Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do D2 Coaches get Fired?

It seems to me that D2 Coaches never get fired for mediocrity. They usually are asked to resign and get a nice write up for services and move on.

I guess some do fired but not do to performance but due to other unscrupulous activities such as Commerce Basketball Assistant.

Comment

Re: Do D2 Coaches get Fired?

80-14? That deserves firing.

Don Carthel was fired in grand style, press conference and all. Since then, our football team has sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        It seems to me that D2 Coaches never get fired for mediocrity. They usually are asked to resign and get a nice write up for services and move on.

I guess some do fired but not do to performance but due to other unscrupulous activities such as Commerce Basketball Assistant.
        I'd say it depends. For instance, WT softball's Abrams "resigned" today after a 32-15 second season. I bet it wasn't a voluntary resignation. Had her record been 15-32 she still may have been given the chance to "resign." But everyone would know she was fired. Or like LSC fan said, it would have been announce that her contract was not being renewed.......that means fired.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Don Carthel was fired in grand style, press conference and all. Since then, our football team has sucked.

Comment

Dale Carr
            Will Wagner

Comment

[QUOTE=LSC Fan;2383043]

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                I'd say it depends. For instance, WT softball's Abrams "resigned" today after a 32-15 second season. I bet it wasn't a voluntary resignation. Had her record been 15-32 she still may have been given the chance to "resign." But everyone would know she was fired. Or like LSC fan said, it would have been announce that her contract was not being renewed.......that means fired.

Comment

Yep. 2nd year coach. 32-15 for WT softball won't cut it. Period. I bet our AD has more like 42-5 in mind. He gave her her chance. Not good enough was the result.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    Yep. 2nd year coach. 32-15 for WT softball won't cut it. Period. I bet our AD has more like 42-5 in mind. He gave her her chance. Not good enough was the result.
                    I hear ya! But, is there a shorter leash for some sports over others?

Say football goes 6-5 again with a couple of blowouts like last year does HC continue on?
                    Last edited by Techster88; 05-14-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Evidently. The football team has sucked since 2013. Nesbitt only had a winning record because we played teams like OPSU, McMurry, and Kingsville when they were down. I still hope Hughes will be a success, but he's running out of time. We'll see if the new OC can improve Houghtaling's play. Maybe we can win 7 games this year.

Comment

Say football goes 6-5 again with a couple of blowouts like last year does HC continue on?
                        6-5 again and I hope they show him the door or give him a 1 year warning to improve or else

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                          6-5 again and I hope they show him the door or give him a 1 year warning to improve or else
                          Hughes will get a chance thru 2020, barring a total collapse this year, something like a 4 win season. My guess is if WT doesn't make the playoffs in 2020 Hughes might be out. Our AD is determined to see football succeed.

Comment

Guy Morriss

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Actually his boss should have taken part of the sword too. Unfortunately we had to go through another few years of his tenure before he left on his own and part of the reason we are stuck in sucksville is some of the decisions he made such as lowering football's status at the school.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X