Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one key thing is WOU (last time I checked) was closer to 10 scholarships rather than 20. WOU has never had a high scholarship amount. When they made the move up some 20 years ago they were at 2 or so. They've had a revolving door of A.D.'s and presidents and fund raising for scholarships really hasn't been a high priority. Yeah, they have an auction and mailers, it needs to go beyond that. I think in D2 a team needs more than 20 to contend for league titles.

I think a lot of the QB's who left probably weren't receiving a lot of scholarship dough. One was mired on the depth chart and is now starting at D3 Whitworth. Not sure where the other ones went.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Canyon, TX is not the most attractive place in the US, but we tend to hang on to our QBs, often for 5 years. In the good old days we had Keith Null who was drafted and played for the Rams and Dustin Vaughan who was on the Cowboys roster for over a year.

I'm wondering why people leave WOU? Does it rain all winter? I might live in Western Washington if not for that. Are there any other reasons a student athlete would want to leave? From what I can see of the coach, I would swap him for Hughes any day.
      I think a lot of the QBs were ‘big fish in small ponds’ in high school. When they got on campus they realized they weren’t going to play for quite a while if ever and weren’t willing to ride the pine for a few years. A curious one for me is Wyatt Harsh, it was a toss-up between him and Winker for second string last year but he decided to go to summer school this year and graduate with two years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
        I think one key thing is WOU (last time I checked) was closer to 10 scholarships rather than 20. WOU has never had a high scholarship amount. When they made the move up some 20 years ago they were at 2 or so. They've had a revolving door of A.D.'s and presidents and fund raising for scholarships really hasn't been a high priority. Yeah, they have an auction and mailers, it needs to go beyond that. I think in D2 a team needs more than 20 to contend for league titles.

I think a lot of the QB's who left probably weren't receiving a lot of scholarship dough. One was mired on the depth chart and is now starting at D3 Whitworth. Not sure where the other ones went.
        See my above comments on what happened to most of them. Ryan Blair who went to Whitworth and was a 3-star out of high school brok his ankle two weeks ago so is done for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          The one and only attractive thig in that town is the WOU campus. Other than that it is a dump.
          I disagree, it’s not bad, but nothing special. Thirty minutes from Salem of there’s not enough local action.
          Yes, it’s gloomy in the winter just like everywhere west of the Cascades but most of the players are from the area so they are accustomed to the weather.
          Last edited by SPWOU; 10-27-2022, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I've heard Monmouth called quaint, cute, boring, etc., but never a dump. It has very low crime, no run down neighborhoods, and friendly people. It's a nice college town, maybe not for everyone, but it's not a dump, and the townspeople are super nice. I truly don't understand calling it a dump.

Comment

CWU’s leading receiver, Darius Morrison, broke his hand in the WOU game. That hasn’t helped.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X