Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TAMUK vs LINCOLN CAL.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TAMUK vs LINCOLN CAL.

    Congrats to the Javelinas’ win over Lincoln. Lincoln is in its 1st year of football and they are taking a beating. The Hoggies have been competitive this year albeit the losses to TAMUC and Midwestern were hard but they were in the game for awhile. Others have asked what may become of the LSC? With TAMUC leaving to D1, I think other football schools may want to step into the LSC. Mary Hardin Baylor, McMurray, New Mexico Highlands, just to name a few, would be welcome! Oklahoma schools have been here before. Keep in mind, TAMUK is now the longest active school in the LSC.

  • #2
    McMurry was in the LSC before too. They helped Nesbitt keep his record above .500.

    Comment


    • #3
      Information seems really difficult to find on Lincoln CA. I can find announcements on starting the program and scores but do we know what their actual plans are? Are they seeking D2 classification?
      If so could they themselves be LSC bound or possibly part of a rebuilt GNAC?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
        Congrats to the Javelinas’ win over Lincoln. Lincoln is in its 1st year of football and they are taking a beating. The Hoggies have been competitive this year albeit the losses to TAMUC and Midwestern were hard but they were in the game for awhile. Others have asked what may become of the LSC? With TAMUC leaving to D1, I think other football schools may want to step into the LSC. Mary Hardin Baylor, McMurray, New Mexico Highlands, just to name a few, would be welcome! Oklahoma schools have been here before. Keep in mind, TAMUK is now the longest active school in the LSC.
        Highlands had previously flirted with the LSC around 2015-2016 or so, but ultimately decided to stay in the RMAC. Other than a placeholder to get the LSC to eight schools (maybe), I don't know how NMHU fits into the LSC's overall scheme since they've been a doormat in RMAC football.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by psugorilla View Post
          Information seems really difficult to find on Lincoln CA. I can find announcements on starting the program and scores but do we know what their actual plans are? Are they seeking D2 classification?
          If so could they themselves be LSC bound or possibly part of a rebuilt GNAC?
          I found a couple of things. According to the you tube video they are going to be in the NCAA next year but didn't specify classification.

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-PyPfR3O4A

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by El_Hoggie View Post
            Congrats to the Javelinas’ win over Lincoln. Lincoln is in its 1st year of football and they are taking a beating. The Hoggies have been competitive this year albeit the losses to TAMUC and Midwestern were hard but they were in the game for awhile. Others have asked what may become of the LSC? With TAMUC leaving to D1, I think other football schools may want to step into the LSC. Mary Hardin Baylor, McMurray, New Mexico Highlands, just to name a few, would be welcome! Oklahoma schools have been here before. Keep in mind, TAMUK is now the longest active school in the LSC.
            When WTAM leaves the LSC and Angelo soon follows, the LSC is dead as a football conference. None of those schools you list will budge from where they are right now. McMurray tried for a few seasons and went back. Mary Hardin Baylor probably gets more love where they are at vs moving up, But with the facilities/funding they have, if they do move up they will probably bypass D2 all together if that day comes.

            TAMUK has no mission statement about where they want the program to go. Some of us have been asking for this for a decade now and have yet to hear one word which coincides with the decline of the program. It’s really hard to be concerned for a program who will not engage it’s fans and alums on its future while you see every other program in Texas worth a hoot being proactive whether they choose to move up or improve their facilities. When every school in the A&M system is seeing movement in their athletic programs to improve their standing in the state and nation and TAMUK does noting, you know something longer term is at play. Don’t be surprised in the next five or ten years the A&M CC merger occurs and the entire merged athletic program ends up in Corpus with new facilities to compliment it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

              When WTAM leaves the LSC and Angelo soon follows, the LSC is dead as a football conference. None of those schools you list will budge from where they are right now. McMurray tried for a few seasons and went back. Mary Hardin Baylor probably gets more love where they are at vs moving up, But with the facilities/funding they have, if they do move up they will probably bypass D2 all together if that day comes.

              TAMUK has no mission statement about where they want the program to go. Some of us have been asking for this for a decade now and have yet to hear one word which coincides with the decline of the program. It’s really hard to be concerned for a program who will not engage it’s fans and alums on its future while you see every other program in Texas worth a hoot being proactive whether they choose to move up or improve their facilities. When every school in the A&M system is seeing movement in their athletic programs to improve their standing in the state and nation and TAMUK does noting, you know something longer term is at play. Don’t be surprised in the next five or ten years the A&M CC merger occurs and the entire merged athletic program ends up in Corpus with new facilities to compliment it.
              The only way at this point WT is leaving the LSC is if it dissolves from other teams leaving for D1 and they go to the RMAC or GAC. Administration has made it clear that they have no immediate interest in D1.

              I have a feeling WT is sitting on the titanic waiting for the water pumps to kick in while everyone else is taking the last life rafts.

              Yeah I have a feeling that merger is going to have to happen for both Kingsville and Corpus schools. To keep Kingsville from being a D2 independent or worse and to prevent Corpus to being sent to a non football conference like the Summit or consider a D2 move themselves to avoid the travel costs of such a move. Luckily for Corpus short term is the Southland is on life support on its own and can't be picky about mandating conference members to add football.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

                The only way at this point WT is leaving the LSC is if it dissolves from other teams leaving for D1 and they go to the RMAC or GAC. Administration has made it clear that they have no immediate interest in D1.

                I have a feeling WT is sitting on the titanic waiting for the water pumps to kick in while everyone else is taking the last life rafts.

                Yeah I have a feeling that merger is going to have to happen for both Kingsville and Corpus schools. To keep Kingsville from being a D2 independent or worse and to prevent Corpus to being sent to a non football conference like the Summit or consider a D2 move themselves to avoid the travel costs of such a move. Luckily for Corpus short term is the Southland is on life support on its own and can't be picky about mandating conference members to add football.
                That same plan was clear in Commerce last year too.

                Comment

                Ad3

                Collapse
                Working...
                X