Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I do believe you might be educated! THANK GOD!

Great post.
    I just get tired of the tinfoil hat folk and their conspiracy theories.

No, vaccines aren't a form of government control. No, we are not handing our rights over by wearing masks. What we are doing is trying to inhibit this disease.

The ones who don't believe in the disease also aren't the ones working the front lines, but they're the first to tell you what their favorite "alternative media" YouTuber said about the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I just get tired of the tinfoil hat folk and their conspiracy theories.

No, vaccines aren't a form of government control. No, we are not handing our rights over by wearing masks. What we are doing is trying to inhibit this disease.

The ones who don't believe in the disease also aren't the ones working the front lines, but they're the first to tell you what their favorite "alternative media" YouTuber said about the situation.
      AMEN Brother!

Unfortunately, the "Left" and "Right" have politicized COVID-19 in their BATTLE for POWER. I am apolitical. I REFUSE to allow a political party to control me, my thoughts, or my beliefs. I am MY OWN MAN. An independent voter. Since taking my Oaths of Enlistment, I have been apolitical and I respect and serve the President of the United States, REGARDLESS of party or whether I voted for them or not.

Comment

AMEN Brother!

Unfortunately, the "Left" and "Right" have politicized COVID-19 in their BATTLE for POWER. I am apolitical. I REFUSE to allow a political party to control me, my thoughts, or my beliefs. I am MY OWN MAN. An independent voter. Since taking my Oaths of Enlistment, I have been apolitical and I respect and serve the President of the United States, REGARDLESS of party or whether I voted for them or not.
        I'm probably a centrist, but I don't belong to either party. I've voted both Democrat and Republican.

We've let our political beliefs define us as people. I want to enjoy life, and not be wrapped up in who said what or who believes another. I don't care. What drives me bonkers are the far-right and far-left conspiracy nuts that think "they" are going to overthrow the government and replace it with tyranny. Almost every conversation I have on a daily basis with any given person has some kind of political slant to it. I just want to talk about how the Browns did last week, and not what Hillary Clinton did to sabotage their season. I'm not even a Browns fan.

Comment

I'm probably a centrist, but I don't belong to either party. I've voted both Democrat and Republican.

We've let our political beliefs define us as people. I want to enjoy life, and not be wrapped up in who said what or who believes another. I don't care. What drives me bonkers are the far-right and far-left conspiracy nuts that think "they" are going to overthrow the government and replace it with tyranny. Almost every conversation I have on a daily basis with any given person has some kind of political slant to it. I just want to talk about how the Browns did last week, and not what Hillary Clinton did to sabotage their season. I'm not even a Browns fan.
          AGREE 100%.

Comment

A lot of folks wore masks at the George Floyd protests. Not so much at the Haircut ones. They did bring guns though - I can't imagine being that fragile but to each their own I guess.
            Your Smoking Crack after the George Floyd Rallies or protests Houston COVID cases have spiked considerably. Brazoria County where they held his multiple funerals and brought in folks from all over the country has seen numbers soar as well. Just because you agree or disagree with the gathering makes no difference to a disease. It could care less what your ideology is.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Your Smoking Crack after the George Floyd Rallies or protests Houston COVID cases have spiked considerably. Brazoria County where they held his multiple funerals and brought in folks from all over the country has seen numbers soar as well. Just because you agree or disagree with the gathering makes no difference to a disease. It could care less what your ideology is.
              I'm not a narcotics enthusiast.

The cases never spiked in Minnesota after the protests. I don't know where Brazoria County is, but I feel for them. Both of our examples are anecdotal, but seeing as how the bulk of the protesting ended over a month ago and we're just now seeing spikes in cases, I don't think the protests had as much of an effect as you think they do.

Comment

I'm not a narcotics enthusiast.

The cases never spiked in Minnesota after the protests. I don't know where Brazoria County is, but I feel for them. Both of our examples are anecdotal, but seeing as how the bulk of the protesting ended over a month ago and we're just now seeing spikes in cases, I don't think the protests had as much of an effect as you think they do.
                Wrong again! You should join the media. Turn a blind eye to what you agree with and point out what you disagree with.

Houston Harris County aka medical capital of the world has research Doctors that have repeatedly said this virus can live inside a host for up to 4 weeks.

Fact: Large crowd gatherings for whatever reason or cause spread this disease. Period

Comment

Wrong again! You should join the media. Turn a blind eye to what you agree with and point out what you disagree with.

Houston Harris County aka medical capital of the world has research Doctors that have repeatedly said this virus can live inside a host for up to 4 weeks.

Fact: Large crowd gatherings for whatever reason or cause spread this disease. Period
                  You didn't dispute my claim of there not being a spike in Minnesota. Also, appeal to authority doesn't exactly work around here. Care to provide a source?

I should join the media. I'd make more money and I'd get to scare people.

Comment

You didn't dispute my claim of there not being a spike in Minnesota. Also, appeal to authority doesn't exactly work around here. Care to provide a source?

I should join the media. I'd make more money and I'd get to scare people.
                    Today MN reported the highest number of new Covid cases in over a month. https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...2-ba08dc7cd2d7

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Today MN reported the highest number of new Covid cases in over a month. https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...2-ba08dc7cd2d7
                      It usually takes a couple of days for them to comb through all the info, but I'm betting that we've also been testing more people. No doubt we're on a minor upswing, but I don't think the protests have anything to do with it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Techster88;n518345]

Your Smoking Crack after the George Floyd Rallies or protests Houston COVID cases have spiked considerably. Brazoria County where they held his multiple funerals and brought in folks from all over the country has seen numbers soar as well. Just because you agree or disagree with the gathering makes no difference to a disease. It could care less what your ideology is.[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

B-I-N-G-O

4 weeks ago "this disease only attacked old people". Believe me, I know as I had MANY debates about this and was basically told I had not clue. Well, guess what, now the hardest hit are under 30. Are they dropping dead like 80 year-olds? Absolutely not. BUT, 1 in 6 are having complications. Some life long and life changing complications. From damaged organs to paralysis. Many are getting cytokine storm, which causes damage to organs including the heart and lungs. It kills tissue!! We are seeing a spike in strokes and damage to the brain as well. NOT in 80 year olds....in COLLEGE age kids! Many teens and children are being hospitalized with MIS-O and some babies with PMIS. Because of the DOZENS of complication illnesses CAUSED by COVID-19, many hospitalizations are not coded as COVID-19. They are coded in accordance to the patients immediate illness. There are so many deaths that are not reported as COVID-19 related until after the final autopsy report is released (which could take months).....and that's IF an autopsy is performed.

Any way......I don't want to get started on this thread also. There is just SO MUCH the public does not know. What is frustrating is everyone involved in fighting this war KNOWS what is going on and what is coming in the future, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to make people understand because you can not thoroughly educate people to understand. There are years and years and years of education needed and you can't teach that to the general public. Millions and millions of people get it and understand, but unfortunately the vast majority do not.

Just go with what YOU believe and do what YOU feel is best for YOU and YOUR FAMILY.

Stay healthy, stay safe, stay well.

Have a GREAT day.

Comment

My friend, viruses living inside a host is completely different from the incubation period. The incubation period for all corona-viruses is 2-14 days (1 in 100 can be after 14 days). You are most contagious in the 24-48 hours prior to symptoms. Therefore, you don't have SARS and get sick after 4 weeks. Like I said it's between day 2-14 with day 5 as the median onset of symptoms.

UGH....Again, I respond to misinformation.

Sorry, I just need to stay off this topic!

Comment

It usually takes a couple of days for them to comb through all the info, but I'm betting that we've also been testing more people. No doubt we're on a minor upswing, but I don't think the protests have anything to do with it.
                            I disagree. They absolutely contributed. ANY large crowd....be it protest, presidential rally, sporting event, concert, etc. ALL contribute to a rise in cases. Heck, not wearing a mask in a store contributes.

DANG.....here I go AGAIN!!!! It is so hard to not respond. LOL.

Comment

I disagree. They absolutely contributed. ANY large crowd....be it protest, presidential rally, sporting event, concert, etc. ALL contribute to a rise in cases. Heck, not wearing a mask in a store contributes.

DANG.....here I go AGAIN!!!! It is so hard to not respond. LOL.
                              My original point was that the masks were being worn at some protests and not others, and that helped curb the spread of the disease.

I don't disagree that it spread somewhat, but the extent of which - at least here where the heaviest Floyd protests happened, is up for debate.

Comment

My original point was that the masks were being worn at some protests and not others, and that helped curb the spread of the disease.

I don't disagree that it spread somewhat, but the extent of which - at least here where the heaviest Floyd protests happened, is up for debate.
                                I have zero first hand knowledge of what happened there or what is happening there, so, I can not really give an educated response.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X