Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things WT thread

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All Things WT thread

    The rumors, inside scoop, all sports, right here. I have none any more, but it deserved its own thread. Proceed.

  • #2
    Julius Brown is rumored to be transferring to WT from Lincoln Memorial. He was the starting PG on their team WT beat at the buzzer.

    Both Fugett brothers and Obineke are also in the transfer portal from last year's WT team.

    Comment


    • #3
      What is going on at WT??? Does everyone on that team think they’re the next MJ or King James? SMH.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        What is going on at WT??? Does everyone on that team think they’re the next MJ or King James? SMH.
        It's not just WT. A lot of guys are doing it across the country. A few are gonna get that D1 shot and I don't blame them.

        Quay got a big time upgrade to go to Wichita State, good for him. Murray gets a D1 shot by the beach and his mom has a house in the area, good for him also.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

          It's not just WT. A lot of guys are doing it across the country. A few are gonna get that D1 shot and I don't blame them.

          Quay got a big time upgrade to go to Wichita State, good for him. Murray gets a D1 shot by the beach and his mom has a house in the area, good for him also.
          I get all that. But I’m guessing the vast majority of these D2 and mid major kids aren’t going to get the upgrade Grant got. Then what? Will they expect to be welcomed back to their former school? This portal crap is a big chaotic clusterf**k. It’s going to drastically change college athletics, and I’m afraid not for the better. The NCAA and universities are just trying to delay the inevitable, which is to pay the athletes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Chandler Jacobs (?) from DBU is now at ttu.


            (Sorry not WT related)
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              Chandler Jacobs (?) from DBU is now at ttu.


              (Sorry not WT related)
              WT sux.
              (totally WT related)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by buffalobill View Post

                I get all that. But I’m guessing the vast majority of these D2 and mid major kids aren’t going to get the upgrade Grant got. Then what? Will they expect to be welcomed back to their former school? This portal crap is a big chaotic clusterf**k. It’s going to drastically change college athletics, and I’m afraid not for the better. The NCAA and universities are just trying to delay the inevitable, which is to pay the athletes.
                Probably not, they will end up at another D2 like the kid from Lincoln Memorial coming to WT. I'm of the mindset they should do what they want if they have a shot at a D1. Of all the other 3 from WT in portal, I feel like Obineke and Jonil will get a shot at a D1. Calvin not so much. I expect the ncaa will have to make some adjustments after this year though and agree it is a bit of a cluster this year.


                https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2021/4/21...arry-wise.aspx


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

                  WT sux.
                  (totally WT related)
                  WTF?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

                    WTF?
                    TAMUC education. English major.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by buffalobill View Post

                      I get all that. But I’m guessing the vast majority of these D2 and mid major kids aren’t going to get the upgrade Grant got. Then what? Will they expect to be welcomed back to their former school? This portal crap is a big chaotic clusterf**k. It’s going to drastically change college athletics, and I’m afraid not for the better. The NCAA and universities are just trying to delay the inevitable, which is to pay the athletes.
                      It is my understanding that once you enter the transfer portal then you are removed from that university's roster. Like entering the real NBA draft or getting designated for assignment in baseball. It would be up to the original university to offer a spot and scholarship again. If the coach is supportive of the move then I wouldn't see the issue. If not then you are taking a heck of a chance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        WT Players in uniform in the old on-campus stadium!

                        https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67...0texas%20state

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

                          It is my understanding that once you enter the transfer portal then you are removed from that university's roster. Like entering the real NBA draft or getting designated for assignment in baseball. It would be up to the original university to offer a spot and scholarship again. If the coach is supportive of the move then I wouldn't see the issue. If not then you are taking a heck of a chance.
                          I have been told by an assistant AD that if a player is not taken from the pool that the original school is REQUIRED to reinstate them at the same level of financial aid they
                          were getting previously.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

                            I have been told by an assistant AD that if a player is not taken from the pool that the original school is REQUIRED to reinstate them at the same level of financial aid they
                            were getting previously.
                            I don’t see this as possible. That would prevent coaches from replenishing depleted rosters until departing players find a new home. Some won’t find a new home. Some might be shopping for a new home until a week before school starts. Meanwhile, the athlete’s former school has replenished their roster and all scholarships are allocated. The school isn’t going to be held hostage to the whims of the departing athlete.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

                              I don’t see this as possible. That would prevent coaches from replenishing depleted rosters until departing players find a new home. Some won’t find a new home. Some might be shopping for a new home until a week before school starts. Meanwhile, the athlete’s former school has replenished their roster and all scholarships are allocated. The school isn’t going to be held hostage to the whims of the departing athlete.
                              I agree with you, however, that is not what I was told. I'll try and call our compliance officer Monday and find out.
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X