X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by catatonic View Post

So is the whole merger with Kingsville idea dead?
    If it's still alive, then it's really being discussed under the radar in a very stealth like fashion.

What I do see sadly is a lack initiative from our current administration in the advocacy of the school in front of the A&M BOR if budget requests or submission of studies, master plans, etc are a good indicator for advocacy.

Leave a comment:

• texcap
    replied
    Angelo State is up and down, depending on how you look at it, or want to "spin" it.

Overall enrollment is up 189 students to 10,775, but the increase is due to an increase in dual credit students who are not actually on the ASU campus. Total "native" enrollment is actually down (210) from 7,562 to 7,352.

ASU's Hispanic rate keeps climbing and is up 5% from 41% last year to 46% this year. I expect this is a trend at almost all Texas schools and will only continue since this is the fastest growing demographic in the younger population.

Even more important though is that ASU's retention rate has really improved from 62% five years ago to 72% this year.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Last I heard Commerce enrollment is up marginally.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Broad statemernt. I don't care either way.
    Last edited by catatonic; 09-15-2020, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

so everyone's enrollment is up?
    Broad statemernt. I don't care either way.

Leave a comment:

• Herb Street
    replied

Nope.....ONLINE enrollment is at an all time high everywhere, making overall enrollments look great.
    so everyone's enrollment is up?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by LionFan View Post

No he doesn't play
    Oh.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

What I mean is it isnt on the island with the main campus. The Thomas Henry tennis center is still up ennis joslin a ways. I visited last spring to watch the southland tennis championships and loved the facility. Beats driving across town to play at the HEB tennis center. I was amazed how they have built multi floor parking garages since I went to school there. That would have been useful for me to dodge those downpours coming out of class.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    What I mean is it isnt on the island with the main campus. The Thomas Henry tennis center is still up ennis joslin a ways. I visited last spring to watch the southland tennis championships and loved the facility. Beats driving across town to play at the HEB tennis center. I was amazed how they have built multi floor parking garages since I went to school there. That would have been useful for me to dodge those downpours coming out of class.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied

Yeah I think its a matter of time before my Islanders will have to add football or move to the WAC. Problem is there isn't very many places to build a football stadium close to the campus. They already play basketball and tennis away from campus.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

Yeah I think its a matter of time before my Islanders will have to add football or move to the WAC. Problem is there isn't very many places to build a football stadium close to the campus. They already play basketball and tennis away from campus.
    So is the whole merger with Kingsville idea dead?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied

You son plays football at OSU?
    No he doesn't play

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I figured most colleges would be down this fall. Reports from other LSC schools?
    Nope.....ONLINE enrollment is at an all time high everywhere, making overall enrollments look great.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Chuba Hubbard.

Ive got a freshman at OSU that is fairly involved with the athletics there. They couldn't care less about UCO.
    You son plays football at OSU?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X