Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen F. Austin & WTAMU??

Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches could join West Texas A&M University in the Texas A&M University System.

The SFA Board of Regents is considering whether the nearly 12,000-student university in East Texas should join a larger university system, and at least three systems across the state are expressing interest about becoming a new home for the currently unaffiliated school.

Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharpexas A&M University System
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

I'd be kind of ticked if I'm Commerce and aggy Texarkana... A better fit as far as system foot prints would be Tech as they have absolutely no current operations east of I-35. I wouldn't mind if Kingsville for much of the same reason would join the Tech system so the aggy Mothership could do what they really want do is grow A&M CC and San Antonio and pump more money into the McAllen systems center as well as Laredo. Then you would have four of he five major university systems with campuses in South Texas (aggy=McAllen, Corpus. SA and Laredo) U of H aka, Cougar High (Victoria), UT- RGV and San Antonio and Tech would have Kingsville.
    Last edited by LSC Fan; 08-23-2022, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      I'd be kind of ticked if I'm Commerce and aggy Texarkana... A better fit as far as system foot prints would be Tech as they have absolutely no current operations east of I-35. I wouldn't mind if Kingsville for much of the same reason would join the Tech system so the aggy Mothership could do what they really want do is grow A&M CC and San Antonio and pump more money into the McAllen systems center as well as Laredo. Then you would have four of he five major university systems with campuses in South Texas (aggy=McAllen, Corpus. SA and Laredo) U of H aka, Cougar High (Victoria), UT- RGV and San Antonio and Tech would have Kingsville.
      Very interesting!

Comment

Four systems! Minnesota has two- U of M which is Twin Cities, D2 Crookston, D2 Duluth & D3 Morris. The other is the Minnesota State system which is 37 schools- 7 four year schools that are in the NSIC and 30 two year schools.

It will be interesting to see which system that they pick.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          I read somewhere Kingsville wants to be Midwestern State's flagship school for football.

Midwestern State-Kingsville has a good ring to it with Maskill taking over operations? ;)

Comment

If you have 8 flagships, do you really have 0 flagships?

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
              YES!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                I'd love to see WSU-Tri Cities get sports in the non-flagship program. Pretty much 0 college sports in a metro area of over 300k with only a Columbia Basin College which is a community college and the campus is right by the National Research labs. The ironic thing is the main WSU campus is in a town 1/10th the size of the Tri-Cities.

I have to ask though the Texas people, how would tethering a D2 school to another D2 school effect athletics? Could they lose funding and possibly a team?

Comment

Can't wait for FOOTBALL to start!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X