Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: LSC Basketball Tournament

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: LSC Basketball Tournament

    On the Lady's side the seeding has held up and I would think it would hold for one more round, then the fun starts.

    Seeding also held on the men's side. Looking forward to a good tournament.
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 03-04-2020, 01:29 PM.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

  • #2
    This week's regional rankings:
    Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    1 West Texas A&M 26-1 24-1
    2 St. Edward's 21-3 21-3
    3 Dixie State 22-6 21-6
    4 Black Hills State 18-8 18-8
    5 Colorado School of Mines 20-9 20-9
    6 Dallas Baptist University 17-8 17-8
    7 Texas A&M-Kingsville 19-8 19-6
    8 Angelo State 18-7 16-7
    9 Lubbock Christian 15-9 15-9
    10 Colorado Mesa 15-10 14-10

    Comment


    • #3
      SOUTH CENTRAL Womens
      Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
      1 Lubbock Christian 25-3 25-3
      2 West Texas A&M 25-5 24-3
      3 Texas A&M-Commerce 26-2 26-2
      4 Colorado Mesa 21-5 21-5
      5 Western Colorado University 18-6 18-6
      6 Westminster (Utah) 22-6 22-6
      7 Angelo State 15-9 15-9
      8 Tarleton State 19-7 18-7
      9 Eastern New Mexico 18-8 18-8
      10 St. Edward's 15-10 15-10
      Wow this is a shocker!

      Comment


      • #4
        I figured Commerce was a lock. Looks like the LSC tourney will determine who hosts

        Comment


        • #5
          That's ridiculous...apparently the last couple of weeks are more heavily weighted than the rest of the season.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            That's ridiculous...apparently the last couple of weeks are more heavily weighted than the rest of the season.
            I agree with the ridiculous part. Two late losses should not penalize the lady lions when the other two have three and five

            Comment


            • #7
              In terms of Regional Rankings, the committee is looking at In-Region record and SOS. With that being the case, SOS likely gave LCU and WTAMU a boost. In any of the 3 teams instances, I think it is that they control their own destiny. Win the Conference Tourney and Host the regional. I want us to Win the conference Tourney. There is a part of me that would prefer us not to host the Regional on the Women's side as that would have us hosting both Men's and Women's again, which was a complete fiasco last year IMHO with the way they split it up....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BuffAlum06 View Post
                In terms of Regional Rankings, the committee is looking at In-Region record and SOS. With that being the case, SOS likely gave LCU and WTAMU a boost. In any of the 3 teams instances, I think it is that they control their own destiny. Win the Conference Tourney and Host the regional. I want us to Win the conference Tourney. There is a part of me that would prefer us not to host the Regional on the Women's side as that would have us hosting both Men's and Women's again, which was a complete fiasco last year IMHO with the way they split it up....
                Maybe, but the fact that LCU has one more loss than Commerce, and were BEAT by Commerce, and WT has 3 more losses than Commerce is what makes it ridiculous. And it is ridiculous.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

                  Maybe, but the fact that LCU has one more loss than Commerce, and were BEAT by Commerce, and WT has 3 more losses than Commerce is what makes it ridiculous. And it is ridiculous.
                  I'm not arguing with your stance, and can understand your frustration. However, you have to look at the facts as well. Any game that is not IN REGION might as well be thrown out because it is not being considered. So that puts WT and LCU as both having only one more loss. Unfortunately for you, Record is not the only criteria for Regional Rankings. Strength of schedule is something that the conference didn't do you any favors by. If we are all honest, would you have beat LCU in their house, would you have beat WT at home. Long story short, the formula for hosting the regional should be simple...Win the tourney and you'll get the regional.


                  In Region Win %age X Opp Win %age = Ranking Criteria

                  LCU - .893 .517 .462
                  WTAMU - .889 .508 .451
                  TAMUC - .929 .465 .432
                  Last edited by BuffAlum06; 03-05-2020, 04:33 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Seinfeld View Post
                    SOUTH CENTRAL Womens
                    Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
                    1 Lubbock Christian 25-3 25-3
                    2 West Texas A&M 25-5 24-3
                    3 Texas A&M-Commerce 26-2 26-2
                    4 Colorado Mesa 21-5 21-5
                    5 Western Colorado University 18-6 18-6
                    6 Westminster (Utah) 22-6 22-6
                    7 Angelo State 15-9 15-9
                    8 Tarleton State 19-7 18-7
                    9 Eastern New Mexico 18-8 18-8
                    10 St. Edward's 15-10 15-10
                    Wow this is a shocker!
                    Looks like to me whoever wins the LSC Tournament will host the regional - maybe
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      LCU men down 25 with 10 minutes left in the game, came back and tied it in regulation. ASU hit a 3 with 3 seconds left in OT to send it into 2nd OT. Way past my bed time.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                        LCU men down 25 with 10 minutes left in the game, came back and tied it in regulation. ASU hit a 3 with 3 seconds left in OT to send it into 2nd OT. Way past my bed time.
                        ASU wins 97 - 92
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Anyone know what has happened to John Brown?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Was thinking the same thing. Was expecting him to be a big presence in the LSC tourney and playoffs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks like women's regional will be in Lubbock. LCU 34-20 at half.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X