Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Mines looked very out of sorts against Mankato, if they play like that again they'll get blown out.
    ASU looked very out of sorts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bippy McGoo View Post

ASU looked very out of sorts as well.
      That has nothing to do with what I replied to. If Mines plays that poorly they'll get worked, I don't expect that to happen and hope for an entertaining game.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Haha. Yeah, Borland was a good addition.
        A good guy as well as good coach no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Mines IS superior. They have superstars on their team. Ask IronOre who I selected to win in pick'ems.

Angelo is a scrappy TEAM that is well coached. They dont have superstars. If they happen to find a way to beat the mighty Orediggers, It will be through true team play.

IMO, this IS the NC match-up. And YES, both teams are hungry.
          36 players from Texas 😂

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Yeah. Not sandbagging. That's all I was pointing out. They've done that a few times this year and it just feels like the bill could come due. If Mines looks right this weekend I think they'll win.
            The game against Western comes to mind, Matocha threw three pics. Turnovers will definitely be a factor this weekend. Mines will need to play a near perfect game and clean up their special teams play to give themselves a chance. Another key will be stopping Omayebu and Grear. Rams have the best defense in the country and held Mines to 273 yards of offense in the last game. I am definitely nervous for them, but hope to see Mines get the win!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post

The game against Western comes to mind, Matocha threw three pics. Turnovers will definitely be a factor this weekend. Mines will need to play a near perfect game and clean up their special teams play to give themselves a chance. Another key will be stopping Omayebu and Grear. Rams have the best defense in the country and held Mines to 273 yards of offense in the last game. I am definitely nervous for them, but hope to see Mines get the win!
              Greer has been out for the year with a torn ACL he got in the first Mines game this year. That being said, Cason Phillips has stepped into his shoes and done a very good job.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Greer has been out for the year with a torn ACL he got in the first Mines game this year. That being said, Cason Phillips has stepped into his shoes and done a very good job.
                Sorry to hear, he was really good in the playoffs last year.

Comment

36 players from Texas 😂
                  Yes, I know. That's WHY they are so good!

I stated that this is gonna be a home game for Mines. All the Texas players family and friends will be in San Angelo for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

That has nothing to do with what I replied to. If Mines plays that poorly they'll get worked, I don't expect that to happen and hope for an entertaining game.
                    I'm replying to what you said not what you replied to. I'm saying ASU also looked out of sorts. They'll also get worked if they don't play better. They had trouble even getting plays in on time. I also expect them to play better as long as QB is healthy.
                    Last edited by Bippy McGoo; 11-30-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bippy McGoo View Post

I'm replying to what you said not what you replied to. I'm saying ASU also looked out of sorts. They'll also get worked if they don't play better. They had trouble even getting plays of on time. I also expect them to play better as long as QB is healthy.
                      Agree 100%

Comment

Whoooooaaaa this just gets me fired up!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cll74...d=N2ZiY2E3YmU=

#GuardtheLeGrand
                        #GoRams

Comment

Angelo reminds me of the old Baltimore Ravens teams that had a grind-it-out type of offense with an exceptional defense. Teams couldn't get an inch against them without paying for it.

There hasn't been a single week this season where there were doubts about the Angelo defense. I think that's the difference in this game. I think Mines will score some because their offense is quite good, but that Angelo defense is built to win and I think the Angelo offense is underrated.

Comment

Week 3 Preview is now up:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-posts...eek-3-preview/

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                              RMAC columnists perspective predicts a 38-27 ASU victory. He makes some good points about the Mines secondary and special teams play.

https://www.d2football.com/rmac-post...three-preview/

Comment

RMAC columnists perspective predicts a 38-27 ASU victory. He makes some good points about the Mines secondary and special teams play.

https://www.d2football.com/rmac-post...three-preview/
                                Predicting ASU to score 38 against a quality opponent like Mines worries me a lot. Doesn't mean they cannot do that, I sure wouldn't want to count on that happening. They have only scored more than 37 points once this year against WNMU (52-13).

Outscoring opponents in high scoring games is not how ASU is built. The ASU defense is what makes this team run, and the offense could potentially score a lot of points if the defense sets them up with short fields due to turnovers and stops or special teams play.

If ASu is to be successful, I think the over/under on total score needs to be around 50 or so.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X