Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the situation on the LSC/Heartland Merger updates?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is the situation on the LSC/Heartland Merger updates?

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    You have a valid point about that. My real concern is if non football schools have an equal vote and become a stumbling block for the conference as far as football goes.
    That is THE problem that can arise. It should be simple: If you sponsor football, you can vote on football issues.

The ENTIRE NCAA membership used to vote on issues affecting other divisions. They changed the rules so that schools only vote in decisions that affect their division.

When the PSAC and RMAC attempted to reduce scholarships in 2004, only schools that sponsored football (along with a single vote from every conference that sponsored football) were allowed to vote on the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      You have a valid point about that. My real concern is if non football schools have an equal vote and become a stumbling block for the conference as far as football goes.
      Same here. If they do, I see them voting together for their best interests.

Comment

I would hope that the presidents of the football playing schools took care of any problems like this prior to the announcement of the merger. If they didn't, then we all need new presidents. I can't imagine that they would take a chance of letting the new members control anything about football.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
          I would hope that the presidents of the football playing schools took care of any problems like this prior to the announcement of the merger. If they didn't, then we all need new presidents. I can't imagine that they would take a chance of letting the new members control anything about football.
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
            I would hope, but unlike the ncaa where as a whole there are more FB schools than not, the lsc is now a conference of 10 non football schools and 9 football schools. 9 football schools with almost no other options for football as far as conference membership goes.

The LSC really messed up when we didnt fight to keep the old north schools when they bolted for the GAC.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X