Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the situation on the LSC/Heartland Merger updates?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the situation on the LSC/Heartland Merger updates?

I know that the LSC swallowing up the Heartland Conference is basically beginning now. What are the total ramifications of this move? Will it help football or damage it? Will any of the former Heartland teams (at least in Texas) add football? Has it completely reshaped scheduling for basketball and the Olympic Sports? Basically I'm just curious what you all think.
    Go Bronchos!

Re: What is the situation on the LSC/Heartland Merger updates?

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
    I know that the LSC swallowing up the Heartland Conference is basically beginning now. What are the total ramifications of this move? Will it help football or damage it? Will any of the former Heartland teams (at least in Texas) add football? Has it completely reshaped scheduling for basketball and the Olympic Sports? Basically I'm just curious what you all think.
    Not that I know anything for sure but here are some guesses.

1. Divisions in Basketball, going to be a rough conference to get out of. A few deserving schools will miss the tournament.

2. I have a strange feeling it'll hurt. Can't stop thinking about a reverse Big East situation

3. Doubt it. They'd be well behind in a rough conference.

4. See number one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

1. Divisions in Basketball, going to be a rough conference to get out of. A few deserving schools will miss the tournament.

2. I have a strange feeling it'll hurt. Can't stop thinking about a reverse Big East situation

4. See number one.
      Pods - will only play someone outside your pod once a year. So Midwestern will only play West Texas A&M once during the regular season.

Comment

Heres the old thread on this:

http://www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94755

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

4. See number one.
          I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 LSC BB teams and 2 RMAC teams make the playoffs. Same for SB. Maybe VB. RMAC does great in some track, cross country etc..

Comment

There was also this thread.

http://www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94179

I have not heard official confirmation of who is in which POD. I know that Tarleton was not happy with the POD they ended up in.

North Division:
            Ark - FT Smith
            Ok Christian
            Cameron
            Midwestern St
            TX A&M Commerce
            Texas Woman's (Women)
            Dallas Baptist (Men)

South Division:
            TX A&M Kingsville
            TX A&M International
            St Mary's
            St Edwards
            UT Tyler
            Tarleton State

West Division:
            West Texas A&M
            Eastern NM
            Western NM
            UTPB
            Angelo State
            Lubbock Christian

Comment

I'm happy with annual games in Austin and San Antonio but not sold on our pod

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              Tarleton State Texan
              Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                Pods - will only play someone outside your pod once a year. So Midwestern will only play West Texas A&M once during the regular season.
                Meant Conference Tourney. And thanks for reminding me it's possible.
                Last edited by Vulpes88; 06-19-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

Comment

How long can a 19 team conference stay together? I doubt even five years.

Comment

I think this format could work. Play the first 2 games at the home team school. This is for the Women's Side. I just assumed the Higher Seeds won.

Comment

I'm not sure there is enough time to play five games in the conference post-season. Looks to me that the better plan would be to take the top 2 out of each pod and then add the 2 with the best conference records from the remaining teams. That would give you 8 teams to go to Frisco.

Comment

The last format for BB that I heard being discussed was 12 teams with top 4 getting a bye. 5-12 play at the home Monday/Tuesday of higher seed with winners joining the top 4 for the regular tourney schedule. Think it might be Monday if tourney starts on Wednesday as usual. Don't know what has been discussed for VB.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Leaning damage to the LSC brand of football with so many non football members.
                            I don't think so at all. When people think about LSC Football, they don't think about Cameron or Texas Women's College. They think of Kingsville and WT and Commerce, etc. The non-football playing schools might as well not exist to football fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              I don't think so at all. When people think about LSC Football, they don't think about Cameron or Texas Women's College. They think of Kingsville and WT and Commerce, etc. The non-football playing schools might as well not exist to football fans.
                              You have a valid point about that. My real concern is if non football schools have an equal vote and become a stumbling block for the conference as far as football goes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X