Usually when the insults start flying I realize that the person doesn't have anything else to offer.
    Not up[set at all. I called you out for thrashing kids you don't know at all. I also pointed out how you were wrong regarding DI. You were the one that doubled down.

If you think asking why "you have a hard on" is some personal insult, this is way bigger than any post I have made. You do have an agenda regarding administrators at schools as well as athletes. I just have called you on it. You used to add a lot to the discussion; now, you don't.

i regret you have issues that you cannot handle. Perhaps this isn't a place for you.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

I think you are equally upset, calling me a tool for wondering while fairly obscure regional colleges in the west are claiming to be Division 1 when they are not.

I don't know why you want to make this personal with the insults, usually this board is pretty good without that. My opinion just different from you I don't think you are a tool or an idiot, but I don't know why you want to insult people just to prove your point. Usually when the insults start flying I realize that the person doesn't have anything else to offer.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

This is your opinion.

FBS does not have playoffs sponsored by the NCAA. In keeping track of the AD Cup, Alabama gets ZERO points in the Learfield AD Cup for their football "Win". The only sponsored championship is the FCS championship.

I don't understand why you have such a hard on about it. FCS is Division I, albeit a subset of it. Power 5 and Group of Five are made up by the media.

What is more disturbing is your trashing of these kids that are transferring and hoping they flop. Do you know any of these kids? Do you know their circumstances? That is really low for anyone. I expect more from you.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    That could be what hurts the Pac-12. They have Pac-12 after dark, but most of their games are with FOX or the Pac-12 network.

Back on topic though, I don't blame players for wanting to move up a division especially in the GNAC to face harder competition. Not that there isn't competition, but with the double round robin and travel with the LSC next year I can see them wanting to go to a school with less travel, especially if they want to work on a degree at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Pounder
    replied

Want to know something a little funny? I'll break down last year's Final 4 in those tiers. The Champ was from D2, runner up from D5.5 (no football) and the other two were from D2 and D3. I'm glad this doesn't go into basketball yet. That could though make your D1 want to split off as they couldn't make the Final Four.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Want to know something a little funny? I'll break down last year's Final 4 in those tiers. The Champ was from D2, runner up from D5.5 (no football) and the other two were from D2 and D3. I'm glad this doesn't go into basketball yet. That could though make your D1 want to split off as they couldn't make the Final Four.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied

I'm not playing any game I don't believe FCS football is FBS football they're not eligible for the FBS football playoffs which is division 1, the other tier of division 1 is the group of five. FCS is not mentioned in the group of five or Power 5 of division 1 football.
    This is your opinion.

FBS does not have playoffs sponsored by the NCAA. In keeping track of the AD Cup, Alabama gets ZERO points in the Learfield AD Cup for their football "Win". The only sponsored championship is the FCS championship.

I don't understand why you have such a hard on about it. FCS is Division I, albeit a subset of it. Power 5 and Group of Five are made up by the media.

What is more disturbing is your trashing of these kids that are transferring and hoping they flop. Do you know any of these kids? Do you know their circumstances? That is really low for anyone. I expect more from you.
    Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 07-26-2021, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Ha, great stuff, really good.

Leave a comment:

• Pounder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

NCAA Division I - Wikipedia

For college football only, D-I schools are further divided into the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and those institutions that do not have any football program. FBS teams have higher game attendance requirements and more players receiving athletic scholarships than FCS teams.

List of NCAA Division I FCS football programs | American Football Database | Fandom

FCS is considered DI by all parties save you, Tim. Using your "logic", are you going to say that Montana, Idaho, and Montana State do not play DI basketball? Butler, Georgetown, and Villanova don't play Di basketball?

Quit being such a tool and playing some "they told me so!" game.
    I'm not playing any game I don't believe FCS football is FBS football they're not eligible for the FBS football playoffs which is division 1, the other tier of division 1 is the group of five. FCS is not mentioned in the group of five or Power 5 of division 1 football.

I didn't know they were granted access into the same division as power 5 and group of five, but maybe they have and I just haven't seen it.

* Also, the D1 basketball comparison doesn't hold water because those schools you mentioned plus the Big Sky schools have access to the national championship of division 1. Last time I checked North Dakota State, the Big Sky etc., didn't have access to power five and group of five playoffs.

** When I covered Washington State University athletics, the women's volleyball team one year won the equivalent of an NIT in volleyball. Upon returning to campus, the coach said that it's the first time a WSU women's program has won a national title. Even administrators at Washington State were cringing at her words because it wasn't a national title. The coach continued to play that card until she was corrected and changed her tune saying it's the first time at WSU women's program won a national trophy, which also wasn't true but that's what she was getting at and she was trying to boost her recruiting. I find it disappointing that the language that people use doesn't matter all for the sake of the everyone gets a trophy culture going on in sports these days. Everyone belongs whether it's Southern Utah University or the University of Alabama, they're considered equivalents in football by some. But they are not, they are in different divisions. That's what I'm getting at, and I'm puzzled as to why this is so confusing to people.
    Last edited by tsull; 07-26-2021, 12:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied

FCS is not D1, there's not an FBS coach in America who considers it D1. FCS coaches and people always say they're D1, they're not, they're 65-scholarship FCS, nothing wrong with that, but they're not D1 football, never have been, never will be.
    NCAA Division I - Wikipedia

For college football only, D-I schools are further divided into the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and those institutions that do not have any football program. FBS teams have higher game attendance requirements and more players receiving athletic scholarships than FCS teams.

List of NCAA Division I FCS football programs | American Football Database | Fandom

FCS is considered DI by all parties save you, Tim. Using your "logic", are you going to say that Montana, Idaho, and Montana State do not play DI basketball? Butler, Georgetown, and Villanova don't play Di basketball?

Quit being such a tool and playing some "they told me so!" game.
    Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 07-25-2021, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X