Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hogs V Lions

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    You won because of TWO missed PATs. Plain and simple.

BUT.....the HEART of those Lion players is what showed. They did not give up. Commendable.
    Yup. 2 screwups by Kville let us win. We sucked and we got lucky. My head exploded a few minutes ago, but I ill have more on this later in the week. KVille, Detmer is a good one. Im actually sorry yall lost this game, you were the more prepared and focused team.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
      TAMUC band is excellent and added so much to the atmosphere.

Kudos LSC on some good football!
      Might be the best band in DII.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
          This game doesn't remind me of a playoff game last year AT ALL.
          I was saying the same thing. Uncanny.

Comment

I agree, hence no crazy prediction from me this year. Im not sold on Wheeler, and the jailbreak defense I saw tonight from Powers is probably better suited to run heavy teams. We were exposed tonight. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              I agree, hence no crazy prediction from me this year. Im not sold on Wheeler, and the jailbreak defense I saw tonight from Powers is probably better suited to run heavy teams. We were exposed tonight. Plain and simple.
              The penalty yards Kingsville gave up were huge
              Last edited by UNA_Texan; 08-31-2018, 09:34 AM.
              Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
                The penalty yards Kingsville gave up were hugh
                There were a lot of bad calls on both sides. The ref set up Kville in the first qtr after a receiver was clearly 3 or 4 steps out of bounds, the side judge THREW HIS HAT ON THE GROUND, and yet they counted the 40 ys pass completion. I never buy in to the ref argument, the better team should just win.

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Now that I got that out of the way... GO HOGS!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Commerce ran out 4 new starters on the OL....2 fr, 2 so, and a returning SR. Also Wheeler's 1st start. No EJ thompson either. New defensive coordinator. If Kingsville has improved as much as im reading on here then we are in good shape and this is a really good win. That was a tough conference game to start a season with but as the game wore on we looked better and better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 08LionBacker View Post
                        If Kingsville has improved as much as im reading on here then we are in good shape and this is a really good win. That was a tough conference game to start a season with but as the game wore on we looked better and better.
                        I kept asking myself this question last night watching, "Has Kingsville improved this much or has Commerce stepped back this much?". Time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by 08LionBacker View Post
                          Commerce ran out 4 new starters on the OL....2 fr, 2 so, and a returning SR. Also Wheeler's 1st start. No EJ thompson either. New defensive coordinator. If Kingsville has improved as much as im reading on here then we are in good shape and this is a really good win. That was a tough conference game to start a season with but as the game wore on we looked better and better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          We have no Srs on the OL, 3 Jrs, only one of which played last night, and the rest Sophs and Fr. They will get better. I said last night that when our OL gets a little more experience we will be a much better team. I'm not sure if the Lion rush defense is as good as what we were told or we still need a lot of help on our running game, but we have the rest of the season to improve. Our new DC has made a big difference so far.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                            I kept asking myself this question last night watching, "Has Kingsville improved this much or has Commerce stepped back this much?". Time will tell...
                            Most Javs fans are hoping it's the improvement. I saw a number of things which suggest this might be the case. I think Coach Wilk made the comment pregame about the fact last year we came into camp not in shape and without any team chemistry. From what I saw last night, it's a total 180.

What '89 Hog posted above is telling about the youth on the O-line. They went up a very physical defensive front and did very well. Certainly there is still a ton of work to do in all areas, but we are on the right track! The conference is going to be pretty damn tough from top to almost bottom this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              I think you have to knock us on our heels early if you want to win. New defense system in Commerce, new QB. If you can knock us on our asses in the first quarter and instill some doubt it might be anyones game in the 4th quarter. If not, the -17.5 pays.
                              Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                              Agreed, catching us early is definitely making me nervous. Long term I think we will be extremely tough but it may take awhile because of changes defensively and at qb.
                              Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                              Guess what? It will be our first game too. I can talk about all the guys we have returning, but we were 4-7 last year and our 4 wins came against Simon Frazier, UTPB (only their 2nd year playing football), a very bad WT team and William Jewell (who we struggled to beat). Others have said if we "jump out early" we might make it a game, but Commerce has had the edge on "depth" over most of the LSC so thinking we can "outlast" a Commerce team in the 4th quarter will be a very tough task.
                              It was like a premonition.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X