Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings 10/24 Discussion

Going by Inkblot's numbers and they lined up alphabetically with what was released yesterday.

Minnesota State beating Augustana and Winona State beating Sioux Falls have made it significantly difficult for the LSC to get 3 teams in the playoffs.

Looking at the last 3 weeks it would appear Bemidji State has the easiest schedule of the NSIC teams and the highest probability of winning out.

Minnesota State plays Sioux Falls on the road and Winona State at home.

Sioux Falls plays Minnesota State and Wayne State at home. Sioux Falls winning out would be extremely helpful.

Augustana and Winona also play each other.

Question will be if enough NSIC teams get a 3rd loss and if a team like WT (and/or Kingsville if they lose 3 games) have enough SOS power to stay or jump over teams.

Angelo State should win out and finish 11-0 and the top seed.

Kingsville could lose 1 or 2 more games making it an uneasy feeling for them if they do.

Colorado Mines and Western Colorado play for the RMAC outright or share of title this weekend.

Does Mines still get in with 3 losses? Can Western Colorado jump up enough to get to #7?

Key games this weekend (10/29):

#6 Minnesota State (6-2) @ #2 Sioux Falls (7-1)

#3 Texas A&M - Kingsville (5-1) @ Central Washington (4-3)

#4 Colorado Mines (6-2) @ Western Colorado (5-3)

#5 Augustana (6-2) @ #7 Winona State (6-2)

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Going by Inkblot's numbers and they lined up alphabetically with what was released yesterday.

Minnesota State beating Augustana and Winona State beating Sioux Falls have made it significantly difficult for the LSC to get 3 teams in the playoffs.

Does Mines still get in with 3 losses? Can Western Colorado jump up enough to get to #7?

The NSIC teams over the next couple of weeks will cannibalize each other and create a couple of two loss teams and several three loss teams. With Mines strength of schedule (SOS) they should best any three loss NSIC teams, especially considering the fact that two of their three losses would be by a total of six points, with one in overtime, to the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the country, and more than likely the #1 seeds in two of the four super regions. If there is ever such a thing as a "good loss" those two losses are the definition of a "good loss."

The only thing that might hurt them with three losses, assuming the third loss is to Western Colorado (who else could they possibly lose to), would be the head-to-head aspect of that loss when picking either Mines or Western for the final spot in the region.

But I think this is a moot point because it is highly unlikely that Mines will lose to Western Colorado. Mines are on a mission and that mission is to meet Angelo State again in the region and try to avenge that loss and then meet up with GVSU again in the semi's or championship, and avenge that loss.

As an ASU fan, I'm not looking forward to a rematch with Mines at any point in the playoffs.

Comment

I think another interesting question will be who, if anyone, out of SR4 gets the same treatment that CWU got last year and is shipped to SR3 to play in that regional, and who SR4 gets from SR3 to replace them?

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
        I think another interesting question will be who, if anyone, out of SR4 gets the same treatment that CWU got last year and is shipped to SR3 to play in that regional, and who SR4 gets from SR3 to replace them?
        Right now I have Winona State in SR3 playing Pittsburg State, and Colorado Mines hosting Davenport; but even the slightest shift in the rankings can cause half a dozen matchups to change. One thing to keep an eye on, though: Colorado Mines and Texas A&M Kingsville are both unlikely to be within 600 miles of any potential first-round opponent, so if one is in the 2-4 spots and the other 5-7 they'll likely play each other and that'll be the only first-round flight, but if they're both 2-4 or both 5-7 we'll probably have two flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Right now I have Winona State in SR3 playing Pittsburg State, and Colorado Mines hosting Davenport; but even the slightest shift in the rankings can cause half a dozen matchups to change. One thing to keep an eye on, though: Colorado Mines and Texas A&M Kingsville are both unlikely to be within 600 miles of any potential first-round opponent, so if one is in the 2-4 spots and the other 5-7 they'll likely play each other and that'll be the only first-round flight, but if they're both 2-4 or both 5-7 we'll probably have two flights.
          This might be on another level but is there a way where you can line up the SOS number for the top 2-3 teams from each region next to each other when the time gets closer to see who might be semi final hosts?

Comment

This might be on another level but is there a way where you can line up the SOS number for the top 2-3 teams from each region next to each other when the time gets closer to see who might be semi final hosts?
            Last year they didn't do what I expected so I'm hesitant to make predictions about that. But you can see all the numbers at https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/index.html.

Comment

One other possibility could be West Texas A&M travelling to Pitt State if Sioux Falls secures a second seed and WT back doors a 7 seed?

Personally I see Pitt State as a much stronger team than Sioux Falls and would hate that matchup.

Only way I see solving the Mines/Kingsville problem is if Angelo and Kingsville lose one more game (highly unlikely together) and they meet in the 1st round for a rematch.

I could see Mines possibly hosting NW Missouri State if they are a 7 seed and Mines gets the 2?

Comment

Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 10-27-2022, 06:14 AM. Reason: Replied to the wrong post

Comment

One other possibility could be West Texas A&M travelling to Pitt State if Sioux Falls secures a second seed and WT back doors a 7 seed?

Personally I see Pitt State as a much stronger team than Sioux Falls and would hate that matchup.

Only way I see solving the Mines/Kingsville problem is if Angelo and Kingsville lose one more game (highly unlikely together) and they meet in the 1st round for a rematch.

I could see Mines possibly hosting NW Missouri State if they are a 7 seed and Mines gets the 2?
                  That is very unlikely. Besides, who would want to see WT massacred 70-0?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

That is very unlikely. Besides, who would want to see WT massacred 70-0?
                    Most of this board. LOL.

Comment

Most of this board.
                      I don't. Nothing good will come out of WT backing into the playoffs. It would just be another embarrassment.

Hughes will be back (unless they lose all remaining games). Next year without Gerber they will be lucky to win 4 games.

Comment

Last year they didn't do what I expected .
                        Was this at the start of the playoffs or at the semifinals?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Was this at the start of the playoffs or at the semifinals?
                          Semifinals.

Comment

Semifinals.
                            Again buff nation... you would rather not back door in the playoffs when a lot of you all said playoffs or bust. Region 4 by far is the weakest this yr. I'm saying that' I think Angelo and mines can beat anybody in the country because they are the most balanced and experienced teams. The lsc this year has been Great. Head to head it dominated the rmac and the nsic does not have that dominate team in the past. The addition of the gnaw schools has been good. Western Oregon is a good team as is cwu, msu, Kingsville, wnmu utpb gave 2 games away and had a chance to take the lead twice against Angelo. Oh yeah and u and utpeanut butter beat the second best team in the rmac. U wouldn't like a chance again at Kingsville first round after that fiasco of a game and you still could have won? And if you do get shipped out to say play Pitt state, I would not be surprised at all u walk out of there with a win...and would not want to see yall again in the playoffs thst is a 50/50 game.y'all are playing great again at the end of the year like last yr. Except u are still in the hunt for a spot.

ps: after I said all of this I'm picking wnmu to win the game. just a feeling I have. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by ASUfam&fan View Post

Again buff nation... you would rather not back door in the playoffs when a lot of you all said playoffs or bust. Region 4 by far is the weakest this yr. I'm saying that' I think Angelo and mines can beat anybody in the country because they are the most balanced and experienced teams. The lsc this year has been Great. Head to head it dominated the rmac and the nsic does not have that dominate team in the past. The addition of the gnaw schools has been good. Western Oregon is a good team as is cwu, msu, Kingsville, wnmu utpb gave 2 games away and had a chance to take the lead twice against Angelo. Oh yeah and u and utpeanut butter beat the second best team in the rmac. U wouldn't like a chance again at Kingsville first round after that fiasco of a game and you still could have won? And if you do get shipped out to say play Pitt state, I would not be surprised at all u walk out of there with a win...and would not want to see yall again in the playoffs thst is a 50/50 game.y'all are playing great again at the end of the year like last yr. Except u are still in the hunt for a spot.

ps: after I said all of this I'm picking wnmu to win the game. just a feeling I have. Sorry
                              You are leading the list for: Sandbagger of the Year Award

Great job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X