Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buff Stadium ticket prices

Has anyone heard what the ticket prices will be? From a good source he had to double his Buff Club donation and still the tickets were well above DII level tickets.Also concession prices will be high. Well, WT Officials will come to their senses when WT plays WNM in the last of Oct with the high in the lower 40's and wind is 25-35 mph and Tech is on tv.

Re: Buff Stadium ticket prices

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
    Has anyone heard what the ticket prices will be? From a good source he had to double his Buff Club donation and still the tickets were well above DII level tickets.Also concession prices will be high. Well, WT Officials will come to their senses when WT plays WNM in the last of Oct with the high in the lower 40's and wind is 25-35 mph and Tech is on tv.
    I was told today, that chair back season ticket prices will be between $100 and $150 per seat depending on the location. 6 games this year. That breaks down to between $16.67 and $25 per game for a chair back. General admission will be $10. I don't know for sure, but I imagine kids under a certain age will be $5 general admission.

Club level seating above the private suite area and below the press box area (where the Buffalo Club windows on the field can be seen), with access to the huge Buffalo Club hospitality suite has several levels (with food included - was told the budget for Buffalo Club food will be @ $30 per seat per game and will be first class - booze costs extra). I know there are at least three levels of Club seating. There may be a couple more levels that are less expensive. The three levels I know about require a one-time per seat capital contribution. Those three levels require one-time capital contributions of $425, $525, or $600 per seat. Add to that the same price for the per seat season ticket. 50 yard line section is the $600 per seat level. The two sections adjacent to the 50 yard line area (35-45 yard line) are $525 per seat. The next section over(25-35 yard line) is the $425 per seat level. Club seating gets you great preferred parking. And a designated entrance behind the press box with elevators that take you right up to the club level. And the restaurant quality food. And access to booze. Club seating is not inexpensive, but it will be a premium fan game experience, unlike anything else in D2.

The one-time capital contribution per seat can be paid out over 3 years. A certain level of Buffalo Club membership is also required. I hope that helps.

Remember one thing: there won't be a bad seat in the stadium! Whether it's general admission, regular chair backs, club seating, or a private suite, you'll be close to the field. On top of the action. Go Buffs!
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-10-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

We'll have two see how the ticket price plays out. The old days of giving away chair backs seats for $15 are gone. The pressure to produce a winner has never been higher! I had to dig deep for four 45 yard club seats. I'll be pissed if we don't win. So will a lot of people that are going to dig deep as well. The program is rolling the dice on this pricing plan, IMO. Will it be a 7 or come up snake eyes?

Comment

Chip, thanks for the update. my source runs a business and will propably expense it off

Comment

Chip, thanks for the update. my source runs a business and will propably expense it off

Me, too. Still, it's my money one way or the other. The new stadium club seat pricing plan would be an easier sale if the Buffs were coming off an 11-2 LSC co-championship season with a playoff win.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-10-2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            I was told today, that chair back season ticket prices will be between $100 and $150 per seat depending on the location. 6 games this year. That breaks down to between $16.67 and $25 per game for a chair back. General admission will be $10. I don't know for sure, but I imagine kids under a certain age will be $5 general admission.
            These prices are well within the typical threshold for good D2 programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              These prices are well within the typical threshold for good D2 programs.
              Brandon, you've got to understand. We're CHEAP out here.

I choke when I go to Emeril's Palazzo steakhouse in Vegas and am asked to pay $18 for a wedge salad. $89 for a bone-in rib-eye. $14 for a baked potato. And a 12 year old scotch is $28. And I usually have more than one. Yipes! I get a pain deep in my kidneys, like someone just stuck me with a Bowie knife! When your used to paying $45 for that rib-eye (potato and salad included) and $12 for the same scotch........or more likely it's an $11.00 Mexican dinner, a $6 shot of tequila, and a $3 Coors Light, $20 total, well, it's a shock. I can't underestimate how cheap people are in the Texas Panhandle. Frugal and cheap.

I'm not sure how many people are willing to pay $125 a seat per game (capital costs included) for the next three years to eat a $30 included meal and pay $7 for a beer. to watch the Buffs play football. I did. I must be crazy. Someone pull that knife out of my right kidney!

Hmmm. If the Buffs win, the price is right! Never mind.

Comment

So, what is the capital contribution for ? To get access to Buffalo club?

Comment

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
                  So, what is the capital contribution for ? To get access to Buffalo club?
                  The capital contribution is part of the overall funding for stadium amenities not included in the original package. Money on top of what the students voted for. Like money from the lease of Luxury suites. A lot of the bells and whistles will be funded by capital contributions.

Being a Buffalo Club member and Club level season ticket holder gets you into the Club area during games.

Comment

This is an FYI just for fun to compare ticket prices. I'm going to use Buffalo Chip tickets for a comparison between WT and Texas A&M. Apples and Oranges I know but just for fun. When they reseated after the Remodeling of Kyle Field every seat had a Capital contribution and annual giving. So the tickets Chip has at WT would be in the Prime West Legacy Club at A&M. The Capital contribution for those seats were $15000.00 per seat as a 1 time gift. You could pay it over 5 years if you chose to. The annual gift is $4000.00 per seat every year. The actual season ticket price per seat would be $600.00 per ticket. Parking Passes are assigned according to your points and cost $180.00. So let's do a five year analysis for these 4 season tickets.

1 time Capital Gift of 15000 x 4 =60000
                    Annual gift 4000x4=16000 16000x5 =80000
                    Season tickets 4x600=2400 2400x5 =12000
                    Parking Pass 1x180=180 180x 5 = 900

Grand Total 5 years =$152900

There are 20 different pricing sections in Kyle Field.
                    When the reseating occurred you would have needed to have given in the $50000 range or accumulated the equal of that in points to even have a chance at purchasing those tickets I just Illustrated. Also FYI, every ticket in the stadium required a Capital contribution and still requires a annual giving amount. Cheapest were $25 Capital gift and $25 annual/seat gift. These are upper deck in both end zones. They are way up there and points were needed to even buy those seats.

PS Loge boxes and Suites would be a lot higher than the club seating. There is over 100 suites in Kyle and rumors are that the 12 Founders suites cost anywhere from 2 to 5 million for the capital contribution. Just rumors I heard.

I would say that WT is still in the D-2 category for pricing and Chip I think the view from your seats at WT will be better than the A&M tickets are.

Comment

I left out that the cheapest seats for season tickets are still $500 per seat and the Loge Boxes and Suites are besides the 20 different pricing sections. There is no general admission. Students get 35000- 40000 seats at A&M on the East side and are mostly on the 2 upper decks with the Band and The Corp seating in the first deck. The 2 middle sections on the first level East side are season ticket holders and are not as expensive but day games can be brutal in those seats In September and early October. Hence the cheaper price.

Comment

I have an email that shows pricing directly from WT. I inquired about it earlier in the year. If you are interested PM your email and I will forward it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan88 View Post
                          This is an FYI just for fun to compare ticket prices. I'm going to use Buffalo Chip tickets for a comparison between WT and Texas A&M. Apples and Oranges I know but just for fun. When they reseated after the Remodeling of Kyle Field every seat had a Capital contribution and annual giving. So the tickets Chip has at WT would be in the Prime West Legacy Club at A&M. The Capital contribution for those seats were $15000.00 per seat as a 1 time gift. You could pay it over 5 years if you chose to. The annual gift is $4000.00 per seat every year. The actual season ticket price per seat would be $600.00 per ticket. Parking Passes are assigned according to your points and cost $180.00. So let's do a five year analysis for these 4 season tickets.

1 time Capital Gift of 15000 x 4 =60000
                          Annual gift 4000x4=16000 16000x5 =80000
                          Season tickets 4x600=2400 2400x5 =12000
                          Parking Pass 1x180=180 180x 5 = 900

Grand Total 5 years =$152900

There are 20 different pricing sections in Kyle Field.
                          When the reseating occurred you would have needed to have given in the $50000 range or accumulated the equal of that in points to even have a chance at purchasing those tickets I just Illustrated. Also FYI, every ticket in the stadium required a Capital contribution and still requires a annual giving amount. Cheapest were $25 Capital gift and $25 annual/seat gift. These are upper deck in both end zones. They are way up there and points were needed to even buy those seats.

PS Loge boxes and Suites would be a lot higher than the club seating. There is over 100 suites in Kyle and rumors are that the 12 Founders suites cost anywhere from 2 to 5 million for the capital contribution. Just rumors I heard.

I would say that WT is still in the D-2 category for pricing and Chip I think the view from your seats at WT will be better than the A&M tickets are.
                          For what I'm paying at WT, my College Station seats would be in a stadium toilet.
                          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-11-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            Me, too. Still, it's my money one way or the other. The new stadium club seat pricing plan would be an easier sale if the Buffs were coming off an 11-2 LSC co-championship season with a playoff win.
                            You might check with your CPA about writing off sports related tickets.
                            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                              You might check with your CPA about writing off sports related tickets.
                              Whatever the rules are, she follows them. A stickler. I may not be able to deduct under the current code. If I pay thru the corp, it may have to go down as a shareholder distribution.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X