Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, it could be. They have only ran a third of the tests we have. But only .8% of their population is over 80. They have very COVID-19 death rates.

Some are suggesting that Indians may have protective characteristics against Covid-19.

"Researchers have proposed that the low share of elderly in the population, the high temperatures and humidity in India, widespread BCG vaccination for tuberculosis, or resistance to malaria have helped India escape the brunt of the pandemic."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

And could it be that the USA does not have the testing capability so they don't know how many died outside a hospital undiagnosed with COVID-19?
      Absolutely.

It is estimated that for every 1 person tested positive for COVID-19 there are 10 asymptomatic COVID-19 infected individuals walking around.

Comment

I find it irresponsible to make these assumptions without hard evidence. 2 or 3 scientists giving a hypothesis is NOT hard evidence. Especially since multiple, respected labs have stated the opposite....see this article:

https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...de-in-lab.html

Lets see where the investigations lead us. I won't discount anything until investigations are completed and evidence presented.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Some are suggesting that Indians may have protective characteristics against Covid-19.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	indian with feather.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	502259

Comment

There's a Pocahontas joke on the tip of my tongue....trying...really...hard......not to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I find it irresponsible to make these assumptions without hard evidence. 2 or 3 scientists giving a hypothesis is NOT hard evidence. Especially since multiple, respected labs have stated the opposite....see this article:

https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...de-in-lab.html

Lets see where the investigations lead us. I won't discount anything until investigations are completed and evidence presented.
              I don't think we will ever know the real truth because we are dealing with a Communist country trying to save face. A repressive regime that violates any and all human rights. I wonder how many have died in Chinese prisons for speaking out against them?

Comment

New research out of Stanford is indicating the virus may have already infected FAR more people than assumed (between 20-85 TIMES more people) and estimate the death rate may be as low as 1/1000 or 0.1% - and upwards of 90% of those deaths are among elderly or people who were seriously ill before contracting it . Hopefully more data will soon shine more light. If this is indeed the case, then restrictions need to be lifted except for those at greatest risk.

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and say I think we play this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I don't think we will ever know the real truth because we are dealing with a Communist country trying to save face. A repressive regime that violates any and all human rights. I wonder how many have died in Chinese prisons for speaking out against them?
                    China is as Communist as we are Democratic. Not much.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                      With or without fans in the stands
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                        New research out of Stanford is indicating the virus may have already infected FAR more people than assumed (between 20-85 TIMES more people) and estimate the death rate may be as low as 1/1000 or 0.1% - and upwards of 90% of those deaths are among elderly or people who were seriously ill before contracting it . Hopefully more data will soon shine more light. If this is indeed the case, then restrictions need to be lifted except for those at greatest risk.
                        And how many of those additional cases (20-85 TIMES more people) died from the virus? Did the research discuss this or did they just ignore it? Stanford is a first-class research institution, so I hardly think they would have ignored it, but maybe they did.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

And how many of those additional cases (20-85 TIMES more people) died from the virus? Did the research discuss this or did they just ignore it? Stanford is a first-class research institution, so I hardly think they would have ignored it, but maybe they did.
                            none of them died. They had such mild symptoms they never even sought treatment.

Comment

Now USC study is out with similar results to the Stanford study, that probably millions of people have already had and recovered from the Covid19 virus. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ting-la-county

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

none of them died. They had such mild symptoms they never even sought treatment.
                                l hope they are right!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X