Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

I am assuming it was in the contract to move it back to their home stadium with restrictions changes and you are assuming it is not in the contract to be moved back. Without any confirmation from either side we may never know. Having been around Simon Fraser and the GNAC, I would say it is not a nefarious choice to "pull one over" on another school. JMO.
    You are correct, without seeing the contract we are making assumptions. However, you can usually determine what is in the contract by the performance, or nonperformance, by the two parties to the contract.

Again, like I said in the post you quoted, don’t you think if it was in the agreement that SFU could require the game be moved back to Burnaby, that SFU would invoke that contingency and insist that the game be moved to Burnaby and that is where the game would be played?

In this case, since the game is NOT being moved back, I think the best assumption to be made is that it was NOT in the contract to move it back. The reason I think this is the best assumption is because that is what the two parties are actually doing, i.e., not moving the game back to Burnaby but playing in Washington. In other words they are each fulfilling the exact specifications of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      I went out on two limbs this week. I picked WT to beat CWU and Simon Fraser to upset WNMU.
      Gutsy, but depending on injuries and which WT shows up (maybe more importantly whether the WT coaches will let Gerber play his game), I think WT has a chance to win.

I think the more gutsy choice is SFU over WNMU. While ASU handily beat WNMU last week, I wont think that was the typical WNMU team and they are better than they looked last week.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
        The "Loser is Out" Bowl could also be the "Western Oregon Knocked Us Out of the Playoffs" Bowl.
        This was probably an elimination game regardless.

4 LSC teams weren't making it to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

This was probably an elimination game regardless.

4 LSC teams weren't making it to the playoffs.
          Have you and your slide rule calculated how WOU gets into the playoffs? They deserve it more than WT.

Comment

The Week 8 Preview will be up at 6:00 Eastern time.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Have you and your slide rule calculated how WOU gets into the playoffs? They deserve it more than WT.
              Easy - but it involves a DeLorean.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Gutsy, but depending on injuries and which WT shows up (maybe more importantly whether the WT coaches will let Gerber play his game), I think WT has a chance to win.

I think the more gutsy choice is SFU over WNMU. While ASU handily beat WNMU last week, I wont think that was the typical WNMU team and they are better than they looked last week.
                I think the same WT shows up every game. The only impressive win was against Western Colorado, which was ranked #17 at the time (they are 4-3 now). We can't even blame the coaches for running up the middle too much as of late, in the last 3 games Gerber has averaged almost 300 yards per game passing.

WT could easily lose all of their remaining games. I don't think they will, but it's certainly possible. I think they will lose 2 more, but never overestimate a Hughes team.

I see it's "Super Hero" night this Saturday. Who are you guys dressing up like?
                Last edited by WT_TKW; 10-20-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

You are correct, without seeing the contract we are making assumptions. However, you can usually determine what is in the contract by the performance, or nonperformance, by the two parties to the contract.

Again, like I said in the post you quoted, don’t you think if it was in the agreement that SFU could require the game be moved back to Burnaby, that SFU would invoke that contingency and insist that the game be moved to Burnaby and that is where the game would be played?

In this case, since the game is NOT being moved back, I think the best assumption to be made is that it was NOT in the contract to move it back. The reason I think this is the best assumption is because that is what the two parties are actually doing, i.e., not moving the game back to Burnaby but playing in Washington. In other words they are each fulfilling the exact specifications of the contract.
                  Correct. I would agree. What was said in the initial posts lead me to believe the game was actually changed to their (SF) home field. This not actually being the case, I would agree with you.

Comment

Actually WT could still eek out a playoff spot if they win out.

They are ranked higher towards the top 10 in the regional rankings than I thought they would be.

"IF" they win out they have head to head over Western Colorado and Central Washington.

Chances are slim but if the 3rd place NSIC team has 3 losses then there is a chance.

Personally I think Central Washington will squash that dream for good Saturday but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

For WT to make it they need to win out, TAMUK to beat Central Washington and win out after Angelo, Mines to win out, and the NSIC 3 and below to have 3 losses.
                    Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 10-20-2022, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Actually WT could still eek out a playoff spot if they win out.

They are ranked higher towards the top 10 in the regional rankings than I thought they would be.

"IF" they win out they have head to head over Western Colorado and Central Washington.

Chances are slim but if the 3rd place NSIC team has 3 losses then there is a chance.

Personally I think Central Washington will squash that dream for good Saturday but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

For WT to make it they need to win out, TAMUK to beat Central Washington and win out after Angelo, Mines to win out, and the NSIC 3 and below to have 3 losses.
                      It's EKE not eek, though EEK describes the McBroom football coaches. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/eek

At least we agree that CWU should win on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Stupid WOU... Tim Sullivan wasn't around to call it the "Annual Beatdown" so CWU lost their mojo.
                        Regarding the annual beatdown, I can't call it that anymore. The last two games I've seen in Ellensburg, Western Oregon won in the last minute.

Comment

It's EKE not eek, though EEK describes the McBroom football coaches. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/eek

Eke…that’s how I spelled it in the week 8 preview, so good that it’s right. It bothers me to no end when I put something out there and I see typos in it after I’ve read it over a bunch and it’s been published.

Comment

It's called being too lazy to override and proofread.

Comment

Texcap and whoever the crap N/A is are the pickers of the week.
                              Score Your d2football.com User Name
                              5 / 5 Texcap
                              5 / 5 N/A
                              4 / 5 WT&TTechfan
                              4 / 5 Roaming Buff
                              4 / 5 lscfan77
                              4 / 5 SPWOU
                              4 / 5 jayhawkdaddy
                              4 / 5 [email protected]
                              4 / 5 89HOG
                              4 / 5 WT_TKW
                              4 / 5 tsull
                              4 / 5 ASUPops
                              3 / 5 angelofan
                              3 / 5 Packfootball
                              3 / 5 JavsFan
                              3 / 5 Goods
                              3 / 5 QB11111
                              3 / 5 Great White Buffalo
                              3 / 5 cwfenn
                              3 / 5 RamFam61
                              3 / 5 Buffalo/islander alum
                              3 / 5 Runnin' Cat
                              3 / 5 BuffaloChip
                              3 / 5 Kamolacat
                              3 / 5 Silverhound

Comment

I have a friend who sat right behind the CWU bench in Saturday's loss to WT. He said CWU coaches and players were the most "uninspired" bunch he's ever seen. Players didn't talk to coaches and coaches didn't talk to players. It was Deadsville all the way. He was flummoxed and confused with the lack of emotion and communication on the CWU sidelines.

I thought WT came ready to play and played that way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X