X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Why would you schedule games if you don't think your team will be prepared? If you're confident enough to schedule games you damn well better be ready to show up and play.
    I agree with you 100%. Just saying a coach is probably not in any danger of losing his job when there are no official conference or national championships to play for.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Not for D2 sports because they weren't planning on having a fall season so all this is exhibition. D1 and pro sports absolutely!! Tom Herman's seat at Texas was going to get blistering hot if they didn't pull that Tech game out of their arse. Cowboys DC should be feeling some heat early on too.
    Why would you schedule games if you don't think your team will be prepared? If you're confident enough to schedule games you damn well better be ready to show up and play.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    All excuses, in my opinion. If you are a coach and field a team and lose, you ARE accountable. Sorry, I don't buy into all the other cr@p.

I have seen small military units, outmanned and outgunned, win battles with pure determination and great leadership.

I too have seen football teams that were "inferior" and playing "up" win because of the same factors.

So, NO, I do not buy into NOT ACCOUNTABLE.

And as far as an "exibition". Oh H3LL no!!! An exibition is Roy Jones, Jr vs Mike Tyson......THESE are football GAMES....played to be WON, and NOTHING LESS.

All this non-accountable BS is a product of the "everyone is a winner" society/mentality. Unacceptable in my book.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Not for D2 sports because they weren't planning on having a fall season so all this is exhibition. D1 and pro sports absolutely!! Tom Herman's seat at Texas was going to get blistering hot if they didn't pull that Tech game out of their arse. Cowboys DC should be feeling some heat early on too.
    FCS (aka D1AA)is exhibition, too.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    If they are competing, H3LL YES!!

I don't care if their team only plays one game, or who they are playing.....they are SUPPOSED to WIN and if they don't, they ARE accountable. Who else is supposed to be held accountable?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    If they are competing, H3LL YES!!

I don't care if their team only plays one game, or who they are playing.....they are SUPPOSED to WIN and if they don't, they ARE accountable. Who else is supposed to be held accountable?

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    started a topic What will 2020 really mean??

What will 2020 really mean??

Do you hold you HC accountable for W-L record this year?? Should you??

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X