Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the tav View Post

NCAA has ZERO Leadership the inmates are running the asylum. It's all about media markets in building a conference. Pathetic. Maybe the Pac12 does a merger with the Big12? Maybe Pac12 might need to think outside the box and look at the University of Miami and Florida State. Maybe Texas Tech and Houston. Maybe Army, Air Force, Navy and Notre Dame they all have rivalries with Stanford. Who knows at this point. But it makes me sick what the NCAA has become.
    Texas schools are NOT welcome in California because of the ignorance of Politics which should stay as far from sports as possible. Therefore any mention of Texas schools to the PAC with Cal B and Stanford is a definite NO GO.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Texas schools are NOT welcome in California because of the ignorance of Politics which should stay as far from sports as possible. Therefore any mention of Texas schools to the PAC with Cal B and Stanford is a definite NO GO.
      Guessing you never heard of University of Texas in Austin? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Guessing you never heard of University of Texas in Austin? ;)
        You whiffed big time. The state Government of California will not allow public universities to use money to travel to Texas for athletic events due to political differences. I wish I was making this up, but its a known fact. I'm sure this applies to other competitions as well not just sports.

Here's the webpage to this stupidity about PROHIBITION ON STATE-FUNDED AND STATE-SPONSORED TRAVEL TO STATES WITH DISCRIMINATORY LAWS (ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 1887)
        : https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887
        Last edited by Techster88; 07-05-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Oregon and Washington have now formally applied to join the Big 10. PAC starting to look like the American after the Big 12 & Sunbelt raids. MWC looks like it will be gutted to save PAC.

Comment

You whiffed big time. The state Government of California will not allow public universities to use money to travel to Texas for athletic events due to political differences. I wish I was making this up, but its a known fact. I'm sure this applies to other competitions as well not just sports.

Here's the webpage to this stupidity about PROHIBITION ON STATE-FUNDED AND STATE-SPONSORED TRAVEL TO STATES WITH DISCRIMINATORY LAWS (ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 1887)
            : https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887
            Wasn't a whiff at all. My comment was back to 2010 when the PAC was going to admit Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech before Texas killed it with the Longhorn network deal.

If this did happen I doubt California would have followed through with this.

Comment

The latest Possible Big 12 (18) Conference map.
              Last edited by crixus; 07-05-2022, 02:50 PM.
              Go Mustangs!

Comment

Last edited by crixus; 07-05-2022, 03:05 PM.
                Go Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                  The latest Possible Big 12 (18) Conference map.
                  Poor Wazzu. And Stanford, and Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

And Oregon State.... Remind you of another conference in the D2 level that used to have football? SFU, CWU, and WOU really come to mind for those four schools. At least the MWC may be willing to have the 4 schools and merge, probably even drop MWC for Pac.

Comment

Just saw this one on Twitter. Oh what the heck, let's go for 20.

Go Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                        Just saw this one on Twitter. Oh what the heck, let's go for 20.

I wonder if that may be to try to keep Kansas, especially with Arizona's basketball program. Utah though is reporting that the rumors are blatantly false: https://wvsportsnow.com/report-pac-1...atantly-false/

Comment

Wasn't a whiff at all. My comment was back to 2010 when the PAC was going to admit Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech before Texas killed it with the Longhorn network deal.

If this did happen I doubt California would have followed through with this.
                          Instead, they got Colorado along with this stupidity. Must be nice in Government and pass laws to satiate their extreme base without any regard to who else it might hamper. I guess California schools have to dip into their private athletic funds to travel to states theirs disapproves of.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Wonder how big Central Florida's budget is? Those road trips to Seattle for Olympic sports are 6,000+ miles round trip.

Comment

Instead, they got Colorado along with this stupidity. Must be nice in Government and pass laws to satiate their extreme base without any regard to who else it might hamper. I guess California schools have to dip into their private athletic funds to travel to states theirs disapproves of.
                              Yeah and there aren't a lot of eager universities out this way looking forward to California visits either.

Comment

Wonder how big Central Florida's budget is? Those road trips to Seattle for Olympic sports are 6,000+ miles round trip.
                                I'm of the opinion that D1 athletics needs to die, and a minor league for football needs to be created. Football is obviously driving all of this.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X