Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: USC & UCLA Leaving For Big 10

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...pac-12-big-ten

I wonder how this will further shake things up in the college football world.

SEC and ACC merger next up?
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

On CBS sports they were talking about a Pac-12/Big-12 merger. Travel wouldn't be any worse than the LSC for football.

Comment

Are Oregon and Washington next?

https://twitter.com/LaMikeBlack/stat...52096373202950
        Last edited by crixus; 06-30-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Geographically it is terrible. Tradition wise it is terrible. I've completely lost my interest in professional sports- D1 is heading down the same path.

Comment

Bill Walton must be freaking out. Whenever he does color commentary on Pac 12 basketball games on ESPN he uses their slogan Conference of Champions every few minutes. Without USC and UCLA, that moniker won't apply anymore seeing how those two universities are responsible for at least half (if not more) of those championships.
              Last edited by crixus; 07-01-2022, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Thank goodness for D2 football. Go Battlers!
                ???

??????
                Last edited by crixus; 06-30-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  Geographically it is terrible. Tradition wise it is terrible. I've completely lost my interest in professional sports- D1 is heading down the same path.
                  Greed, Greed GREED!

Comment

So ACU and Tarleton to the PAC 12 then Commerce and WT to the WAC? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                      Bill Walton must be freaking out. Whenever he does color commentary on Pac 12 basketball games on ESPN he uses their slogan Conference of Champions every few minutes. Without USC and UCLA, that moniker won't apply anymore seeing how those two universities are responsible for at least half (if not more) of those championships.
                      I always wondered about those claims. Like with Nebraska, the national titles stay with the school, but their conference at the time should be credited for them.

Just think of the ripple effect now- does the Pac12 raid the MWC or do they lose Oregon, Washington and maybe Stanford next? If, if, if.

Comment

Comment

CU and/or Utah would make a good travel partner for BYU into the Big XII. Gonna be really interesting what happens with the rest of Pac-12...Cal and Stanford have the academics and non-football athletics to go Big10, but Oregon State/WashState/Arizona State really don't fit the mold for Big10.

Mountain West may have just gotten a whole lot bigger.

My question that is more relevant here is does that have any ripple effect for FCS and further into D2? Do some Big Sky members jump up to FBS and some RMAC/LSC/NSIC teams jump up to FCS?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                            Stanford and Cal are iffy. Washington state and Oregon state to the mountain west.

Look for the SEC to raid the big 12 for one more school as a scheduling anchor for OU, Texas, aTm, Missouri, and Arkansas.
                            Stanford would definitely fit the Big 10 model on both academics and olympic sports. I would question either Stanford or Cal to the Big 12 with BYU in the Big 12. Those two have always turned their noses up at BYU.

Comment

If the PAC 12 pulled from the Big Sky or WAC even, I could see (possibly) Colorado Mesa, Central Washington, WT and Angelo State atleast entertaining the idea of moving up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X