Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANGELO STATE RANKED #3 IN NATION

Is it just me or does it seem a bit surreal that Angelo State is #3 in the country?? That's INCREDIBLE!!

Man, coach Girsch sure has turned this program around. It started with a great decision by Dr May who believed in Girsch 100%. I remember him telling me that the Girsch hire was 100% on him, but he believed Girsch could compete for a Natty. He was absolutely right.

What appears more amazing is Girsch basically lost his entire OL, some to transfer portal. So he had a few months to rebuild with unknown talent.

It is WAY too early to get excited, but no matter what happens, Girsch is not only a great HC but a great man as well. I am happy for him, his players, and all Angelo fans!
    Last edited by ASUPops; 09-27-2022, 12:15 PM.

Quite funny how NO ONE wants to discuss a LSC team being 3rd in the nation.

However, lots of noise about girls sports or another LSC team if they win a few games against low life opponents.

Shouldn't we all cheer ANY LSC team being in the top 10? Its such a crappy conference!!

Comment

I will cheer them on in the playoffs.

I don't think its any surprise to most peeps on this board given last years run and this years ranking.

They are set up for home field advantage if they run the table to the quarterfinal round and possibly semifinal round.

Heck if things fall perfectly then the 10/29 Simon Fraser game might be the last time they leave Texas period.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        Is it just me or does it seem a bit surreal that Angelo State is #3 in the country?? That's INCREDIBLE!!

Man, coach Girsch sure has turned this program around. It started with a great decision by Dr May who believed in Girsch 100%. I remember him telling me that the Girsch hire was 100% on him, but he believed Girsch could compete for a Natty. He was absolutely right.

What appears more amazing is Girsch basically lost his entire OL, some to transfer portal. So he had a few months to rebuild with unknown talent.

It is WAY too early to get excited, but no matter what happens, Girsch is not only a great HC but a great man as well. I am happy for him, his players, and all Angelo fans!
        I have said several times that Angelo has a winner for a coach. I’m glad they are nationally ranked. Recently posters have indicated that Angelo and WT fans/players/coaches dislike each other but I am not a part of that, nor is anyone I know.

That being said I am also impressed and pleased with Kingsvile’s resurgence. Best of luck to these teams when they aren’t playing WT. The only LSC team I dislike is UTPB and that’s due to their coach’s behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I have said several times that Angelo has a winner for a coach. I’m glad they are nationally ranked. Recently posters have indicated that Angelo and WT fans/players/coaches dislike each other but I am not a part of that, nor is anyone I know.

That being said I am also impressed and pleased with Kingsvile’s resurgence. Best of luck to these teams when they aren’t playing WT. The only LSC team I dislike is UTPB and that’s due to their coach’s behavior.
          Nothing against the piggies, as I even prematurely said "they are back", but if WT was 4-0 with those wins being over North American, Sul Ross, ENMU, and TAMUK (after 6 turnovers), would you say WT football has turned it's program around??

Comment

Nothing against the piggies, as I even prematurely said "they are back", but if WT was 4-0 with those wins being over North American, Sul Ross, ENMU, and TAMUK (after 6 turnovers), would you say WT football has turned it's program around??
            No because WT-TKW is one of the many posters that sees through that fraud as WT has done the same in the past scheduling Panhandle State, Texas College, etc.

Comment

No, but they have had an even harder time than WT fans that have had to put up with the McBroom coaches. Nesbitt also benefited from games against Panhandle State and McMurry while they were in D2.

The Kingsville fans have had much worse than mediocre football. So I’m glad they have won the games they should have. It remains to be seen how good they are but when they play Angelo I expect them to lose.

Comment

Can't disagree. It's nice to see them at 4-0. Not too long ago, they might have been 2-2 with the two loses coming against the same quality of ENMU and WTAM teams they have this year. ENMU might have been a close loss. WTAM probably would have been a two to three score loss.

At this point with who is left on the schedule after SFU which should be a win, the Javs are probably favored in three with that being WNM, UTPB and Western Oregon. They will be dogs against MSU, Angelo and CWU. Now if they can pull the shocker and upset Angelo or even remain very close to them until the end in a loss, that possibly resets things for the MSU and CWU games. But based on the momentum they have right now, it wouldn't shock me if they upset CWU or MSU. They will probably be dogs even with a close loss to Angelo however.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Can't disagree. It's nice to see them at 4-0. Not too long ago, they might have been 2-2 with the two loses coming against the same quality of ENMU and WTAM teams they have this year. ENMU might have been a close loss. WTAM probably would have been a two to three score loss.

At this point with who is left on the schedule after SFU which should be a win, the Javs are probably favored in three with that being WNM, UTPB and Western Oregon. They will be dogs against MSU, Angelo and CWU. Now if they can pull the shocker and upset Angelo or even remain very close to them until the end in a loss, that possibly resets things for the MSU and CWU games. But based on the momentum they have right now, it wouldn't shock me if they upset CWU or MSU. They will probably be dogs even with a close loss to Angelo however.
                  The thing is, I still font know how good TAMUK is. WT beat themselves with 6 turnovers. And only lost by a TD. So, I am still up in the air this season with the piggies.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect against Angelo. But this being football ANYTHING can happen. The way it is brewing up, TAMUK has a real good chance of beating the #3 team in the nation. I can absolutely see that happening.

We all will see if TAMUK's orogram has turned around during theor final 5 games. That's when y'alls season actually starts.

Good luck!

Comment

Just realized TAMUK @ ANGELO is Angelo States Homecoming game. I have to attend that game!

Comment

The thing is, I still font know how good TAMUK is. WT beat themselves with 6 turnovers. And only lost by a TD. So, I am still up in the air this season with the piggies.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect against Angelo. But this being football ANYTHING can happen. The way it is brewing up, TAMUK has a real good chance of beating the #3 team in the nation. I can absolutely see that happening.

We all will see if TAMUK's orogram has turned around during theor final 5 games. That's when y'alls season actually starts.

Good luck!
                      While I agree that it is way too early to make any grand predictions for Kingsville this season, I think you can definitely say that the turnaround is well on its way thanks to the new coaching staff. Back in 2019 and for several years before, Kingsville would be 2-2 at this point. And in those years when they did manage a conference win, they never did it by a 43-10 margin like against ENMU. It has been a while since they saw that kind of margin of victory against even the weaker members of the conference.

Kingsville's defense seems better, albeit against weaker competition. They seem to be getting more turnovers in general so the 6 they got in West Texas might be attributable in part to Kingsville's improved defense

When Kingsville plays Angelo State, they will be the big underdog, but it wouldn't be smart to look past Kingsville. There is the potential for what would be a major upset. Crazier things things have happened.
                      Last edited by TAMUK09; 09-29-2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Just realized TAMUK @ ANGELO is Angelo States Homecoming game. I have to attend that game!
                        That's a great homecoming game! Sheesh, I'd like to attend too!

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post

That's a great homecoming game! Sheesh, I'd like to attend too!
                          Right!!!

Girsch better get his players attention or that's an upset waiting to happen!!

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

While I agree that it is way too early to make any grand predictions for Kingsville this season, I think you can definitely say that the turnaround is well on its way thanks to the new coaching staff. Back in 2019 and for several years before, Kingsville would be 2-2 at this point. And in those years when they did manage a conference win, they never did it by a 43-10 margin like against ENMU. It has been a while since they saw that kind of margin of victory against even the weaker members of the conference.

Kingsville's defense seems better, albeit against weaker competition. They seem to be getting more turnovers in general so the 6 they got in West Texas might be attributable in part to Kingsville's improved defense

When Kingsville plays Angelo State, they will be the big underdog, but it wouldn't be smart to look past Kingsville. There is the potential for what would be a major upset. Crazier things things have happened.
                            Look past them to who? Simon Fraser the next week??

Comment

I'm just saying don't talk like Kingsville is a guaranteed win for Angelo State. Kingsville could beat them. You are talking like Angelo State is going to win a national championship and playing these crummy conference teams is a waste of time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X