Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midwestern vs Angelo

ASU's 10 personnel is too predictable regardless of RPO. And defenses in the LSC are designed to crush 10 personnel. In my opinion, they should run an 11 or 22 personnel Pro offense which uses PA a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      I just don't like ASU's offense.
      I agree

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        ASU's 10 personnel is too predictable regardless of RPO. And defenses in the LSC are designed to crush 10 personnel. In my opinion, they should run an 11 or 22 personnel Pro offense which uses PA a lot.
        That is why I hated seeing D Dallas get the OC spot. Just didn't think he had the experience.

Comment

Does TSU have the same caliber of offensive skill people that MSU has. I doubt it. Sure they are 3-0 but their opponents are 2-10 (WT has wins over OPHSU and WNM).

ASU defense was horrible last night but the offense did well. IMO we screwed away four possessions by putting Sullins in when Charlie was doing just fine. Sullins may be the better athlete with a stronger arm but the entire offense seems out of sync when he is in.

I guess we will find out Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by bleacher dweller View Post
            Does TSU have the same caliber of offensive skill people that MSU has. I doubt it. Sure they are 3-0 but their opponents are 2-10 (WT has wins over OPHSU and WNM).

ASU defense was horrible last night but the offense did well. IMO we screwed away four possessions by putting Sullins in when Charlie was doing just fine. Sullins may be the better athlete with a stronger arm but the entire offense seems out of sync when he is in.

Comment

I couldn't understand why they kept pulling him. He struggles 1 drive and they yank him. The guy came out first drive and punched MSU in the mouth. Angelo has the players to finsh 2nd or 3rd in the conference, I just don't feel they have the coaching to finish top 3.

I still want to find out why MSU went for 2 up by 4 scores. Idk if something was said at the half that struck a nerve with Maskill or what. Everyone in the stands were scratching their head, even more so when we called timeout before the try.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                I couldn't understand why they kept pulling him. He struggles 1 drive and they yank him. The guy came out first drive and punched MSU in the mouth. Angelo has the players to finsh 2nd or 3rd in the conference, I just don't feel they have the coaching to finish top 3.

I still want to find out why MSU went for 2 up by 4 scores. Idk if something was said at the half that struck a nerve with Maskill or what. Everyone in the stands were scratching their head, even more so when we called timeout before the try.
                Maskill is a great coach, but i also think he has some thin skin and a big ego, which he is entitled to, so he tends to pour it on when other coaches just throttle back and roll on to the next game.

Its the othet teams job to stop him, and i totally agree at this level, but i think sometimes his tendacy to get a little more can put his players at the risk of a cheap shot(not agreeing just saying they happen) when tempers flare and opposing players feel like they are being run up on.

As an opposing coach you have to plan for that, he is not going to just empty the bench and finish the game, he is going to try to score everytime.

ask the hoggie fans.

Vs Eastern one year he puts in his back up qb, its 1st down 4 seconds remain in the game. they are up huge 4 or 5 scores at least. ENMU punts, right before this and downed the ball at the 2 good job specials.

Anyway back up qb, starting RB, cant kneel, espesially from the gun so run dive up middle let clock run game over go home right? DC for eastern dials up call crashes
                d ends dt in a gaps etc. Maskill called zone read, back up qb runs untouched 98 yards for td.

Eastern's bad for not seeing it comming, but i think it also keeps Maskill from getting some of the recognition he deserves, kind of hard to gain the respect and recognition of your peers when you take every opprotunity to crap on them.

Its a mans game and i cringe to think of how bad this weeks game can be if the Hounds dont keep getting better. But after 10+ years of watching the guy i know what to expect. I dint hate him for it, its his nature, has to be a fun coach to play for if your on offense!
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

That is why I hated seeing D Dallas get the OC spot. Just didn't think he had the experience.
                  Nice guy, but I agree with you.

Comment

Maybe the powers that be
                    will FINALLY agree.
                    We shall see.

(I know corny rhyme)

Comment

Situational opportunity to practice 2 pt conversion in a live game. Nothing wrong with that.

I doubt it was anything personal or an attempt to "run up" the score. Lol. It was only one extra point.

Comment

Nice guy, but I agree with you.

Comment

Situational opportunity to practice 2 pt conversion in a live game. Nothing wrong with that.
                          I was scratching my head as well, listening to the radio. Then looked at the next 4 games, @Hounds, v Lions, @Hogs, Open, then vTexans. Historically some teams that give the Mustangs fits, even when they may be should not. So it could be something needed at some point in the next 7 weeks or beyond.

Comment

Maybe the powers that be
                            will FINALLY agree.
                            We shall see.

(I know corny rhyme)
                            Yes I think ASU has to beat Tarleton or Commerce and run the table against the rest to be completely safe. Which could make for an interesting season finale against commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                              Yes I think ASU has to beat Tarleton or Commerce and run the table against the rest to be completely safe. Which could make for an interesting season finale against commerce.
                              I think they have to beat BOTH.

Either ASU competes in football like other sports or it's time for a change. There should be no more "maybe next year" or "we ALMOST won" or "ifs".......TIRED of all that talk. WALK THE WALK TIME!

Comment

I think they have to beat BOTH.

Either ASU competes in football like other sports or it's time for a change. There should be no more "maybe next year" or "we ALMOST won" or "ifs".......TIRED of all that talk. WALK THE WALK TIME!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X