Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Region 4 Playoff Rankings

This is after 4 Games

This poll is using the statistics that the NCAA identifies: D2 %, SOS, D2 Road, D2 vs.500, In Region % then there are bonuses given for In region wins and penalties for losses. (This formula was fairly close to final from last year).:
    1.) MN Duluth
    2.) Colorado Mines
    3.) MN State
    4.) Midwestern State
    5.) Tarleton State
    6.) CSU - Pueblo
    7.) Central Washington
    8.) Colorado Mesa
    9.) Azusa Pacific
    10.) Sioux Falls
    11.) Chadron State
    12.) Dixie State
    13.) St Cloud
    14.) Bemidji State
    15.) Moorhead State
    16.) Angelo State
    17.) Texas A&M Commerce

Set of numbers based on In Region W%+SOS+Overall D2 W%+D2 Road %:

1.) MN Duluth - .879
    2.) Colorado Mines - .837
    3.) CSU - Pueblo - .825 - SOS is pushing Pueblo
    4.) MN State - .823
    5.) Midwestern State - .817
    6.) Azusa Pacific - .763
    7.) Tarleton State - .705
    8.) Dixie State - .689
    9.) Central Washington - .683
    10.) Chadron State - .665
    11.) Sioux Falls - .659
    12.) St Cloud - .652
    13.) Colorado Mesa - .641
    14.) Bemidji State - .641
    15.) Moorhead State - .641
    16.) Angelo State - .607
    17.) TX A&M Commerce -.594

Using Just Performance Index:
    1.) MN Duluth - 20.5
    2.) CSU - Pueblo - 19
    3.) Colorado Mines - 18.25
    4.) MN State - 18.25
    5.) Midwestern State - 17
    6.) Azusa Pacific - 16
    7.) Central Washington - 15.33
    8.) Dixie State - 14.75
    9.) Tarleton State - 14.67
    10.) Chadron State - 14.5

Re: Week 4 Region 4 Playoff Rankings

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    This is after 4 Games

This poll is using the statistics that the NCAA identifies: D2 %, SOS, D2 Road, D2 vs.500, In Region % then there are bonuses given for In region wins and penalties for losses. (This formula was fairly close to final from last year).:
    1.) MN Duluth
    2.) Colorado Mines
    3.) MN State
    4.) Midwestern State
    5.) Tarleton State
    6.) CSU - Pueblo
    7.) Central Washington
    8.) Colorado Mesa
    9.) Azusa Pacific
    10.) Sioux Falls
    11.) Chadron State
    12.) Dixie State
    13.) St Cloud
    14.) Bemidji State
    15.) Moorhead State
    16.) Angelo State
    17.) Texas A&M Commerce

Set of numbers based on In Region W%+SOS+Overall D2 W%+D2 Road %:

1.) MN Duluth - .879
    2.) Colorado Mines - .837
    3.) CSU - Pueblo - .825 - SOS is pushing Pueblo
    4.) MN State - .823
    5.) Midwestern State - .817
    6.) Azusa Pacific - .763
    7.) Tarleton State - .705
    8.) Dixie State - .689
    9.) Central Washington - .683
    10.) Chadron State - .665
    11.) Sioux Falls - .659
    12.) St Cloud - .652
    13.) Colorado Mesa - .641
    14.) Bemidji State - .641
    15.) Moorhead State - .641
    16.) Angelo State - .607
    17.) TX A&M Commerce -.594

Using Just Performance Index:
    1.) MN Duluth - 20.5
    2.) CSU - Pueblo - 19
    3.) Colorado Mines - 18.25
    4.) MN State - 18.25
    5.) Midwestern State - 17
    6.) Azusa Pacific - 16
    7.) Central Washington - 15.33
    8.) Dixie State - 14.75
    9.) Tarleton State - 14.67
    10.) Chadron State - 14.5
    Are you counting CWU's loss? It was an FCS one so just making sure it isn't counted as it wouldn't be counted by the NCAA and I notice you have a 1-loss APU above them in Win%+SOS. I know you've been pretty accurate in the past and just wanting to know how APU ended up 3 spots above CWU there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
      Are you counting CWU's loss? It was an FCS one so just making sure it isn't counted as it wouldn't be counted by the NCAA and I notice you have a 1-loss APU above them in Win%+SOS. I know you've been pretty accurate in the past and just wanting to know how APU ended up 3 spots above CWU there.
      Does North Alabama count as an FCS school in the calculations?
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
        Does North Alabama count as an FCS school in the calculations?
        That actually is a good question as they are in transition. That leads though to my question, shouldn't they both be tied instead? They've both beat the same teams in conference play with only each other left to play. How are they 3 spots above CWU and not tied? I know SFU's first win this year doesn't count, but saying that as I think they will pick up a GNAC win this year too.

Comment

That actually is a good question as they are in transition. That leads though to my question, shouldn't they both be tied instead? They've both beat the same teams in conference play with only each other left to play. How are they 3 spots above CWU and not tied? I know SFU's first win this year doesn't count, but saying that as I think they will pick up a GNAC win this year too.

Comment

As I said, for the first set W% is D2 W% as this is what is used by NCAA. For the second set, I use overall D2 W% and D2 In-Region W%.

I did not include North Alabama wins in losses as I am not 100% sure how they would be treated (Will no more when the first official ranking comes out). My assumption is the game does not count since they are transitioning to FCS now.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
              As I said, for the first set W% is D2 W% as this is what is used by NCAA. For the second set, I use overall D2 W% and D2 In-Region W%.

I did not include North Alabama wins in losses as I am not 100% sure how they would be treated (Will no more when the first official ranking comes out). My assumption is the game does not count since they are transitioning to FCS now.
              Thank you, I'm with you on not knowing for sure on UNA unlike last year where they were still D2. I know in the polls though that both games cost both teams despite playing up. It would be real interesting though as both CWU and APU play West Texas if they split their in conference games with each other to both end up with 1 loss in D-1, but their other non-conference game's then I know would play big in the regional rankings between the two.

I know you LSC fans know one thing, it is hard to schedule close OOC games to fill the schedule. EWU's announcers looked over CWU's schedule and were surprised at their amount of travel compared to EWU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X