X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTAMU & LGBT Community Engaging

WTAMU is embracing the LGBT community.

https://www.hppr.org/post/live-out-l...l-wtamu-sunday

Also, female enrollment is over 5k, with male enrollment a little over 3k.

Another note.....Hispanic & Asian enrollment is growing rapidly.

WTAMU is not the same University it was in the 70's. It is now quickly becoming a very diversified institution.

Re: WTAMU & LGBT Community Engaging

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    WTAMU is embracing the LGBT community.

https://www.hppr.org/post/live-out-l...l-wtamu-sunday

Also, female enrollment is over 5k, with male enrollment a little over 3k.

Another note.....Hispanic & Asian enrollment is growing rapidly.

WTAMU is not the same University it was in the 70's. It is now quickly becoming a very diversified institution.

Yes the new Ag Complex was built on Brokeback Hill.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myh...amu/1766451290
      You probably referring to this article. For demographic change

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myh...amu/1766451290
        You probably referring to this article. For demographic change
        I wasn't....but good article.

My niece is in grad school at WT and she was telling me about how the university is changing. Just in the 5 years she has been attending she has noticed big changes.

Comment

Diversity is never a bad thing. It encourages a wide array of thinking and problem solving. I also am glad to see that WT allows all view points to be discussed, presented, and debated. While I may not agree with all of them, the purpose of a University is to encourage free thought and to debate those ideas. To often we see Universities today only push their agenda of ideas while trying to silence others. I am glad my University is not currently part of that line of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
            Diversity is never a bad thing. It encourages a wide array of thinking and problem solving. I also am glad to see that WT allows all view points to be discussed, presented, and debated. While I may not agree with all of them, the purpose of a University is to encourage free thought and to debate those ideas. To often we see Universities today only push their agenda of ideas while trying to silence others. I am glad my University is not currently part of that line of thinking.
            As a graduate of WT I am glad to see such diversity. WT once again is a leader.

Comment

Comment

Many years ago, a friend of mine who had been on the WT Board of Regents when we went into the A&M System, told me that A&M's main interest in WT was to increase the system's overall minority enrollment. He said that they were looking for WT to draw more Hispanics because of the Hispanic population in this part of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                  Great post!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X