Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Pick'em: Week 5

All LSC action all the time this week. Angelo State flies to Oregon and maybe has some players defect as they play Western Oregon. Midwestern State takes a long bus ride to play Western New Mexico. CWU finishes their vacation and goes to Eastern New Mexico. In the battle of 2-2 teams, UTPB takes the short? drive to WTAMU. Finally, TAMUK goes to Blaine instead of Burnaby to play SFU because... reasons...

Pick Here: https://forms.gle/VM7DfMWYWnvM9bk2A

ASU (4-0) @ WOU (1-3)
    3pm

Midwestern (3-1) @ WNMU (2-2)
    7pm

CWU (2-1) @ ENMU (1-3)
    7pm

UTPB (2-2) @ WTAMU (2-2)
    7pm

TAMUK (4-0) @ Simon Fraser (0-2)
    8pm

Make your picks, por favor.

Comment

Hey IronOre. Did my picks go through?

Comment

Originally posted by RamFam61 View Post
        Hey IronOre. Did my picks go through?
        You did, and bold picks they are!

Everyone else, make your picks here: https://forms.gle/VM7DfMWYWnvM9bk2A

Comment

I haven't done picks this year, but WOU losing to Western New Mexico and UT-PB doesn't bode well for this season. Tough games coming up, i.e., Angelo State this weekend. Eventually the university has to care about football, don't they? The coaches care. The players care. A.D.'s come and go, presidents come and go at the same rate, a quick revolving door, but things stay the same: low scholarship numbers and a tiny stadium. Even just a small stadium expansion to 4,000 would make it look better than a Class 2A prep facility.

Every year I harp on these things, hopefully this will be the last time I do it this season. Nothing seems to change. Hope is not a plan, but I don't get the feeling that the admin cares. They want to be D2 in name, but really not do much to further the program. Stuff they could do to promote the program and the past -- like actually writing up who got inducted to the new Football Hall of Fame, would go a long ways to establishing some good will. But they won't do that, they simply dig in their heels and won't change. I just don't get it. I guess it's a school culture thing that's embedded, something I will probably never understand.

Oh well, I'll go to the WOU game this weekend, enjoy the atmosphere and wish the team well. That's about all any WOU fan can do ... and that's what the university wants, just hope things get better.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

You did, and bold picks they are!

Everyone else, make your picks here: https://forms.gle/VM7DfMWYWnvM9bk2A
            Sure, real bold... Thanks for confirming.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              I haven't done picks this year, but WOU losing to Western New Mexico and UT-PB doesn't bode well for this season. Tough games coming up, i.e., Angelo State this weekend. Eventually the university has to care about football, don't they? The coaches care. The players care. A.D.'s come and go, presidents come and go at the same rate, a quick revolving door, but things stay the same: low scholarship numbers and a tiny stadium. Even just a small stadium expansion to 4,000 would make it look better than a Class 2A prep facility.

Every year I harp on these things, hopefully this will be the last time I do it this season. Nothing seems to change. Hope is not a plan, but I don't get the feeling that the admin cares. They want to be D2 in name, but really not do much to further the program. Stuff they could do to promote the program and the past -- like actually writing up who got inducted to the new Football Hall of Fame, would go a long ways to establishing some good will. But they won't do that, they simply dig in their heels and won't change. I just don't get it. I guess it's a school culture thing that's embedded, something I will probably never understand.

Oh well, I'll go to the WOU game this weekend, enjoy the atmosphere and wish the team well. That's about all any WOU fan can do ... and that's what the university wants, just hope things get better.
              WOU is the "what if" team in the LSC. They could have, probably should have, been 3-1 going into the Angelo game this week. Something's preventing them from being better than a 5-7 win team every year.

Comment

The Week 5 preview is up:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-week-5-preview/

Comment

Curious how WT responds this week. Looks like it could be a similar situation to CWU last year as they may need to win out if they have any hope for the playoffs. Problem is, there are a lot of teams in front of them, including the teams that have beaten them the last two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                    Curious how WT responds this week. Looks like it could be a similar situation to CWU last year as they may need to win out if they have any hope for the playoffs. Problem is, there are a lot of teams in front of them, including the teams that have beaten them the last two weeks.
                    The thing in their favor is I think 3 teams from the LSC will go. WT can be that 3rd team if they win out but ASU needs to also win out for that to happen in my opinion.

Comment

SAVE THE DATE!!

The 20th Annual TIPS-USA C.H.A.M.P.S. Heart Of Texas Bowl, will be returning to Ernest Hawkins Field at Texas A&M University Commerce’s Memorial Stadium on December 3, 2022. The HOT Bowl is a one-of-a-kind football extravaganza – It is the only bowl game in the country featuring two separate football games, from two different college football divisions, on the same day, at the same field!

GAME 1: Kicks off at 11:00 a.m. and will feature one of the top ranked members of the Southwest Junior College Football Conference facing off against another nationally ranked junior college program.

GAME 2: Kicks off at 6:00 p.m. and will feature a top-ranking team in the Lone Star Conference versus another highly competitive and motivated team from NCAA Division 2.

Comment

Originally posted by hasbeen View Post

SAVE THE DATE!!

The 20th Annual TIPS-USA C.H.A.M.P.S. Heart Of Texas Bowl, will be returning to Ernest Hawkins Field at Texas A&M University Commerce’s Memorial Stadium on December 3, 2022. The HOT Bowl is a one-of-a-kind football extravaganza – It is the only bowl game in the country featuring two separate football games, from two different college football divisions, on the same day, at the same field!

GAME 1: Kicks off at 11:00 a.m. and will feature one of the top ranked members of the Southwest Junior College Football Conference facing off against another nationally ranked junior college program.

GAME 2: Kicks off at 6:00 p.m. and will feature a top-ranking team in the Lone Star Conference versus another highly competitive and motivated team from NCAA Division 2.
                        This one has WT written all over it. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

WOU is the "what if" team in the LSC. They could have, probably should have, been 3-1 going into the Angelo game this week. Something's preventing them from being better than a 5-7 win team every year.
                          It's the coach. He makes them a solid team every year, but they -always- commit a bunch of dumb mistakes that keeps them from really taking off. Every game I've watched them play over the years there are always 2-3 dumb personal fouls that cost them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

This one has WT written all over it. Hope I am wrong.
                            I think you are wrong. The one year we had a good OC there was talk of playoffs or a bowl. McBroom and Hughes said they weren’t interested in any bowl invites.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

It's the coach. He makes them a solid team every year, but they -always- commit a bunch of dumb mistakes that keeps them from really taking off. Every game I've watched them play over the years there are always 2-3 dumb personal fouls that cost them.
                              I would take that coach over Hughes because the former proved he can beat teams with much better players while the latter proved he can lose to any D2 team. I’m referring to WT’s loss in Oregon last year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X