Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he was very mobile, he's a good athlete. He's just undersized and his passing needs work. I know they made some comments there was a QB competition, but from the outside looking in I think that was just being loyal to the guy who was already there, Miklo was light years better. I think he'd be an ok wr but doesn't seem to have any interest in playing wr.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      I think the hometown kid Gunnar Palacios is likely to give Gerber a run for his money. He was at Commerce the last couple of years and probably had a shot to play until Smalls came along
      LionFan would know more about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        BEST THREAD of the DECADE!!! HAHAHA.

Here is the right Caleb's highlights:
        https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2683757...760713808b3406

Good athlete. A lefty?? Not many colleges and no NFL team wants a lefty. But this young man has athletic ability. Needs lots of work on mechanics. Seems accurate and a for sure baller. Can fix the "Happy Feet". Solid D3 QB. Could be coached up to a good D2 for sure. But the lefty thing, I personally don"t like.
        Plus Gerber started all games last year. If he has improved he'll start. He doesn't throw it up for grabs. Won't lose you a game but will help you win you a few.

Comment

BEST THREAD of the DECADE!!! HAHAHA.

Here is the right Caleb's highlights:
          https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2683757...760713808b3406

Good athlete. A lefty?? Not many colleges and no NFL team wants a lefty. But this young man has athletic ability. Needs lots of work on mechanics. Seems accurate and a for sure baller. Can fix the "Happy Feet". Solid D3 QB. Could be coached up to a good D2 for sure. But the lefty thing, I personally don"t like.
          Didn't stop the Miami Dolphins from using a 1st round draft pick on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What do you dislike about them?
            I didn't say I dislike the player. I said I dislike lefties when it comes to QB's.

If you are asking why I think he needs lots of work on his mechanics.....where to start? So much of his mechanics are off. (1) FULL release and complete follow through; (2) His carriage is off; (3) He is improperly tilting his shoulder; (4) Needs to work on Hip rotation on throws; (5) Quick steps and setting; (6) Getting rid of that Happy Feet bouncing and planting; (7) He loops his loading position; (8) He pushes his arm through his release. ETC..... There are dozens of things,,,,,I could give a multiple page analysis of what work needs to be done.

However, as stated in my initial thoughts. He is a GOOD ATHLETE....with many positives. He could become a very good DII QB. Just needs to work on somethings. He has a gun, good accuracy, can run, and make plays outside the pocket. Definitely a GOOD ATHLETE! Overall, a good signing for WT.

But once again, I DO NOT LIKE LEFTY QBs....never have. I mean Steve Young, Michael Vick, Boomer Esiason; Kellen Moore, Tibow, Tua.......there have been some good ones of course. There are always the exceptions but you just do not see many lefties playing QB in college or NFL. It is very hard on OC's to adapt their systems to fit the lefty. Even receivers have to adjust and learn how to catch a lefty. Then if you don't have a lefty back-up, you have to make adjustments all around if you bring in a righty. It can be a nightmare. Unfortunately, too many coaches and OC's don't understand the proper schematic changes that need to be made to accommodate a lefty.

Any way......I am sure that is more than you wanted to know. 707

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Didn't stop the Miami Dolphins from using a 1st round draft pick on one.
              ALWAYS the exception to the rule. And you do like bring up the EXCEPTIONS often. hahaha

I bet you can barely find 25 lefty QBs in ALL of football history....and barely a handful that were greats. Stabler, Young, Vick....we will see with Tua.

BUT, lets again point to the EXCEPTIONS.

Here is a HINT.....for every argument made, an exception can be found! Whaaaaaat??? LMAO 7070707

Comment

I'm surprised no one has anything to add about WT retaining 35 of 59 LOI signed incoming freshmen. For years many on here, me included, have talked about building teams the NW Missouri or Colo Pueblo way: a solid foundation of 5 year redshirts. It looks like Hughes is doing it.

I did the numbers on WT. It would be interesting to see comparative numbers from followers of the other LSC programs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  I'm surprised no one has anything to add about WT retaining 35 of 59 LOI signed incoming freshmen. For years many on here, me included, have talked about building teams the NW Missouri or Colo Pueblo way: a solid foundation of 5 year redshirts. It looks like Hughes is doing it.

I did the numbers on WT. It would be interesting to see comparative numbers from followers of the other LSC programs.
                  It's a good start but as of now they've not performed so there's not much to say about it. No one cared about the teams mentioned and how they built teams until they had results. Is guess that's why no one said much. Also, football doesn't really matter for another year or so, I don't think many are too excited about the fake seasons that we will get in the fall or spring.

Comment

Hey Chip.....

I think the # of retainees is great, but I am not sure the percentage is much different than normal.

Angelo or TAMUC signs 25 guys, 14 will be there next year. According to stats.....only 33% leave or quit football. According to NCAA 88% of incomiing freshman athletes graduate.

As far as WT football. You guys FIUD hit a rough patch and lost many players, be it their choice or coaches choice.

But having 35 RETURNING freshman is CRAZY!!!! Great foundation.

I can see WT certainly being a top 4 team and competing in the national picture soon!!

Happy days ahead my friend!!

Comment

If you are asking why I think he needs lots of work on his mechanics.....where to start? So much of his mechanics are off. (1) FULL release and complete follow through; (2) His carriage is off; (3) He is improperly tilting his shoulder; (4) Needs to work on Hip rotation on throws; (5) Quick steps and setting; (6) Getting rid of that Happy Feet bouncing and planting; (7) He loops his loading position; (8) He pushes his arm through his release. ETC..... There are dozens of things,,,,,I could give a multiple page analysis of what work needs to be done.
                      No that's what I wanted. I coach baseball so I really understand throwing mechanics. I wanted to know what you thought. I also "prefer" right handed quarterbacks. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

It's a good start but as of now they've not performed so there's not much to say about it. No one cared about the teams mentioned and how they built teams until they had results. Is guess that's why no one said much. Also, football doesn't really matter for another year or so, I don't think many are too excited about the fake seasons that we will get in the fall or spring.
                        Not many will perform. Only kids that are likely future AA or even AC will play early and often. But that type of retention could eventually lead to the type of depth and culture a team needs.

*edit*

On good programs. Bad programs often have freshmen that play a lot.

Comment

Tamc has 35 rs-freshman on the roster

Comment

Hey Chip.....

I think the # of retainees is great, but I am not sure the percentage is much different than normal.

Angelo or TAMUC signs 25 guys, 14 will be there next year. According to stats.....only 33% leave or quit football. According to NCAA 88% of incomiing freshman athletes graduate.

As far as WT football. You guys FIUD hit a rough patch and lost many players, be it their choice or coaches choice.

But having 35 RETURNING freshman is CRAZY!!!! Great foundation.

I can see WT certainly being a top 4 team and competing in the national picture soon!!

Happy days ahead my friend!!
                            I can remember, back in the "good ole" Carthel days, counting single digit returning freshmen from a freshmen recruiting class of 70 plus. Then they'd go out and bring in 10-15 juco kids every year. It worked for Don and Colby to a certain extent. Unfortunately, they did not got the program level to a final 4 team..

EDIT: Had Don and Colby stayed......they were on the verge of knocking on the Final Four door!
                            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-28-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Tamc has 35 rs-freshman on the roster
                              Good numbers!

What about Kingsville? ASU? MSU? ENMU? UTPB? WNMU?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Not many will perform. Only kids that are likely future AA or even AC will play early and often. But that type of retention could eventually lead to the type of depth and culture a team needs.

*edit*

On good programs. Bad programs often have freshmen that play a lot.
                                I should've clarified that they've not preformed yet as they're still young. Retaining kids is great, having those kids produce in games is when people will notice. They've not yet had a chance to do so at this point and won't for another year it seems.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X