Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Huh???
    Texas State beat them the first meeting in the regionals and had a 3-1 lead on them going into the 9th inning last night. They close that game out they would have advanced and hosted Connecticut in a super regional this weekend.

All the ESPN talking heads were talking about all week was how a Tennessee vs. Stanford world series championship series was going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Texas State beat them the first meeting in the regionals and had a 3-1 lead on them going into the 9th inning last night. They close that game out they would have advanced and hosted Connecticut in a super regional this weekend.

All the ESPN talking heads were talking about all week was how a Tennessee vs. Stanford world series championship series was going to be great.
      Gotcha.

I got list because we were discussing Angelo & D2 baseball. I didn't connect the dots.

Comment

I know people say "you gotta believe", but I do not see anyone beating the Crusaders.

GO RAMS
        Rams got HAMMERED today 18-3.

As I said.....I don't see anyone beating the Crusaders.

Comment

Well....Angelo's season and NC run comes to an end with a 12-2 blow out loss to West Chester today. I think the beating they took yesterday got to them mentally as they should have destroyed West Chester.

Goes to show how much of winning in sports is mental vs talent.

Nevertheless, ANOTHER great season for Angelo Baseball. Huge CONGRATS to the team and it's fans!

Comment

Well....Angelo's season and NC run comes to an end with a 12-2 blow out loss to West Chester today. I think the beating they took yesterday got to them mentally as they should have destroyed West Chester.

Nevertheless, ANOTHER great season for Angelo Baseball. Huge CONGRATS to the team and it's fans!
            Spot on Pops. I remember in HS we were on a roll and then we ran into a team that was a classification up but had no record of a great baseball. We were a playoff team every year. They pounded us 8-1 much to our shock and dismay. The next game a couple of days later was against a winless team in our district. I swear the kid pitching threw slower than any changeup i've ever faced going back to pony league. No one could hit him and only rain saved us as we were losing 10-4. We both came back the next day and started all over and we run ruled them.

That team that beat us just got on a roll and didn't lose another game beating the state finalist in their classification handily. The problem for them was their 4-4 start in district which doomed them for making the playoffs. Definitely the best team we played all year and a school in our district won state that year. A team in their district would have won state leading 7-0 but got their Ace tossed out of the game and their opponent came back and won 8-7. i'm sure the Ump shed no tears after dealing with that.

Comment

Congrats - good run.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I know people say "you gotta believe", but I do not see anyone beating the Crusaders.

GO RAMS
                Crusaders win the DII NC. Man that little, private university has a great program.

CONGRATS NORTH GREENVILLE!

Comment

Angelo State baseball wins first matchup of the NCAA Division II World Series

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...e/70287314007/

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 GREAT GAME! Amazing pitching!!!

Comment

Shouldn't we be talking about this stuff on the nothing but crap thread? ;)

Comment

What's good for the Goose isn't good for the Gander. Or, do as I say not as I do.

Comment

I did but not enough posters responded, so, I used WT rule: "If no-one is interested, we will resurrect an OLD non-football thread and force everyone to read it".

Evidently, it works!!

Oh, as a wise old WT alum put it. "If you don't like it, don't read it".
                        Last edited by ASUPops; 06-05-2023, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

What's good for the Goose isn't good for the Gander. Or, do as I say not as I do.
                          I gather you to be the Gander and the "I"? Or is that one of the other 3 Amigos?

Comment

Angelo's MEN'S sports are really turning into powerhouses in the LSC. Very, very cool. Glad to see them doing do well. I bet a their Alum are THRILLED.

BIG game tomorrow for Angelo State. Not sure they will pull this one off, but if they do, WOW!!

Comment

I gather you to be the Gander and the "I"? Or is that one of the other 3 Amigos?
                              I'm a Buffalo, you're a Goose. Don't get underfoot, honker..

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm a Buffalo, you're a Goose. Don't get underfoot, honker..
                                Then who the h3ll is the GANDER????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X