Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Add this to the long list of annoying comments by this guy. What about the “TEAM” you popped off about? No “stars” was an advantage. Idiot.
    Look in the mirror and you shall find the King of the Idiots! Hail to the King.

Comment

• Unfortunately it went how I expected it to go. ASU special teams was bad and made mistakes while Mines played a clean game (only time I can think of they weren't on a play that should have been a turnover, the officials bailed them out). If both could do that ASU would win by a couple TDs. It's all on the coach though who didn't keep Wilcox in to return punts. Also got some bad breaks, like with the questionable fumble at the beginning and obvious ball going off the Mines defender on the punt recovered by ASU but not awarded to them. Too much to overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
        Shepherd @ Mines, I’ll be there.
        Shepherd's QB is good but they're not going to be within 14-17 points of Mines. There's no one in Region 1 close to Mines (the PSAC board might not agree, but they'll see soon enough). New Haven would have beaten Shepherd in the first round if they had a better offense.

Wonder how Ferris fans are feeling now that West Florida is going there.
        Last edited by cwfenn; 12-04-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bippy McGoo View Post
          Unfortunately it went how I expected it to go. ASU special teams was bad and made mistakes while Mines played a clean game (only time I can think of they weren't on a play that should have been a turnover, the officials bailed them out). If both could do that ASU would win by a couple TDs. It's all on the coach though who didn't keep Wilcox in to return punts. Also got some bad breaks, like with the questionable fumble at the beginning and obvious ball going off the Mines defender on the punt recovered by ASU but not awarded to them. Too much to overcome.
          Yep, can't lose turnovers 3-0 at this time of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Shepherd's QB is good but they're not going to be within 14-17 points of Mines. There's no one in Region 1 close to Mines. New Haven would have beaten Shepherd in the first round if they had a better offense.

They are happy to be hosting.

Long range weather looks to be sunny and 40 degrees up there so that could be a break to West Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Shepherd's QB is good but they're not going to be within 14-17 points of Mines. There's no one in Region 1 close to Mines. New Haven would have beaten Shepherd in the first round if they had a better offense.

Also how odd the region has changed over the last 10-15 years. People would have laughed you off this board if you told them any RMAC team would host a semi final and be a 2 touchdown favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Also how odd the region has changed over the last 10-15 years. People would have laughed you off this board if you told them any RMAC team would host a semi final and be a 2 touchdown favorite.
                I wonder if there is a correlation between population growth in Colorado, or if the increased success of RMAC teams at the national level is driving better recruiting. I believe this is the second time the RMAC is hosting a semifinal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post

I wonder if there is a correlation between population growth in Colorado, or if the increased success of RMAC teams at the national level is driving better recruiting. I believe this is the second time the RMAC is hosting a semifinal.
                  I think the biggest deal is the RMAC allowing teams to compete with 36 scholarships if they choose.

Comment

They are happy to be hosting.

Long range weather looks to be sunny and 40 degrees up there so that could be a break to West Florida.
                    Could be. UWF went to IUP one year and won, so that might be a weather break. Ferris, on the other hand, that's definitely not going to be a break!

Comment

• Game recaps are up now:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-postseason-week-3-recap/

Comment

Really? CSUP was REALLY good '10, '11, and '12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post

Here's a little secret: compare the school's infraction policy for marijuana usage. RMAC schools minimal if nothing. WT's is horrendous.......might as well be 1985. Times have changed, some schools haven't. 2022 kids know what's going on and some don't want to risk athletic careers because of draconian weed policies.

Comment

I think the biggest deal is the RMAC allowing teams to compete with 36 scholarships if they choose.
                            And the number of D2 programs in Texas (down to five from nine just ten years ago) The recent additions to the FCS ranks from the LSC and then the schools that have gone from FCS ranks to the FBS is making in state recruiting harder for D2 schools . Midwestern is going to have a harder time competing for recruits in the DFW area thanks to Tarleton, ACU and Commerce making moves along with the existing FBS schools. TAMUKs job is going to get harder as UTSA continues to elevate itself and UIW makes strides. Now they will have UTRGV to south as an FCS school to make it more competitive to recruit. D2 football will be a thing of the past here in Texas within 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Really? CSUP was REALLY good '10, '11, and '12.
                              They were but they were outgunned athletically in the regionals until the mid 2010s.

That playoff game WT won against them in Pueblo in the quarterfinals in 2012 was never in doubt and you could see the difference in talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

And the number of D2 programs in Texas (down to five from nine just ten years ago) The recent addition to the FCS ranks from the LSC and then the schools that have gone from FCS ranks to the FBS is making in state recruiting harder for D2 schools. Midwestern is going to have a harder time competing for recruits in the DFW area thanks to Tarleton, ACU and Commerce making moves along with the existing FBS schools. TAMUKs job is going to get harder as UTSA continues to elevate itself and UIW makes strides. Now they will have UTRGV to south as an FCS school to make it more competitive to recruit. D2 football will be a thing of the past here in Texas within 10 years.
                                Completely agree especially for Kingsville.

They will have to go FCS or D3 to avoid going to the RMAC or GAC to have teams left in Texas to play.

Talk about some long road trips.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X