Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU Passing Game

CWU went into this season with so much faith in Quincy Glasper as the QB1 and JJ Lemming as a reliable backup option. But the injury-plagued Glasper missed some time last season and has again missed some time this season. And this season when he has played, he has looked nothing like he did last season. And Lemming continues to be inconsistent as a backup.

Should CWU be regretting not hitting the transfer portal for a QB? The team should be doing everything they can to have the best players at each position. They seem to have bolstered all positions except for QB. The last starting QB who transferred to CWU? Reilly Hennessey, who led them to a playoff appearance and is now winning national championships overseas in Germany.

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    CWU went into this season with so much faith in Quincy Glasper as the QB1 and JJ Lemming as a reliable backup option. But the injury-plagued Glasper missed some time last season and has again missed some time this season. And this season when he has played, he has looked nothing like he did last season. And Lemming continues to be inconsistent as a backup.

Should CWU be regretting not hitting the transfer portal for a QB? The team should be doing everything they can to have the best players at each position. They seem to have bolstered all positions except for QB. The last starting QB who transferred to CWU? Reilly Hennessey, who led them to a playoff appearance and is now winning national championships overseas in Germany.
    I don't get the impression the CWU offense is as deep as they were last year. They still have Morrison and Mizutani at WR, but I haven't noticed any others too much. Also, losing Flanagan was a big blow. Last year Flanagan and Boddie complimented each other well, and the same would have been true with Henderson. I think all the CWU QB's are better when there's a stronger running game, especially Lemming, who I think would be best in a play-action, deep-ball style of offense. Also, the LSC is a deeper conference, and CWU will need time to get more LSC-level players. The CWU defense has been its strength this season, and that side of the ball was LSC-ready.

Wouldn't give up on Glasper - with Flanagan back next year, another WR or two, and a solid OL and I think he will be OK.

Comment

Is winning a football NC in Germany kind of like kissing the best-looking cousin at the family reunion?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
        Is winning a football NC in Germany kind of like kissing the best-looking cousin at the family reunion?
        Better! It's like a Targaryen boinking the best looking cousin

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I don't get the impression the CWU offense is as deep as they were last year. They still have Morrison and Mizutani at WR, but I haven't noticed any others too much. Also, losing Flanagan was a big blow. Last year Flanagan and Boddie complimented each other well, and the same would have been true with Henderson. I think all the CWU QB's are better when there's a stronger running game, especially Lemming, who I think would be best in a play-action, deep-ball style of offense. Also, the LSC is a deeper conference, and CWU will need time to get more LSC-level players. The CWU defense has been its strength this season, and that side of the ball was LSC-ready.

Wouldn't give up on Glasper - with Flanagan back next year, another WR or two, and a solid OL and I think he will be OK.
          Absolutely.....and the LSC is actually a much better/tougher conference than it has been in many years!!! Probably back to when ACU was in the conference. There were 4 really tough teams back then ACU, TAMUK, WT, MSU. Followed by Angelo and Tarleton....and then ENMU and TAMUC. After 2014, the conference kinda died for a few years. It looks like it is coming back strong.

I like the addition of WOU, CWU, and SFU....although I would Ike to see SFU become a better program.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Demonte Horton is a nice pickup at WR and Marcus Cook has stepped up. I assume Daniel Johnson is injured which was a blow. Henderson is certainly a great new RB1 but CWU doesn't really have much healthy depth. Glasper is good when healthy but can't rely on someone who can only play half a season. They needed a transfer QB and struck out there.

Comment

I went to the CWU-WOU game, I thought the CWU running back was very good. I didn't see any breakaway receivers like they had in the past going way back, Spevak and many others I'm probably forgetting. The RB stood out, didn't see any others on offense that were impressive. Lemming was weak, as much as I love D2 it's often hard to build QB depth as the very good ones often go FBS or FCS. Couple years ago WOU signed I think 3 solid QB's, none are around anymore, maybe Winker was in that group, there might have been four guys, one from Spokane, one from a small school in Cali, and two from the state of Washington.

Comment

Oh, Hennessey was great, he lit up Oregon in Eugene.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Absolutely.....and the LSC is actually a much better/tougher conference than it has been in many years!!! Probably back to when ACU was in the conference. There were 4 really tough teams back then ACU, TAMUK, WT, MSU. Followed by Angelo and Tarleton....and then ENMU and TAMUC. After 2014, the conference kinda died for a few years. It looks like it is coming back strong.

I like the addition of WOU, CWU, and SFU....although I would Ike to see SFU become a better program.
                  My opinion Central Washington has the ability to recruit both West Coast and Texas players effectively.

It would be more difficult for LSC teams to go out to the west coast to recruit those same players.

Comment

I think a lot of it is receivers not making plays, coupled with injuries. Glasper hasn’t been as good but some of that is on the receivers. Lemming looks about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                      I went to the CWU-WOU game, I thought the CWU running back was very good. I didn't see any breakaway receivers like they had in the past going way back, Spevak and many others I'm probably forgetting. The RB stood out, didn't see any others on offense that were impressive. Lemming was weak, as much as I love D2 it's often hard to build QB depth as the very good ones often go FBS or FCS. Couple years ago WOU signed I think 3 solid QB's, none are around anymore, maybe Winker was in that group, there might have been four guys, one from Spokane, one from a small school in Cali, and two from the state of Washington.
                      In 2019 WOU ‘signed’ five QBs of which three showed up. One of the remaining three was WA 3A first team QB in 2018, Nate Hughes, he left the first week of fall practice, didn’t go anywhere to play FB that I’m aware of. The two remaining were Winker and Caden Hinton. Hinton, from CA, left after one year, saw him at SW MN State but no longer there. They also got Andrew Tingstad who was the starter at Azusa, he graduated after one year with eligibility remaining.
                      In 2020 WOU signed 3-star Ryan Blair from Mead,WA (near Spokane). He transferred to DIII Whitworth and was their starter until three weeks ago when he broke his ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

In 2019 WOU ‘signed’ five QBs of which three showed up. One of the remaining three was WA 3A first team QB in 2018, Nate Hughes, he left the first week of fall practice, didn’t go anywhere to play FB that I’m aware of. The two remaining were Winker and Caden Hinton. Hinton, from CA, left after one year, saw him at SW MN State but no longer there. They also got Andrew Tingstad who was the starter at Azusa, he graduated after one year with eligibility remaining.
                        In 2020 WOU signed 3-star Ryan Blair from Mead,WA (near Spokane). He transferred to DIII Whitworth and was their starter until three weeks ago when he broke his ankle.
                        Canyon, TX is not the most attractive place in the US, but we tend to hang on to our QBs, often for 5 years. In the good old days we had Keith Null who was drafted and played for the Rams and Dustin Vaughan who was on the Cowboys roster for over a year.

I'm wondering why people leave WOU? Does it rain all winter? I might live in Western Washington if not for that. Are there any other reasons a student athlete would want to leave? From what I can see of the coach, I would swap him for Hughes any day.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Canyon, TX is not the most attractive place in the US, but we tend to hang on to our QBs, often for 5 years. In the good old days we had Keith Null who was drafted and played for the Rams and Dustin Vaughan who was on the Cowboys roster for over a year.

I'm wondering why people leave WOU? Does it rain all winter? I might live in Western Washington if not for that. Are there any other reasons a student athlete would want to leave? From what I can see of the coach, I would swap him for Hughes any day.
                          It's OREGON bro!!! Hippie heaven. Enough said!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The one and only attractive thig in that town is the WOU campus. Other than that it is a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                              The one and only attractive thig in that town is the WOU campus. Other than that it is a dump.
                              Neighborhoods around campus are nice; downtown is small, not a lot there, but better than it was in the past. It runs right into Independence, a former dump that has greatly improved. If Monmouth is a dump, you haven't seen dumps.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X