Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Msu @ tamuk

Most of the students were none to happy with it, at least last years class... per my son.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
      Most of the students were none to happy with it, at least last years class... per my son.
      I like it. Hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
        M55, that is the new name for marketing brought on by the President. She said Midwestern State was confusing for a Texas School. It was put in place late last school year and in full force this year. Listened to my son and a few teammates talk about it last spring and during graduation.

I shut them off and listening to the 95.5 home radio feed.

Comment

The old Pueblo coach came and not showing much improvement from the Calloway days.
          Oh well: You all still have the best tailgating experience.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well, the good news for TAMUK is that if the game is hand by halftime or 3rd quarter, TSU HC tends to call off the dogs like in ASU & ENMU game so Javs can score in garbage time and at least not be completely embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Well, the good news for TAMUK is that if the game is hand by halftime or 3rd quarter, TSU HC tends to call off the dogs like in ASU & ENMU game so Javs can score in garbage time and at least not be completely embarrassed.

Comment

Comment

Sorry to say as Javelina fan, but this team is probably the second worse in recent times (going back to 2000). The worse being the team of a few years ago that got 84 points dumped on them by your Texans. I don't think you all will score that much on us this time. But a forty or more point margin is very much in the cards. We have a significant number of starters lost to injury and this is where our recruting has hurt us. The end result is a significant drop off since game one and very much looking at another four win season at the best (if we can beat UTPB and WNM) or a two win season at worse with one of those wins coming against almost high school like team from the NAIA ranks You will see it first hand when our undersized line on both sides of the ball go up against your conventional sized college line.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                        The worse being the team of a few years ago that got 84 points dumped on them by your Texans.

Comment

There is a difference between running it up to run it up and the points just happening.

Last week, much to our surprise, MSU did not run it up. At least IMO they didn't like in some past blowouts like one that occured a few years ago up there with passes to the end zone with less than 2 minutes to go.

It's still up to the defense to stop a team from scoring and I really don't blame coaches for keeping to their playbook on offense until at least four or five minutes left in the game. Or even trying to work on something they need work on so they can use it down the road against a much better opponent. The backups are your next men up and if they need to work on pass routes, blocking, etc. so be it. Likewise in that cleanup time, it might be the only chance all season some of those guys get meaningful playing time and they have been busting their butts off for months. So if they want to scrore, why should we blame them? On defense, if a guy intercepts a pass or linemen picks up a fumble and has nothing but green in front of him, why shouldn't he score? Those guys on that side of the ball rarely get a chance to score points and backups even get less of a chance to score.
                          Last edited by LSC Fan; 10-17-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Comment

NM

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                                There is a difference between running it up to run it up and the points just happening.

Last week, much to our surprise, MSU did not run it up. At least IMO they didn't like in some past blowouts like one that occured a few years ago up there with passes to the end zone with less than 2 minutes to go.

It's still up to the defense to stop a team from scoring and I really don't blame coaches for keeping to their playbook on offense until at least four or five minutes left in the game. Or even trying to work on something they need work on so they can use it down the road against a much better opponent. The backups are your next men up and if they need to work on pass routes, blocking, etc. so be it. Likewise in that cleanup time, it might be the only chance all season some of those guys get meaningful playing time and they have been busting their butts off for months. So if they want to scrore, why should we blame them? On defense, if a guy intercepts a pass or linemen picks up a fumble and has nothing but green in front of him, why shouldn't he score? Those guys on that side of the ball rarely get a chance to score points and backups even get less of a chance to score.
                                I assume your talking about TAMUK's last trip to MSU.

If not...

TAMUK vs TSU October 11, 2014

Score at the end of the 3rd qtr was 52 -14

14:27 left in 4th - 5 yd run (59 - 14)
                                8:34 left in 4th - 5 yd pass (66 - 14)
                                4:34 left in 4th - 12 yd run (73 - 14)
                                1:12 left in 4th - 26 yd run (80 - 14 final)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X