Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Poly Humboldt

GNAC affiliate member (Women's Rowing) Humboldt State is now Cal Poly Humboldt.

https://www.humboldt.edu/

Interesting stuff and I fully approve. Personally I'm a liberal arts major myself but I greatly see the value on the Cal Poly change for Humboldt.

Their enrollment was dropping like a rock, cutting football immediately eliminated 100 plus students and it's gone downhill since then.

I've driven through that area many times and while it's incredibly beautiful with the coast and the Redwoods, it's a vast wasteland when it comes to the economy, high tech and other things. I believe this could really give the region a great uplift.

Comment

Cal Poly Humboldt will be offering a BA degree in Cannabis Studies in 2023. I think Cheech & Chong are deserving of the first honorary degrees in that field.

??????

Comment

I hope this helps, in some way, bring football back.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
          I hope this helps, in some way, bring football back.
          I hope so too, but I doubt it. Not for many years anyway. On the bright side, nearby College of the Redwoods is bringing their JUCO program back this year. Humboldt used to get many players from the Corsairs.

??????
          Last edited by crixus; 01-29-2022, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
            Cal Poly Humboldt will be offering a BA degree in Cannabis Studies in 2023. I think Cheech & Chong are deserving of the first honorary degrees in that field.

??????
            Tommy Chong and "Cheech" Marin met in Vancouver while Tommy was playing in various bands around town and Cheech was laying carpets in houses. They met at a bar called the Shanghai Junk around 1969 and the rest is history!!

Comment

I hope so too, but I doubt it. Not for many years anyway. On the bright side, nearby College of the Redwoods is bringing their JUCO program back this year. Humboldt used to get many players from the Corsairs.

??????
              Glad they are coming back! Some college ball in Humboldt in better than none!

Comment

Name change is a bit of a bummer, I liked how HSU rolled off the tongue - but a change of pace academically is welcomed, and a much better solution than closing or reducing the school as I heard was possibly on the table.

Now they just need to bring football back!!

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                  Name change is a bit of a bummer, I liked how HSU rolled off the tongue - but a change of pace academically is welcomed, and a much better solution than closing or reducing the school as I heard was possibly on the table.

Now they just need to bring football back!!
                  If they do, I wonder if they'd be LSC for football as that would put the GNAC only back to 4 teams. I also wonder how long the GNAC boards will be here as there is no GNAC football next year. I'd love to see the Redwood Bowl used again for football and on the name change it makes sense in them joining that system in California.

Comment

Comment

??????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X