Clear All

• Western New Mexico coach leaving

https://twitter.com/WNMUathletics/st...510010368?s=20
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Turnover again. Can this program win?

Comment

Any word? Job hasn't been posted yet.

Comment

I heard they are already interviewing. John O'Mera the former head coach at Eastern Arizona is in the mix

I kind of feel this could be an ok Job if they got the right fight in there. I know they are underfunded but it is the closest D2 to Arizona/California and it is so cheap to go to school there. Plus Arizona dropping Junior College football it seems they might be able to pull some high school kids out of Tucson and Phoenix that could be good. This might raise some eyebrows but Lone Star isn't what it used to be and you can schedule some games with some NAIA's. Tell me I am wrong but I think with the right coach they could win more than they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
          I heard they are already interviewing. John O'Mera the former head coach at Eastern Arizona is in the mix

I kind of feel this could be an ok Job if they got the right fight in there. I know they are underfunded but it is the closest D2 to Arizona/California and it is so cheap to go to school there. Plus Arizona dropping Junior College football it seems they might be able to pull some high school kids out of Tucson and Phoenix that could be good. This might raise some eyebrows but Lone Star isn't what it used to be and you can schedule some games with some NAIA's. Tell me I am wrong but I think with the right coach they could win more than they lose.
          Silver City? is it somewhere between Tucson and El Paso?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Silver City? is it somewhere between Tucson and El Paso?

Comment

Love that movie

Comment

Traditionally they drop the ball and hire somebody who has no connection to AZ and/or hasn't done anything at a small remote college. O'Mera would be a great hire but they won't hire him because he runs triple option.

Comment

Originally posted by Juke View Post
                  Traditionally they drop the ball and hire somebody who has no connection to AZ and/or hasn't done anything at a small remote college. O'Mera would be a great hire but they won't hire him because he runs triple option.
                  They actually tried luring Lee away for that reason, not saying they are still on that train of thought but...it's still possible.

Comment

Any word on the interviews???????

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post
                      Any word on the interviews???????
                      Yes they are going well, but they posted the job on craigslist one more time to see who else responds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

I live in AZ now and lot of football talent that is left after the 3 d1 schools here recruit. Many go to Calif and Texas. Former WT coach heads the football team in Surprise AZ at Ottaw, naia play OPSU and others. Also one other naia team in state otherwise lot to recruit in AZ is WT coaches would look. Phx is about 9 hr drive from Amarillo easy dr down I 40 make a left at flagstaff and 2 more hrs south. Driven it many times. WT Softball and VB recruits here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post
                          Turnover again. Can this program win?
                          School is pretty isolated in a small town , high school type facilities actually I think Davy Crockett jr hi where i went back in the day had better facilities. School has about 2500 students. Dont see them being a d2 power house but if you like scenery and peace and quiet not a bad place to be.

Comment

https://wnmumustangs.com/news/2021/5...all-coach.aspx

THEY HAVE A COACH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                              He sounds like a really good hire!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X