Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked to compliance at Wt this morning. Whether or not a player can return is a coaching decision. The university is under no obligation to continue financial aid after the player enters the portal and leaves the team.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Talked to compliance at Wt this morning. Whether or not a player can return is a coaching decision. The university is under no obligation to continue financial aid after the player enters the portal and leaves the team.
      The main reason I knew about this was because of tennis of all things. I have a good friend that I played against in high school that is now a college tennis coach. He took on a kid that had issues and let him walk on his first year. He stayed out of trouble to earn the full ride. Next year he thought his poop didn't stink and entered the transfer portal thinking he could get on at a D1 school and at least play #5 or #6 singles. When no D1 team was interested in picking him up he tried to come back and the coach told him to kick rocks. The player tried to appeal to higher ups at the university citing the main reason he wanted to transfer was that he wanted a chance to qualify for the D1 mens singles tennis championships since the rest of the divisions only held teams championships. The university stuck with the coach and he was out of luck. After that I think he dropped out and tried playing minor league tennis tournaments.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X