Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt v MSU

IMHO, this is the most important game of the year for WT.
    The only thing Wt has to play for is pride. Do we have enough pride to give the game maximum effort??

I really hope so.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    IMHO, this is the most important game of the year for WT.
    The only thing Wt has to play for is pride. Do we have enough pride to give the game maximum effort?

I really hope so.
    I've been giving this a LOT of thought, just like all the others who have not yet replied. The way I see it, if WT gets off to a really good start in the first half, say 50-0, then after the demotivational speech at halftime, we should still get 3 field goals. MSU would then roll over after scoring a single touchdown. Final score: 59-7, WT.

However, if we don't score more than 7 in the first half I see MSU running away with it. In this case, I see WT going scoreless in the second half with MSU winning by 52. Final score: 59-7, MSU.
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 11-04-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah I am really tired of WT playing for pride this late in the year. Always a fan and hopefully ruin MSU's playoff dreams but this also gives Hughes another top 20 win and reason for the administration to keep him around.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        Yeah I am really tired of WT playing for pride this late in the year. Always a fan and hopefully ruin MSU's playoff dreams but this also gives Hughes another top 20 win and reason for the administration to keep him around.
        Between 2009 & 2013....when my middle son played at Angelo, I had to listen to SO much smack talk and sh!t from WT posters about Angelo being "mediocre"...year in and year out. Of course those were the Carthel years (the best at WT).

Now, the shoe is on the other foot (and of course majority, not all, of those big mouth bandwagon fans are nowhere to be found now). And it does suck for REAL WT fans. It's even worse when you get the hype of "THIS IS THE YEAR", and you don't even win the conference or make the playoffs. VERY frustrating.

But I did remain a fan of MY SON and HIS TEAM no matter what (just glad it ended on a high note instead of another mediocre year).

Now, I have no loyalty's to any DII team. I follow/support based on who I know playing or coaching. This year majority are at TAMUC.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Between 2009 & 2013....when my middle son played at Angelo, I had to listen to SO much smack talk and sh!t from WT posters about Angelo being "mediocre"...year in and year out. Of course those were the Carthel years (the best at WT).

Now, the shoe is on the other foot (and of course majority, not all, of those big mouth bandwagon fans are nowhere to be found now). And it does suck for REAL WT fans. It's even worse when you get the hype of "THIS IS THE YEAR", and you don't even win the conference or make the playoffs. VERY frustrating.

But I did remain a fan of MY SON and HIS TEAM no matter what (just glad it ended on a high note instead of another mediocre year).

Now, I have no loyalty's to any DII team. I follow/support based on who I know playing or coaching. This year majority are at TAMUC.
          As you point out the rude posters are gone. There were some I didn't like either. So be kinder to the loyal WT fans.

Yes, I am frustrated, but I still want WT to win every game. WT deserves better coaches than Nesbitt and Hughes. Hughes (25-23) seems like a good guy, but I don't think he's ready to be a head coach. Neither is Wade Phillips.

I agree with you on Commerce, I think they are finally getting their act together. If any LSC team makes the playoffs, I will be pulling for them. If it's MSU, I expect another very short playoff run. I don't know how a guy like Maskill can have a record of 149-59 and still lose consistently in the first round.
          Last edited by WT_TKW; 11-06-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Now, I have no loyalty's to any DII team. I follow/support based on who I know played just a stadium or coaching. This year majority are at TAMUC.
            I have tried to remain optimistic about FB. It's really hard when all you have is a .500 team. You look around and the other sports are competing at the regional and national levels. Wt has done what appears to be the right thing, build new facilities. (not just a stadium) Our AD has a track record of good hires in other sports. The other sports appear to be winning the recruiting battles. I don't think Wt football is recruiting well. As my friends know I have season tickers for EVERY sport at Wt. Is it asking too much for FB to make the playoffs? That's the standard at WT - play in the postseason. Football is simply not meeting that standard.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Those were some "interesting" years. Ha!

How's your son doing these days?

Comment

I'm picking today's game as: MSU 38 WT 24.

Comment

I have tried to remain optimistic about FB. It's really hard when all you have is a .500 team. You look around and the other sports are competing at the regional and national levels. Wt has done what appears to be the right thing, build new facilities. (not just a stadium) Our AD has a track record of good hires in other sports. The other sports appear to be winning the recruiting battles. I don't think Wt football is recruiting well. As my friends know I have season tickers for EVERY sport at Wt. Is it asking too much for FB to make the playoffs? That's the standard at WT - play in the postseason. Football is simply not meeting that standard.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

As you point out the rude posters are gone. There were some I didn't like either. So be kinder to the loyal WT fans.

Yes, I am frustrated, but I still want WT to win every game. WT deserves better coaches than Nesbitt and Hughes. Hughes (25-23) seems like a good guy, but I don't think he's ready to be a head coach. Neither is Wade Phillips.

I agree with you on Commerce, I think they are finally getting their act together. If any LSC team makes the playoffs, I will be pulling for them. If it's MSU, I expect another very short playoff run. I don't know how a guy like Maskill can have a record of 149-59 and still lose consistently in the first round.
                    I ALWAYS am. I LOVE TRUE, LOYAL FANS, of any team.

Me either! He is a very good DII coach. Makes no sense. Maybe psychological? Or maybe he iss REALLY GREAT coach who wins with subpar talent during the season, but not enough talent to face better teams?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      I'm picking today's game as: MSU 38 WT 24.
                      Probably very close in your prediction. BUT, I could certainly see WT pulling an upset.

Comment

But in all fairness, how many years in their history has WTAMU football made play-offs or even won their conference? It is NOT the standard in football.

Carthel was the best coach in WT history and he didn't win a NC...but did make it to the ship his final season. WT should have NEVER fired Carthel.

Comment

MSU 7-0.

Comment

MSU 9-0. Offensive buffoonery on WT's part. This year should set the "most safeties given in a season" record.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                              MSU 9-0. Offensive buffoonery on WT's part. This year should set the "most safeties given in a season" record.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X